Join up the Scion starting nodes please!

there is no way to balance out scion

the game is based on CIRCULAR passive tree and keystones/notables are balanced using passive point cost (positional balance). it is not rocket science to know that the point with easiest access to all points in the circular shape is the middle. also - point density is highest in the middle that means cost of leaving the middle is high, but cost of crossing the middle is very high. so if your build uses something from both sides of the tree - scion is the obvious candidate

linking these points is a good idea, it changes nothing for scion but makes other classes a little bit more happy. you can as well link all these nodes together

I agree. I like this idea.
"Success is not the absence of failure. Success is persistence through failure."
Currently Playing: Contagion/Essence Drain IGN: JddoggAscended

i very much agree with this. huge enefit to every class
IGN - GetMeRichBitch
gg es/wander and alt art shop thread/2080954
My elder astral mirror thread /2127930
add me if im not online and wtb something
not much, but atleast something, i approve
Just make a Scion and be done with it :D

Maybe GGG could create some other cash sink similar to item skinning where you can build a Scion but skin it like a Marauder or whatnot LOL
OP's suggestion of linking starting nodes would mean that every non-Scion class will have a much easier time crossing the middle of the passive tree, which runs contrary the reason how the Scion class had been designed in the first place - to prohibit such thing!

Therefore I am very much against such thing - leave the Scion start as it is.
i support this idea 100%
"
T_Reich wrote:
...every non-Scion class will have a much easier time crossing the middle of the passive tree, which runs contrary the reason how the Scion class had been designed in the first place - to prohibit such thing!

Ah, so the reason we have the Scion is just to cockblock the rest of the builds? Well that does fit her bio...
"
T_Reich wrote:
OP's suggestion of linking starting nodes would mean that every non-Scion class will have a much easier time crossing the middle of the passive tree, which runs contrary the reason how the Scion class had been designed in the first place - to prohibit such thing!

Therefore I am very much against such thing - leave the Scion start as it is.

Yes, I understand the reasoning behind such thinking.
However there are a ton of people out there that actually care for their ingame appearance.
They wan't to create themed characters (i.e. a fiery warlord marauder). For them it SUCKS being forced to always always be forced into rolling a Scion class when planning a rather exotic / hybridish build. And that is the exact reason why I stopped playing PoE for now.
I just don't want to play any more Scions. So frustrating.
Last edited by Woodfist on Jan 24, 2014, 4:02:10 AM
10/10 invalesco i agree with you.. this has become a problem, scion is just mostly better for everything

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info