Are mods being overly strict now?

I've had my posts deleted several times without any questionable words being used. I rarely comment unless it's to offer a suggestion or speak my mind. The mods are very much overly strict but then nothing has really come of it so I don't know what to tell you. Does it really hurt anything having it deleted?
I've had posts deleted for use of the word "sandwich".
Many lewt.
Much desync.
Such rewarding.
Wow.
According to forum mods "sandwich" is considered an offensive word. Who knew?
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Bukariin wrote:
I mean, do you not understand "retarded" being a little off-color?

Or are you defending the use of the word as being completely non-offensive?

I don't think it should be looked at any worse than if I had said "That would be stupid".

Isn't this forum for adults?

You are right, both cases are equally bad. Why are you belittling the arguments of other people through insults? That belittling can be considered a hateful act and would thus be against the rules.

Spoiler
I hope more and more of you people get annoyed and start understanding why true freedom of speech is so beautiful. If someone else says something you disagree with, you have the right to simply ignore the person or counter their statements.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Great, political correctness is infecting another one of my favorite things now.

Not even gonna try and open up this can of worms, but really, its just a word. Over the internet. By some random prick, who probably is trying to get a rise outta you in the first place (and by the looks of all these replies, they'd probably succeed)

If its honestly that big of a deal, maybe its time to grow a little more skin.

/braces for impact

"
iamstryker wrote:
"
TyrantKeel wrote:

OP, you're quite a part of the problem here. Go ahead and defend your posts if you want to, but you would be better off seeing what people are talking about than trying to argue your way around it.

I see what people are talking about here. I just don't agree. Does it bother you that much that I don't agree?

"
TyrantKeel wrote:
You really can express yourself without meaningless hyperbole and calling people stupid or retarded because they do things that you don't understand. .

Its important to this thread to recognize that I wasn't using the word like that. There was no hyperbole or reference to another player specifically.

No, I will not be indulging your desire to go back and forth while you contort logic in a way that justifies your attitude. If you want to continue to disagree, go right ahead, but it's been stated clearly enough by more than just me, that you would already understand if you had any desire to do so.

You are free to remain confused and uncertain about how civil discussion actually works, but you cannot say that no one has tried to explain it to you.
Last edited by TyrantKeel on January 24, 2014 2:46 AM
"
Great, political correctness is infecting another one of my favorite things now.

What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
"
TyrantKeel wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
TyrantKeel wrote:

OP, you're quite a part of the problem here. Go ahead and defend your posts if you want to, but you would be better off seeing what people are talking about than trying to argue your way around it.

I see what people are talking about here. I just don't agree. Does it bother you that much that I don't agree?

"
TyrantKeel wrote:
You really can express yourself without meaningless hyperbole and calling people stupid or retarded because they do things that you don't understand. .

Its important to this thread to recognize that I wasn't using the word like that. There was no hyperbole or reference to another player specifically.

No, I will not be indulging your desire to go back and forth while you contort logic in a way that justifies your attitude. If you want to continue to disagree, go right ahead, but it's been stated clearly enough by more than just me, that you would already understand if you had any desire to do so.

You are free to remain confused and uncertain about how civil discussion actually works, but you cannot say that no one has tried to explain it to you.

Whatever bro. You seem mad that I don't agree with you.

I've replied to those counter arguments. If you don't like my responses then yay we get to agree to disagree. Move along if you don't like my thread.

In the future please quote me where I have supposedly "contorted logic". Seems unfair to just make an accusation like that.
iamstryker- 83 Witch--------------IamDeadly- 78 Shadow
IamFoeHammer- 83 Templar-----IamScorned- 86 Witch
IAMFIREWALKER- 80 Witch-------TheOneScorned 75 Scion
IAMJuggernaut- 77 Duelist-------IamARCangel 62 witch
IamSPARTACUSx- 90 Mara--------IamEntropy 85 Duelist
Last edited by iamstryker on January 24, 2014 2:51 AM
"
TyrantKeel wrote:
civil

The adjective "civil" is subjective. To be more specific, "respectful" is considered to a be a synonym. If you want to be respectful towards me, you better state your true opinion without any sugarcoating: if that means that you call me a bunch of different profanities, then so be it and I would actually consider the honesty to be true respectfulness.

This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on January 24, 2014 2:52 AM
It's their playground. Their rules. Nothing that anyone here thinks or says makes any difference at all in that regard. They could shut this forum down entirely and we'd just go on with life.

Are they being too strict? Not at all. This is one of the more permissive gaming forums I've participated in.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
It's their playground. Their rules. Nothing that anyone here thinks or says makes any difference at all in that regard. They could shut this forum down entirely and we'd just go on with life.

Are they being too strict? Not at all. This is one of the more permissive gaming forums I've participated in.

In the last months it became one of the most [deleted by admin] forum i ever saw in my entire gaming life that is 15+ years now.
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info