[1.0.5] Tell your neighbors, Searing bond is viable! (HC viable)

"
Sk8Sanctified wrote:
THIS BUILD IS SOO AWESOME!!! Was already starting to spec into fire and elm damage. Around lvl 30ish, thought my character was done because I had a wand type focus (not spec'd into though, was thinking bout it) for the spelldamage, using decoy totem, firestorm, fireball, denote dead, and such. Which was alright unless the mobs had elm resist fire resist. Some fights on rares would be endless and sketchy. Now that I'm using searing bond I could use spirit shield with 1 handed mace to glacial hammer, freeze mobs up close and cold snap for ones afar, then cast searing bond on them and pwn. I still use the same method in a way, however the decoy totem is switched with searing bond which goes out first then I just pepper them with firestorm occasionally or put a fireball or arc out to finish off the stragglers.

Without this guide I would have ignored searing bond altogether, now that the knowledge of searing bond is around the mobs cannot be found ;)

Glad you are enjoying searing bond, its a pretty awsome skil especialy since it got buffed.
"
Sk8Sanctified wrote:
THIS BUILD IS SOO AWESOME!!! Was already starting to spec into fire and elm damage. Around lvl 30ish, thought my character was done because I had a wand type focus (not spec'd into though, was thinking bout it) for the spelldamage, using decoy totem, firestorm, fireball, denote dead, and such. Which was alright unless the mobs had elm resist fire resist. Some fights on rares would be endless and sketchy. Now that I'm using searing bond, just frost nova mobs up close and cold snap for ones afar, searing bond on them and pwn. I still use the same method in a way, however the decoy totem is switched with searing bond which goes out first then I just pepper them with firestorm occasionally or put a fireball or arc out to finish off the stragglers.

Without this guide I would have ignored searing bond altogether, now that the knowledge of searing bond is around the mobs cannot be found ;)
Not sure why that got posted again.... uhh??
"
Elowz wrote:
"
Lionguild wrote:
I fail to see how shock nova wouldn't work well with EE. Everything would only get hit once (during the negative resist) and only 3 out of the group would need to be shocked to x3 shock everything in the aoe.

I can see how this might be a hindrance to Arc, but shock nova? Quality shock nova with the static blows cluster is 50% chance to shock. You should only need to throw the trap once per group.

Well if it does work like you say, it'd be great. I can't say I've even ever used shock nova, and i was unaware that you could apply 3x shock with elemental proliferation like that. I'm more of a cold kinda guy :P, so shocks stacks arn't my forte. But an extra setup like that would also mean more links which are kinda already all used, so would've to switch fire trap for it or something. Everything almost burns instantly still without the shock stacks though.

What about lightning trap, multiple traps and EE plus Static Blows?
I am doing that right now but I only started Merciless so no idea if that is still ok in later levels.

Anyway, thanks for the great guide, never had so much fun levelling a new char. :)
Hi, just want to ask a question(maybe a stupid one sorry i'm still learning), do u face any problems with reflect maps?
"
Yit wrote:
Hi, just want to ask a question(maybe a stupid one sorry i'm still learning), do u face any problems with reflect maps?

You shouldn't have any real problem with reflect maps as you don't take damage yourself from reflect sincce you're totems are the one attacking.
I'm running that build now.
Using only these dmg items atm and 6.2k dps at level 52.
Last edited by PoweredGiraffe on Jan 27, 2014, 8:06:27 AM
I have been enjoying leveling this build thus far, lvl 50 currently.

I have yet to use any buffs, curses or whatever, mainly because they are not needed as yet.

For me, the true test will begin in +70 maps, if this build can succeed there we will have a build worthy of high praise.

My current gear is just thrown together from my stash:

** 5,473.6 dps thus far

I am constantly on the lookout for gear with +% added fire damage, I found these in my stash, I will be selling the 3 socket chest piece and wearing the other: ign-> Da-Beamer

At level 55 the helm should add 1k and at 62 when the chest piece can be worn, that piece should add roughly 2k to my SB damage. So imo damage will not be an issue, but my resists, which need help already and my overall defense needs work as well as my having the ability to get away alive becomes very high on my list of things to address over the next 40 levels.

I am still undecided regarding - Armour - Evasion or Energy Shield, maybe some kind of combination of each. Way too early to decide.

With the progression thus far, my Enhance gem should reach level #1 around June or July in "2017". (226 million to reach level #1 - wow) I have that gem in my gloves because when used it adds to the mana cost of SB - thus I wait for a time.

My current place in the build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbEMwSaRRNFxwaOBpsKPopTyoTLKc2xTrYQYdFnUbXTdhZ81orXcZxeXqqgW-Cx4uMjHaQVZrgna6ePKIAo_KnCKeEtQS3PriTwBrGrtgk2t3hc-Qi52Pr7uw47SDwH_no_go=

When placing points, sometimes a build allows you to get into the doorway to a number of great passives at the same time, I am currently at one of those points in this build, I am knocking at three doors where each passive node I take I receive a nice "boost" to my char. (fire damage - health increase & totum damage & buffs).

As things develop over the next 20 levels, I will be checking back to see how others are progressing and maybe others will post some items they have come up with as well.

Issues to Discuss:

Skill #1 = SB (links are fairly obvious)
Note: This is a great skill

Additional Skills:

*** Leap Slam w/fast attack & ?/? no brainer here unless you enjoy light warp
*** ??? Fire Trap - not sure -- your thoughts?
*** ??? Totum -- which one and why?
*** ??? CWDT - ok but still not convinced - will address in 4 levels.
*** ??? Grace - Determination - what??

Really could use some discussion and feedback regarding any/all above. I am currently set up to use shock nova but I must admit just dropping two SB/Remote Mines works very well and the triangle beam effect you get has some benefits you don't get using a spell totum.

My thinking thus far:

** I have been looking at 26 nodes I may change.

* 16 of them are going after Hex Mode & Whisper of Doom, I'm thinking of stopping after taking Purity of Flesh. "The additional 38% mine damage is very nice" and I may only go there and avoid the nodes above, just not sure yet.

* 5 of them are going after Soverignty. The 16% reduced mana is sweet, but I play solo and the aura radius for me is a waste. Maybe i can find some reduced mana closer to something that will help in other ways.

* 4 of them are after Sentinal. Imo the totum duration and range are a waste, the life is good though.

* 1 of them is Elemental Equilibrium. Just can't seem to get my head around this node and how it helps end game.

So with 26 pts to think on placing, the options are enormous but imo can only be decided once I decide what my defense will be.

Some possibilities to choose:

** 7 nodes = %Fire increase nodes @ Templar and Elementalist, Secrets of the Order and 10% reduced mana nodes.

** 8 nodes = Avatar of Fire & Body & Soul

** 1 node = 8% Totum damage node in Ancestral Bond circle not taken by OP.

** Maybe even take a run towards Clever Construction - very sweet node.

There are a ton of options which imo make this build a pleasure to level.

I really think this build has the potential to do very well and your suggestions and/or comments will go a long way in making that happen.

I really want to give a shout out to the OP -- well done!!!!

Good Hunting

Ishkabibble

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

USMC - Vietnam 1967 - 1968 - 1969
Last edited by Ishkabibble on Jan 28, 2014, 10:00:05 PM
I'm selling that searing touch on domination for 1ex, really good for this build if someone interested.
How does this build do (theoretically or otherwise) at 80+?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info