[1.0.5] Tell your neighbors, Searing bond is viable! (HC viable)

Looks like it should be doable as long as the damage is high enough, assuming you can use a high resist chest and run purity of elements. I also sidestepped into the resist nodes above sentinel (only cold/lightning, goldwyrm and perandus have us massively over fire cap). That brings my merc resists to 94/69/68 with sadima's. I may use an andvarius and use aurseize over sadima's, dropping me by 5 each. But I could very easily get a helmet with more resist (it's just life/43iir/27 lightning) or an amulet with any in order to reach caps. Searing bond dps through merciless so far has been pretty silly. Hopefully it stands up even without remote mine. Trying to mine dominus sounds awful.

Those resists are with this chest, which could easily be better with lower armor and some life, since we don't need a 5link for this build. Or any astral with lightning/cold resist, basically.
IGN:
Catdurid
SkelliesErrywhere
"
Mankrik147 wrote:
Searing bond dps through merciless so far has been pretty silly. Hopefully it stands up even without remote mine. Trying to mine dominus sounds awful.

I didn't really have any issues with Merciless Dom at 65 w/ EE warp totem and Searing Touch. Didn't use traps/mines and did use an IIR as my fourth link with Bond. You should be fine.
Hey. Pretty nifty guide. Mind if I ask few opinions?

I created a templar and so far ive been just winging it. Originally I just wanted to try and test searing bond and see if I can make searing bond build after the season reset. At the moment at lvl 27 the dps looks rediculous. Using searing bond + decoy totem mostly for now. Took oaks hp.... and he decided to drop eye of chayula. Now im contemplating making a CI build because I have never done CI based build and I have no idea how to make one work. BUt I would really like to try with this throwaway toon before the season reset.

This is a throw away toon so I would like to rush CI and take it as soon as possible just to see how it compares to HP build because ive never done it. Im fine if I take CI and my toon ends up in standard league right after exiting town.

Could anyone shed some light on if it would be possible to turn my toon into CI user?
What amount of ES on gear I should have before taking CI nodes?
What amount of % passives should I have before taking CI?
When to transition from hp build and how to go about it?
What type of gear should I look out for? Pure int everywhere? str/int? What mods?
What is the earliest level you can think I can go CI?

For stuff I can think that matters assume respec points you get from quests + about 10ish regrets.
The mentioned Eye of Chayula is the only notable piece of gear I have.
I have few granites and jade flasks and a multitude of resistance flasks with roughly itemlevel 40 or so average, what mods should I be looking to roll on them?

At lvl 27 my passives.
Spoiler
"
elraito wrote:
Hey. Pretty nifty guide. Mind if I ask few opinions?

I created a templar and so far ive been just winging it. Originally I just wanted to try and test searing bond and see if I can make searing bond build after the season reset. At the moment at lvl 27 the dps looks rediculous. Using searing bond + decoy totem mostly for now. Took oaks hp.... and he decided to drop eye of chayula. Now im contemplating making a CI build because I have never done CI based build and I have no idea how to make one work. BUt I would really like to try with this throwaway toon before the season reset.

This is a throw away toon so I would like to rush CI and take it as soon as possible just to see how it compares to HP build because ive never done it. Im fine if I take CI and my toon ends up in standard league right after exiting town.

Could anyone shed some light on if it would be possible to turn my toon into CI user?
What amount of ES on gear I should have before taking CI nodes?
What amount of % passives should I have before taking CI?
When to transition from hp build and how to go about it?
What type of gear should I look out for? Pure int everywhere? str/int? What mods?
What is the earliest level you can think I can go CI?

For stuff I can think that matters assume respec points you get from quests + about 10ish regrets.
The mentioned Eye of Chayula is the only notable piece of gear I have.
I have few granites and jade flasks and a multitude of resistance flasks with roughly itemlevel 40 or so average, what mods should I be looking to roll on them?

At lvl 27 my passives.

Someone posted their CI version of the build in the first page I believe you can check it out.
Hey guys,
i have one question regarding Entropy. Is it actually working with SB and if it does, is it worth it? I am a templar, so it would take me quite a lot of points to get there and id rather know if it works before i take it.

thanks in advance.
"
RapplerSoon wrote:
Hey guys,
i have one question regarding Entropy. Is it actually working with SB and if it does, is it worth it? I am a templar, so it would take me quite a lot of points to get there and id rather know if it works before i take it.

thanks in advance.

The answers to your questions are:

1) Yes
2) Not in a million years.

At minimum you're spending 15 points for 45% increased damage over time, the majority of which is spent on completely useless int nodes. You would have to drop points from the core build to even make this achievable (probably the mine nodes). If you want to do that, find a more useful place to put the points - like defensive nodes. There's 24% inc fire damage available for 4 points, which is double the rate of return. Or get a bunch of health/resist nodes and use a different gearset that increases your damage, like infernal mantle. 45% increased is not an enormous boost compared to something like remote mine, particularly because damage modifiers get less valuable the more of them you have. You'd grab it if it were nearby, but not at that cost.
IGN:
Catdurid
SkelliesErrywhere
This good farmer build?
"
RapplerSoon wrote:
Hey guys,

thanks in advance.

If you were planning to do a CI version, Yeah I would grab it. Otherwise as Mankrik147 pointed out its a lot of points for not equal gain.
May the RNG be with you always.
I don't understad one thing, if Ancestral Bond means that you can't deal dmg by yourself, doesn't it mean that Elemental Equilibrium wil have no effect?
Last edited by Nekkr0 on Feb 22, 2014, 8:02:05 PM
"
Nekkr0 wrote:
I don't understad one thing, if Ancestral Bond means that you can't deal dmg by yourself, doesn't it mean that Elemental Equilibrium wil have no effect?

you can use other means of doing damage, lightning warp totem or lightning/coldsnap trap to proc ee

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info