[1.1.2] Ultimate Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch / 21k dps x 5 (with a Video)

"
sam6555 wrote:
Would this build be viable from a Templar starting point? I have a Witch and don't really wanna make a second to use this build. Wanted to make an Arc based build for quite a while, and this one also includes Storm Call. ^_^

I'm thinking maybe switching the Lightning Damage from Witch tree to the Templar side. Or maybe something like this?
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswVbDkgRlhOeFE0WQBbzFy8ZhRo4HRQfAiSqJLAmPCaVKMUpTyycLR8vnTbFNuk62DwFQ2NEq0w1TLNN2FAwVUtVrlXGWPVd8l8qYG1irGNDZk9mnme9bRlwUnDVcU12EX4zfq9_xoCkgUmBb4IegpuDOIV9htGIQouMjDaMdo9Gj6aQVZrPm6GdgJ2jnaqdxJ48n9-iAKKjpJGnCKeEsji3McBRwbTB889l0NDWndgk2wvbXuNq44Tk7Ovk7Djub-988B_yHfO--tL8qw==

Yes, that would work.

For more Arc dps but lower Storm Call Area of Effect, you could also use that :

Btw, instead of Storm Call, I've found that Spark work pretty well for the same purpose. You can link it with Faster Casting + Lightning Penetration + Pierce (or Critical Damage)
Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
Last edited by Velkor on Feb 23, 2014, 12:33:03 PM
I'm gonna use Arc/Storm Call as I already have a 10qual SCall. Would you suggest going into the AoE nodes because I'm using SC instead of Spark?
"
sam6555 wrote:
I'm gonna use Arc/Storm Call as I already have a 10qual SCall. Would you suggest going into the AoE nodes because I'm using SC instead of Spark?

If you're going Stormcall, then yes, the AoE nods will be much more useful.
Just got the idea from this build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/703843/

Why dont you also include Inner Force? You are just 1 step away from it and it would benefit your auras and your AA + MS spells. Maybe (especially in a softcore league) one could switch a few life nodes for it.
"
ComMcNeil wrote:
Just got the idea from this build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/703843/

Why dont you also include Inner Force? You are just 1 step away from it and it would benefit your auras and your AA + MS spells. Maybe (especially in a softcore league) one could switch a few life nodes for it.

Inner Force would gives an extra 21% to buffs (including auras) for 4 passive points.

That means :

+3.4% cast time (Haste)
+10.2% More armor (Determination)
+5.2 flat mana regen per second (Clarity)

212 flat armor (Molten Shell)

+39.7 Fire and Physical damage reduction (Arctic Armor)
Additional mana drain from Arctic Armor (when not moving): 8.0/sec (Arctic Armor)
Additional mana drain from Arctic Armor (while moving): 40.2 mana/sec (Arctic Armor)

So, offensively, Inner force wouldn't be so great (+3.4% faster casting). However, defensively, it would be very good : 10% more armor, 212 additional flat armor from Molten Shell and +40 Flat Fire and Physical reduction from Arctic Armor. However, the bonus from Arctic Armour would come at a price : 48.2 additional mana per second while moving. Even with the additional mana from Clarity (+12.2 with +mana regen from gear/passive), I wouldn't be able to afford it. So, in the end, I'd need to use a lower version of Arctic Armour. In other words, Arctic Armor would be about the same with Inner Force than without. So, the question is, does 4 passives invested in Inner force worth 3.4% Faster casting, 10% more Armor and 212 flat armor for Molten Shell ? The answer really depends on which passives have to be sacrificed for those 4 points.

Personally, I wouldn't include Inner Force in a 106 points build. However, in a 110 points+ build, Inner Force should probably be picked up.
Thanks for doing the math on this! I didn't know Inner Force also increased the mana drain in AA.
Did the new patch change anything on this build?

and can you tell me where should i go first on the tree? i think i'm going to rush EB but not sure if it's the right thing and not sure what to go after
Last edited by name22x on Mar 6, 2014, 11:45:58 AM
"
name22x wrote:
Did the new patch change anything on this build?

and can you tell me where should i go first on the tree? i think i'm going to rush EB but not sure if it's the right thing and not sure what to go after

Well, with the buff to the shadow starting areas, I decided to drop 3 passives points from block% (+8% chance to block) and spent them in cast speed (12%).

I also picked up shadow's two starting passives (+16% spell damage x 2). How did I get the 2 points for that ? I removed the 3 passives in 10% spell damage (North of witch starting area) and spent 1 point in a 10 int just north of the 4% Increased area of effect nod in the same area. Overall, it gives me +2% spell damage and +10 int for no extra passives.

Old tree :

New tree :

Last edited by Velkor on Mar 6, 2014, 10:10:57 PM
Great explanations, I'm modeling my new ambush character using this guide. One question I have though is if Body and Soul is worth all the passives? You can get elemental adaptation and ignore the power charge duration point by going south of the elemental adaptation node. Is the extra armor and ES worth it/ is elemental adaptation not that great on this build? I was thinking with the extra passives you could get those shield passives for block or the other shield passives near phalanx for more elemental resist+

Thanks for writing this up!
Last edited by zidanej on Mar 6, 2014, 10:06:24 PM
"
zidanej wrote:
Great explanations, I'm modeling my new ambush character using this guide. One question I have though is if Body and Soul is worth all the passives? You can get elemental adaptation and ignore the power charge duration point by going south of the elemental adaptation node. Is the extra armor and ES worth it/ is elemental adaptation not that great on this build? I was thinking with the extra passives you could get those shield passives for block or the other shield passives near phalanx for more elemental resist+

Thanks for writing this up!

Picking up Elemental Adaptation is not bad idea at all but I wouldn't sacrifice Body and Soul Wheel for it.

Body and Soul gives tons of extra armor% and es%, essential for both the main defense of the character (physical dmg reduction%) and Mana/Mana Regen. Each passives spent in that wheel is very efficient. In addition, it gives an extra +8 to all resist which is pretty useful too.

If you want to get Elemental Adaptation, I would consider removing some offensive passives instead, like this maybe :

Last edited by Velkor on Mar 6, 2014, 10:24:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info