Achievement Design

Do you even lift bro? - lv 70 build with under 50 str
agree with one of the earlier posts

Exalted - Pick up an exalted orb (Player-dropped ones don't count)
The chances of this post being seen by anyone influential probably isn't very good, but I've read the news post and I have a few ideas for achievements that in my opinion fit with what GGG is trying to go for.

-Variety is the spice of life: Kill a certain amount of different enemy species in one move/attack. 3 would be easy, and 4 wouldn't be bad. 5 or 6 would be difficult but doable on certain maps.

-An achievement based on movement speed; reach a certain percentage of boost to your movement speed. This achievement would require a combination of boots, haste, flasks, or what have you, to accumulate enough of a bonus. Say 100% or something. A name could be terminal velocity.

Some minor ideas:
-Payback: kill a necromancer with his own minion, by raising a zombie or corpse explosion.
-There is an achievement for beating Dominus with each class, but there isn't one for beating Dominus with all of the classes. It might seem a bit redundant, but it would be a nice little badge for experienced players.
-An achievement for making a trade with another player. This one fits in with encouraging people to try different aspects of the game, like the recently added one where you get an achievement for joining a public party.
-I also think achievements could be added for level milestones in hardcore with lesser requirements (reach level 50 in a hardcore league), as this would entice more people to try playing hardcore if they think they could reasonably reach those goals. Basically achievements for hardcore league play that seem more attainable to beginner players.

I would be happy just to see ideas like these taken into consideration or modified and built upon.
Last edited by Stiglitz_ on Jan 30, 2014, 11:22:21 PM

Achievement: kill 1 monster as a Witch in a "No Projectile" race.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info