Achievement Design

(click here to get part 1 of my ideas)

Part 2 of my PvP themed ideas:

Last Man Standing
Be the last player alive in your team in a 3v3 PvP match and win.

I am the Champion
Win a duel against a player without giving any point to your enemy.

Duel Winner
Win a duel against a player equal or higher to your level.
Founder of Path of Exile Turk - Path of Exile Turkish Fan Site
Path of Exile Türk Kurucusu - Path of Exile Türkçe Fan Sitesi
www.poeturk.com - forum.poeturk.com
Last edited by Lightwarden on Jan 22, 2014, 4:50:42 PM
"
HegemonyTV wrote:
win a pvp match against aux

I was able to win a single round the rest was a blur
"
KikitheKing wrote:
Filter in trade chat.

For example:
I'm looking for kaom's primacy, so i enter "kaom" and only players linking or writing something with kaom inside there messages will be displayed to me.

Trade channel will more useful, spam will be gone, more visibility for playing.

This implementation will be on client side so no more data to be calculate by server. Server will continue to send all the Channel to the client, client will filter informations.

Édit: oops your are talking about achievement ideas, not features. My bad, i'm not fully awake.

Great idea!
"
"
CanHasPants wrote:
Dream Come True is pure gold, Stay a While is classic, and I like the idea of arbitrarily tossing away good items solely for an achievement.

Keep them coming, godsmackfan.

Thanks. I heard in Diablo median xL you could destroy valuable items for not benefit, so I thought why not in POE too. Here's a few more for you.

1. Knockback an enemy x yards (Don't come a knockin)
2. Fill a stash tab full of gems (Precioussss)
3. Full clear a map completely zoomed in (Lookin good)
4. Dance with Lady Mervail (Dirty Dancin)
5. Knockback an enemy while unarmed (Falcon Punch!)
6. Pick up an item that a party member did not have room for (Temporarily Permanent)
7. Have three trigger gems go off at once (Don't push my buttons)
8. Run through a zone with no items equipped (No Beast of Burden)
9. Defeat Dominus without chest armor (Boycotting pants)
10. Find a mystery frog pet (The Lucky One)

These are all funny but I doubt they will force ppl to purchase micro transactions to complete a challenge it's not pay to win.
How about a choice if we want achievements at all? I might want them in a 4 month league but not in standard. Please give us a choice in the form of a setting in the UI.
"
I like this one for hardcore:

And the Crowd Goes Wild - be online when someone from the top 10 in hardcore ladder dies.

Would probably need to start a few days into a new league just to be fair.

It would probably be better if you said "die in the top 10" then you gain that achievement but then that would be impossible for noobs.....or maybe it is possible in races if you die as fast as you can.
Well....

I want my Easter Egg!
Attempt to use the Mirror of Kalandra on Atziri's Mirror.

Magic dynamite
Kill Captain Arteri with an Alira's Martyr spectre.

The other way
Open the Emperor Road using the seal in Act 1.

Lumberjack, pest control, and gardner all in one.
Using the same character, fell Oak with an axe, catch Kraityn with a bear trap, and pluck Alira with ethereal knives (there's no shears in the game...). Return to Eramir for the achievement and your well deserved skill-point.
If you do cosmetic rewards, consider unlocking the shadow at all starting locations.

Not the brightest of the bunch
Reach -100% light radius without being blinded or at low health.

If you're not going to use it..
Identify a weapon dropped from a rare monster, using a wisdom scroll that is also dropped by said monster, then kill a monster with said item.

Etu, Kole?
Make Kole (accidentally?) kill his experimenters.

Because MONKEYS!
Lead a troop of 99 monkeys.

Irresistible
Find a way to eat Chitus' plum, or drink the Decanter Spiritus in non-hardcore leagues.

Why stop at two?
Animate 8 weapons, while dual-wielding.

Iron-maiden delivery service
Hit a mob with 6 different swords, daggers or claws within 1 second.

Pah. My knives are REAL.
Kill an ethereal knives unique while possessing 10 daggers, either animated or in your hands.

Infinite Loop!
Reflect all possible curses caused by a Hexfont rare.

...NOT.
Kill a Hex-font rare while it is silenced. (Depending on if Silence temporarily stops it from using Hexfont.)

You racist bastard, I'm going to kill you!
Using a Marauder, smack Dominus in the face with a maximum distance shield charge within 1 second of him coming down from his platform.
"
Summoner wrote:
The ones I really dislike are those that require either spending a huge pile of regrets or creating a specific build to achieve like Ancestral Power, No Stone Unturned, Overcharged, Zombie Hoard. No stone Unturned is probably the worst of them IMO; are there even any normal builds that would let you get it?

"No Stone Unturned" is the environmental lore achievement. I've completed it with a Shadow in Domination. It's not difficult so much as extremely time consuming. The problem is some of the environmental lore requires returning to certain areas again, again and again. It has nothing to do with build so much as persistence.

I think "All Ears" is much worse, what with requiring one character to hear all the NPC dialogue, and that dialogue being dependent up on certain quest states. Personally, I think the "with one character requirement" should be dropped.

"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
"
Borow wrote:
"
Zaqwert wrote:
The All Ears achievement is basically impossible for most people.

It should be to listen to all the NPC dialog period, not just on one character.

+1

+1
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
I think clearing maps with certain mods could be potentially interesting. Thinking about things like..

Turbo/Damage Boss + Double Boss(killing both for the achievement)
Enfeeble + Monster health(Full clear/leave less then 10 mobs)
Turbo map + Temp chains(Full clear/leave less then 10 mobs)
More Projectiles + Projectiles chain(Full clear/leave less then 10 mobs)
No regen + Chaos damage over time(Full clear/leave less then 10 mobs)
Physical reflect + Magic reflect(Full clear/leave less then 10 mobs)

And even stuff like..
Lightning ground + Monsters deal x lig damage(same with burning/monster fire and the cold variant)
Monster pack + magic mobs + rare mobs
Undead + hexproof

Well, just to name a few. These aren't terribly hard for the seasoned player, but could be rather hard for the new player, turning it into a real challenge. In the end, these are achievements you get while playing the game. Some are harder to get then others, and you can actually 'hunt' for maps to get one of the harder ones(pub party etc).

You could mob all these up into one big achievement, or give each one it's unique medal.

Ah names? Well, I'm sure you guys are creative enough right?
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info