Are mods being overly strict now?

"
Nightmare90 wrote:
If you are having a problem with moderation (I had the same problem one time), E-Mail support@grindinggear.com about it. Seriously. Support is always getting new people in which might need some time to feel the ToU. You can ever simply acknowledge this or tell the supervisor so he might take a look into it.

I had an incident like this only one day.
I think it was a new guy but since then
I post shit all day long and don't get moderated.

There are a handful of extremely intolerant mods.
Anyone who has anything to say of substance/anyone with an opinion has an inbox full of their messages; should be brutally obvious.
"just for try, for see and for know"
"
jdilly23 wrote:
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
If you are having a problem with moderation (I had the same problem one time), E-Mail support@grindinggear.com about it. Seriously. Support is always getting new people in which might need some time to feel the ToU. You can ever simply acknowledge this or tell the supervisor so he might take a look into it.

Anyone who has anything to say of substance/anyone with an opinion has an inbox full of their messages; should be brutally obvious.

Pics or didn't happen.

Shall we commence to shit on each other like this or can we move on? :-)
Also inb4 thread lock because violating ToU. Discussing moderation is still not allowed.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jan 24, 2014, 12:04:57 AM
If this is true, then it is upsetting. I have always enjoyed these forums due the more adult atmosphere, and "grown up" words. It's been a breath of fresh air to see people using language and dialect used in the real world, and not the "church tongue" we see in some of my other favorite games like LoL. While I'm not a fan of pointless personal attacks or racism, that isn't what we are talking about here. I really hope they keep the game and forums as places where adults can express themselves freely.
Forum probation for calling someone a 'troll', so I lifetime banned myself from spending money on PoE.
Last edited by nGio on Jan 24, 2014, 12:05:33 AM
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
"
jdilly23 wrote:
"
Nightmare90 wrote:

Pics or didn't happen.

Shall we commence to shit on each other like this or can we move on? :-)
Also inb4 thread lock because violating ToU. Discussing moderation is still not allowed.

You wont get pics for reasons you have already provided :)

Its much more fun to tip toe on the line as opposed to flat out flying across it :)
"
Nightmare90 wrote:

Could you quote the part of the ToU that states that discussing moderation is not allowed? I may have missed it.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Not that this matters, but back when I was a volunteer mod I asked for comments like 'you're retarded' or 'this is retarded' to be removed from posts, just like saying 'this is gay'. You can go on about being PC or whatever you like, but in all honesty those are both examples of juvenile utterances that are just asinine.

On topic - there is no free speech on privately owned forums, so the mods can remove whatever they want.

*edit*

There is nothing 'adult' about cursing or acting like an idiot. Cursing and acting like an idiot are allowed in films that receive a rating such that only adults can view them, but that doesn't mean those participating in the behavior or cursing are acting like adults.

*edit2*

Those saying that GGG is actively trying to silence those who find fault with PoE must not read these forums much at all. If it weren't for people complaining, we'd have very few posts at all.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
Last edited by Wittgenstein on Jan 24, 2014, 12:40:56 AM
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
Not that this matters, but back when I was a volunteer mod I asked for comments like 'you're retarded' or 'this is retarded' to be removed from posts, just like saying 'this is gay'. You can go on about being PC or whatever you like, but in all honesty those are both examples of juvenile utterances that are just asinine.

On topic - there is no free speech on privately owned forums, so the mods can remove whatever they want.

*edit*

There is nothing 'adult' about cursing or acting like an idiot. Cursing and acting like an idiot are allowed in films that receive a rating such that only adults can view them, but that doesn't mean those participating in the behavior or cursing are acting like adults.

*edit2*

Those saying that GGG is actively trying to silence those who find fault with PoE must not read these forums much at all. If it weren't for people complaining, we'd have very few posts at all.

You must not be very vocal about PoEs faults :)
Completely fair.

Those of us that are, regardless of how constructive we are, get shut up in a hurry.
Main IGN: TopCat

IGN2: PrincessGuinevere
IGN3: Indiana_Jones
Last edited by missmisiowa on Jan 24, 2014, 1:06:24 AM
"
Bukariin wrote:
P.sure if you have a problem with modding you can contact the mods with any questions, airing it out here isn't going to help anything.

Also, a lot of people dislike "retarded" being used in a negative context. I don't necessarily agree with such moderation but I understand it.

Yup. Discuss all you want but it doesn't matter. Selective moderation & over-moderation is completely unavoidable at this stage of the game.

But I disagree with sending an email to support. It's a waste of time and emotion to even get your hopes up that you can 'make a difference'. If you don't like the forums just don't post.
PoE mods strict? lol

This has to be the most lightly moderated gaming forum on the internet.
As long as you you don't post "overly offensive" words(mildly offensive seem fine) and don't send death threats you are pretty much free to post whatever random stupidity you have on your mind.

There are currently 7 troll threads in this subforum alone, consisting of a nonsense op followed by 5+ pages of troll feeding.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info