[1.0.5] Tell your neighbors, Searing bond is viable! (HC viable)

Another question:

Why do you guys bypass the "totem damage" nodes in your passive trees?
"
Nromeo wrote:
How does this build do (theoretically or otherwise) at 80+?

It still works in level 70+ maps (highest I have done so far is level 75), however, since there is no way to increase your totem's survivability in a reasonable way it becomes a lot harder. You have to re-summon them constantly and even then there are groups that kill the totems before they activate the beam.
That said, I doubt that the OP's build works very well in higher level maps. You need some sort of mana management to constantly keep your totems up (EB, BM or gear) and faster casting is extremely important, too. I wouldn't skip the Ironwood cluster and the 21% faster casting in there, for example.
Well said Kruemel2222:

I agree, keeping and/or getting SB up and running is more difficult each level we advance.

I'm in Merceless Act 2: So far everything is still very easy, even though 10% of the time my Remote Mine/SB is destroyed before I can get it in play.

My current dps at lvl 56 is 7,956.

I have adjusted my build to try and address many of the concerns I know will be there when I start doing +70 maps. My projected build at lvl 83 - 103 pts placed.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbEMwSaRRNFxwZhRo4GmwfAiSqKPopTyoTK7YspzGeNZI2xTbYNuk62EGHRZ1G10rITdhN41nzWitdxm6qcXl6qoFvgseHZYgbiPGLjIxGjHaQVZrgnC2drp48ogCj8qZXpwinhKxZtQS18rc-uJPAGsau2CTa3eFz42rkIudj6-7sOOxV7SDvhfAf-JP56P4K_o8EB0yzLR9tGcHzoqN_xiepWm0kPKdcSVHsGLTRdoLIDKyqcqn3MvjrSsRY5faupqz-h3hp

At level 62 I will add my chest piece and it should add a nice chunk to my dps.

Still curious if a 5 link (SB/Enhance/Reduced Duration/Increased Burn Damage/Remote Mine (RRRBG) is as viable as the 4 link chest piece above without Reduced Duration. The 5 link will make remote mine pop almost immediately but....?

At lvl 69 or 70 I should reach the Entropy node which will add another 45% dps to SB.

I have completed some of the math and I believe my dps should be roughly double what it is now 7.9 x 2 = 16K minimum once I reach Entropy. At level 56 I received 700 added dps with just SB leveling. That does not include the additional dps I receive when: Increased Burn Damage & Remote mine level each time. Also the dps add from Enhance as well as adding +1 to fire gems with the chest piece will also increase the dps.

So if/when the placement of Remote mine can be strengthened a bunch, this build will be very viable imo.

My current gear: (Max resists in merceless at this point)

** So far, I am not a big fan of the belt mentioned in an earlier post by someone, but I am wearing it.

My play to this point:

* White mobs die without thinking
* Magic mobs sometimes take two beam passes to kill.
* Rare mobs vary from two beam passes to four passes.
* Unique bosses require flamability - fire traps & leap slamming around the room with SB a few times.

Krumel: I am curious what skills you are using and how the Ironwood cluster helps you over other choices. I have it in my build it took me 7 passives to add those nodes to my build.

Spell Totum with ???? or are you even using spell totum or maybe another type?
Grace or determination or what
Fire trap?
Leap Slam or Warp?

My "maybe" skill choices:

SB/Increased Burning Damage/Remote Mine/Enhance
CWDT/???/???/???
Leap Slam/Attack Speed/Knockback/Molten Shell
Grace/Discipline or Determination/Reduced Mana/Flamability
Fire Trap/Multiple Traps/Fire Penetration/???

Yep I for the most part use Remote Mine only.... so far.

I have many different gems already leveled from other characters and at this point any gem changes should be very easy to make this build better.

I am also very surprised by the lack of interest in this build - it's very cheap to build and I believe it has tremendous potential to be viable in end game maps if somehow the Remote Mine/SB can be protected better.

Costs so far:

Searing touch = 8c
Sunblast Belt = 4c
Hrimnor's Helm = 4c
Infernal Mantel = Found -- but 2c - 4c on www.poexyz.com

Leveling from 1-24 was annoying then was able to start using SB, then at 31 remote mine and from 24 until now at 56 has been cake.

Regarding gear & gems the most annoying is leveling the Enhance gem to level #1 (226 million) - what a slow process. I'm thinking of putting it on my lvl 82 char for a few map runs to expedite the process.

Good Hunting

Ishkabibble

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

USMC - Vietnam 1967 - 1968 - 1969
Last edited by Ishkabibble on Jan 30, 2014, 7:41:37 PM
I just realized...

You guys are playing softcore aren't you?

I'm in hardcore : )

So I can't afford to be so damage-focused.

I kept looking at the price for that sunbelt...and it's 10c...and I kept asking for it for 4c. HA!

Anyway...I'm trying to figure out how to balance offense/defense...and this build is so good with it already.
@Nromeo:

I am playing nemesis. :)

@Ishkabibble:

This is my build:

This is my gear:

IIR can be replaced with Empower. I am farming Dominus at the moment and don't need any extra damage.

Spoiler

All the other items are just life and resists. As far as skills are concerned I have an arc spell totem to trigger EE (which is really important), Flammability and a CWDT that casts Enduring Cry. Also, Leap Slam to move faster.

I decided not to use Remote Mine/Trap because the conditional placement is super annoying. Reducing enemy fire resistance is way more important than high DPS anyways. That said, I feel that EE is mandatory because fire resistance and curse immune mobs take forever to be killed otherwise. I am still trying to get some extra resistances/life to use Doedre's Damning and Enfeeble.
Fire Trap seems to be really underwhelming so far, maybe it becomes better later.

BM. I use it because it solves all my mana problems with a single passive point. The drawback is that I can't use any auras. Not to happy about this but it works. I am using Lightning Coil, have ~50% block chance, 5.2k life and 77% allres so I can get away without defensive auras.
"
kruemel2222 wrote:
@Nromeo:

I am playing nemesis. :)

@Ishkabibble:

This is my build:

This is my gear:

IIR can be replaced with Empower. I am farming Dominus at the moment and don't need any extra damage.

Spoiler

All the other items are just life and resists. As far as skills are concerned I have an arc spell totem to trigger EE (which is really important), Flammability and a CWDT that casts Enduring Cry. Also, Leap Slam to move faster.

I decided not to use Remote Mine/Trap because the conditional placement is super annoying. Reducing enemy fire resistance is way more important than high DPS anyways. That said, I feel that EE is mandatory because fire resistance and curse immune mobs take forever to be killed otherwise. I am still trying to get some extra resistances/life to use Doedre's Damning and Enfeeble.
Fire Trap seems to be really underwhelming so far, maybe it becomes better later.

BM. I use it because it solves all my mana problems with a single passive point. The drawback is that I can't use any auras. Not to happy about this but it works. I am using Lightning Coil, have ~50% block chance, 5.2k life and 77% allres so I can get away without defensive auras.

Wow I totally agree with your points.

I hate remote mine as well and have gotten rid of it.

Can you link other gear you're using?

Your post has been incredibly helpful.
Also, kruemel2222, what's your in game name?

Mine is "OrderJetsPizzaToday".

I'd love to ask you a few questions. I'm generally very new to this game.

Thanks
Nromeo, the rest of my gear is in the second spoiler of the other post. If you have any questions feel free to post them here if they are on topic or send me a forum pm :)
"
kruemel2222 wrote:
Nromeo, the rest of my gear is in the second spoiler of the other post. If you have any questions feel free to post them here if they are on topic or send me a forum pm :)

My build was created and tested in nemesis also. What you did looks pretty interesting, how is it on the dps side? And I totally understand dropping remote mine, its a pain in the ass lol. But the lack of aura seems annoying.

I didnt have any major mana problem while running the build, maybe if you are always recasting it can get a bit tedious, but i could run clarity+determination with the reserved mana nodes and be pretty well off.
Last edited by Elowz on Feb 1, 2014, 2:24:26 AM
4k hp on nemesis seems low, and without leeching and low block / armor it would have died sooner than later, even without desync.

The damage is really nice! The base dmg and dot buff really shaped it up! But, without fire pen applying to it, one would have to reroll fire res maps, curse immune maps etc. Tedious
Last edited by rhoasjustkilledmybaby on Feb 1, 2014, 3:10:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info