Mace/Shield LS Templar with Video and writeup(Written for New Players)

/remove post
Last edited by farkost on Feb 2, 2013, 1:04:46 PM
"
Xierg wrote:
Great guide OP, i notice that you're playing Default. Would this work in HC?

HC or go home!

I'm playing it right now on HC lvl 24 and still going strong!
I have been near death only once, but that was because I went to a area were the mobs was higher lvl than me :P

You just have to take it slow and steady, no bum rushes :D
I am 43 A2 cruel and switched from wand (spark) to this build and getting absolutely destroyed.

there are mobs that i can kill fine, but others where i just die because I am not able to tank long enough. even kiting is hard.

now, i have no possibilities to change my build again because of lack of respec points.

anyone an advice? otherwise im stuck ......
"
danteafk wrote:
I am 43 A2 cruel and switched from wand (spark) to this build and getting absolutely destroyed.

there are mobs that i can kill fine, but others where i just die because I am not able to tank long enough. even kiting is hard.

now, i have no possibilities to change my build again because of lack of respec points.

anyone an advice? otherwise im stuck ......

I would say that it's probably just a matter of your gear. Get more gear with armor, health, and resists. It'd be helpful to post your stats and the skill tree. Kinda difficult to say what you need to change without information.
I guess i need more items with armor...where to farm? back to A1 ?

"
danteafk wrote:
I guess i need more items with armor...where to farm? back to A1 ?

More armor!!! I have 1500 or 1600 right now at 42, can't remember exactly how much.

MORE RESIST!!! Cold and lightning. Christ. You'd be like one shot by cold dmg mobs. I have 80 cold, 60 fire, 60 lightning right now.

Better weapon.

Don't be afraid to use the trade channel. It's quite easy to start trading once you get the hang of it. Most mid-tier items can be traded for 1 alch orb or less.
Healthygamer I came up with this build on your Youtube Video. You said it could not load. Could you give it a go here maybe and tell me if its viable with LS or too defensive?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswUtDjwOrRRNFHEYsBjbGjghYCNNJ08n1Si1KaUyCTKJOlJANkCgQapDY0OcRHJEgVWpVgRX4lj1WfNdAGBLYIhhUmaecU1yqXTtdPF35XrvfNmExIZgkFWXtJrPncSeuZ_LogCnMKeErKqsurT5tzHAGsRY37_sOO9O8B_xivcy97746w==

would be greatly appreciated
well, easy said.

i`d rather want to play the game and find my own loot than hanging around all day in trade channel and wait for someone to post items that i actually need.

meh, this sucks.
"
Velr wrote:
If i'm not mistaken sword is not that nice because:
1. The Swordbonus is +Accuracy while Mace grant +Elemental --> Lightning Strike and Tempest Shield are Elemental.

2. You can get the passive for 100% Accuracy/No Crits really easy as Templar whcih makes the Accuracy bonus swords grant not that interesting.
2.1 This passive is also right next to a big ass Mace cluster and close to 2 of the best Shield clusters.
2.2 This same Node is close to the Marauder starting Area which has tons of HP/Reg.

3. Maces are cool!

Can see many mace nodes next to RT, but none of them grands +elemental dmg. Just the galvanic hammer, but this one is way up high from RT. Which one do you mean buddy?
Last edited by DJSRP on Jan 29, 2013, 12:23:19 PM
"
DJSRP wrote:
Healthygamer I came up with this build on your Youtube Video. You said it could not load. Could you give it a go here maybe and tell me if its viable with LS or too defensive?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswUtDjwOrRRNFHEYsBjbGjghYCNNJ08n1Si1KaUyCTKJOlJANkCgQapDY0OcRHJEgVWpVgRX4lj1WfNdAGBLYIhhUmaecU1yqXTtdPF35XrvfNmExIZgkFWXtJrPncSeuZ_LogCnMKeErKqsurT5tzHAGsRY37_sOO9O8B_xivcy97746w==

would be greatly appreciated

That's interesting but I'd be afraid of spreading your points too thin. You really are going quite a bit down and to the right, I don't know if for example taking Iron Reflexes is worth it because your armors going to be mostly Armor/ES armor, you shouldn't have much evasion at all if geared right so that won't be that useful.

With blood magic you need to take all the health nodes over by the marauder tree. That's what I see right now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info