Are mods being overly strict now?

If using the word "retarded" is a grown-up thing to do, I wonder what I am. I mean, if a grown-up person can't find better alternatives than "retarded" to describe an exploit or a mechanic, he or she should refresh their vocabulary. ASAP!
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
This thread is rife with people who have been censured for belligerence who have also completely missed the point of it.

I promise, I absolutely promise you that the mods do not mind respectful criticism and they absolutely will tolerate negative feedback. The crux of the issue behind this entire thread is that the people who find themselves on the wrong end of the ban hammer do not understand and refuse to accept that they have been adopting a repugnant attitude in their posts that nobody in their right mind would want to deal with.

I won't say that no moderator has ever been overzealous here, but it is very easy to see that is not the real issue behind all of this confused indignation.

Don't ever defend your right to call people, places or things retarded in a web forum. Just don't. If you do you have already missed the point. If you feel the need to get someone to explain why you shouldn't do that, or to explain why you think it's okay, we're already past the point where spelling it out for you is worth anyone's time, because this is painfully, agonizingly, axiomatically obvious.

I'm not mad at you at all OP, or at anyone else who can't understand why people would take issue with juvenile behavior, but I have to facepalm a bit at just how daft a lot of the people in this thread seem to be, when they try to act like the attitudes plainly on display in their post history represent the sort of discussions anyone would want going in the forum. At the same time, please don't hold it against me if I do not wish to explain to you the basics of fruitful discussion between adults. That would not be fun.
Last edited by Crocodarrel on Jan 24, 2014, 4:00:12 AM
Zero tolerance was poorly worded.

Would you at least agree that they bury any shred of criticism in a dead subforum?
If they have taken the time to move a thread they should have taken the time to read it.

We both know I can be a total asshole, deserve every probation or punishment ive been given.
With that being said, very rarely, I post something completely constructive and it disappears at the same rate my other posts do.

I have WAY more fun being a giant bag of dicks on the forum - if both approaches lead to the same outcome, why not have a little fun?

Edit: Forums are designed in a way that nothing truly constructive can come from either the players or the devs.
"just for try, for see and for know"
Last edited by jdilly23 on Jan 24, 2014, 2:59:45 AM
"
boof wrote:
Yes, [Removed by Admin]
Treating the posting population like children only breeds resentment and even more hostility.
They really don't know what they're doing.

Yup, exactly this.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
I think mods are being overtly strict now, whereas in Beta they were more covert in their strictness. :-P

Oh I agree 100% with TyrantKeel's post. Too bad it will bring out the QQ_Brigade out in full force who will then tellingly protest their right to make a fool of themselves in game forums!

TyrantKeel, you have been warned - prepare yourself for a deluge of some major misdirected angst ! :-P
Last edited by MildlyClever on Jan 24, 2014, 3:16:21 AM
"
"
This thread is rife with people who have been censured for belligerence who have also completely missed the point of it.

I promise, I absolutely promise you that the mods do not mind respectful criticism and they absolutely will tolerate negative feedback. The crux of the issue behind this entire thread is that the people who find themselves on the wrong end of the ban hammer do not understand and refuse to accept that they are have been adopting a repugnant attitude in their posts that nobody in their right mind would want to deal with.

I won't say that no moderator has never been overzealous here, but it is very easy to see that is not the real issue behind all of this confused indignation.

Don't ever defend your right to call people, places or things retarded in a web forum. Just don't. If you do you have already missed the point. If you feel the need to get someone to explain why you shouldn't do that, or to explain why you think it's okay, we're already past the point where spelling it out for you is worth anyone's time, because this is painfully, agonizing, axiomatically obvious.

I'm not mad at you at all OP, or at anyone who else can't understand why people would take issue with juvenile behavior, but I have to facepalm a bit at just how daft a lot of the people in this thread seem to be, when they try to act like the attitudes plainly on display in their post history represent the sort of discussions anyone would want going in the forum. At the same time, please don't hold it against me if I do not wish to explain to you the basics of fruitful discussion between adults. That would not be fun.

The thread should be closed now, because from this post on, it can only get worse.

Indeed.
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I don't get this... you can say what ever you want on this forum so long as it's not hateful to others, or outright profanity. I can say "what the fuck" and no one bats an eye. I just can't go around calling people idiots or saying that GGG is run by a bunch of morons.... which I don't believe is true, but people say stuff like it and get edited.

Keep it respectful and you can voice what ever opinion you want.
I got probated because i argued with a mod that his definition of "Suggestion" was wrong and i showed it with dictionary definitions.

Seriousely?
..WOW
Edit: Probably just a new support person who read "New Forum Policy: No Hateful Posts" and though all forum users are horrible persons.
http://wideo.co/view/449781379368063514-inexs-journey-for-the-8-stars (Music: Odd Look)
I am the guy behind price check forums yay: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/387787 (i think.)
"Seriously, its a loot game, make the loot DROP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers"_TugBot_
Last edited by INEXFadeXFHONOR on Jan 24, 2014, 4:41:18 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:
Adults shouldn't be calling things retarded imo.

Choosing your own vocabulary is part of being an adult.
"
glh5 wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
Adults shouldn't be calling things retarded imo.

Choosing your own vocabulary is part of being an adult.

You cant possibly consider yourself an adult if youre going to argue that.
"just for try, for see and for know"
This is soo reminding me about the "jeweler orbs" called "jews" fiasco when ggg banned the latter term only because the jewish community was offended.

Now they ban the word "retarded" only because the mentally handicapped/disabled community feels offended.

And also about french authorities completely removing the words "mother" and "father" and replacing them both with the word "parent" just because the gay community was offended.

It is so sad that this is happening, more and more (normal) words are banned just because the ever growing number of "communities" are feeling "offended".

Police state. Sad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info