[1.1.2] Ultimate Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch / 21k dps x 5 (with a Video)

Ah, makes sense. I guess I underestimated the effect of ES on mana with eldritch battery. One more question, is there a reason why you got influence in this passive tree as opposed to the one in your original post?
This build looks fun, but I'm confused about one thing: you say you run 3 auras, but I only see 8% reduced mana reserved on your skill tree (from Sovereignty). Where does the additional 4 or more percent come from since you're not using Alpha's Howl?
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
zidanej wrote:
Ah, makes sense. I guess I underestimated the effect of ES on mana with eldritch battery. One more question, is there a reason why you got influence in this passive tree as opposed to the one in your original post?

Picking up Influence instead of Sovereignty is an easy way to save 1 passive point. Overall, Sovereigty (and the 3 minor nods that leads to it) gives 28% increased aura effect and 8% reduced mana reserved. Influence (and its 2 required minors nods) gives 26% increased aura effect and 5% reduced mana reserved. So, overall, Sovereignty gives an extra 2% to aura effect and 3% reduced mana for 1 extra passive. If you think this passive is better spent elsewhere, in Elemental Adaptation for instance, and if you can afford the 3% additional mana reserved, then its not a bad idea to pick up Influence and give up Sovereignty.
Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
How end game viable is this build? I really like the sound of it, and I want to roll it to do ambush league with a friend of mine. Also, is it good for playing with two people? Thanks and thanks for the build in general!
"
Tempada wrote:
This build looks fun, but I'm confused about one thing: you say you run 3 auras, but I only see 8% reduced mana reserved on your skill tree (from Sovereignty). Where does the additional 4 or more percent come from since you're not using Alpha's Howl?

Let's see, I use 2x60% Auras. With the reduced mana support gem (71% cost of aura), 60% becomes 42.6%. Then, with 8% reduced mana from passives, it becomes 39.2%. So, together, Haste and Determination, reserve 78.4% of my mana.

In the video, you can see that my total mana is 3075. 78.4% of 3075 mana = 2410 mana, which leaves 665 mana for Clarity and Spells. That's plenty enough.

With Influence (5% reduced mana) instead of Sovereignty (8% reduced mana), I'd have 586 mana available for Clarity and Spells.
Last edited by Velkor on Mar 7, 2014, 9:29:51 AM
"
Vystral wrote:
How end game viable is this build? I really like the sound of it, and I want to roll it to do ambush league with a friend of mine. Also, is it good for playing with two people? Thanks and thanks for the build in general!

With half-decent gear, its very end-game viable. Clearing high level maps is fast and easy. However, I haven't been able to kill bosses of some maps like Jungle Valley, Torture Chamber and Residence. Most of the other bosses (up to level 75 maps - I can't speak for higher level maps) are doable solo with this build.

For a party or a partner, you bring 3 useful auras (Determination, Haste and high level Clarity). In addition, the character shock packs of monster very efficiently. I don't think any other build can shock that well. This is because of an unique mix of very fast cast speed, high crit chance and chance to shock from passives/skills/curses. This ability is useful for any partner you may group with.
Thanks for the guide.
Would you recommend getting Influence and Sovereignty together or is that overkill? Maybe take that out of cast speed since you get a bonus from haste?
In what order did you skill your passives? What did you go for first on the tree, etc?
Could you please divide your skill tree in like 20, 40, 60, 80, 100... points in the order you think its easier to go while leveling in Invasion/HC?
Thanks a lot and nice build cant wait to give it a try!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info