World, Enemies and Allies stops responding

Yeah sure, see below. I put in a screenshot so you can see what it looks like when it happens. I might have taken the screenshot a second or so too late so you could see my latency before the freeze, but it is always between 25-40ms:

http://i.imgur.com/1ClCGg6.jpg

winMTR was running and I took the instance IP to run it against while I was playing and it froze. And a side note, it's totally random. I could play for 3 hours without it happening and sometimes it can happen within 30 min of mapping:

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| WinMTR statistics |

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

| BoB2.iiNet - 0 | 694 | 694 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 |

| nexthop.vic.iinet.net.au - 0 | 694 | 694 | 12 | 13 | 43 | 13 |

| xe-10-0-0.cr1.mel8.on.ii.net - 0 | 694 | 694 | 12 | 14 | 53 | 13 |

| as4826.vic.ix.asn.au - 0 | 694 | 694 | 12 | 14 | 34 | 14 |

|ten-0-0-0-3.cor01.mel07.vic.VOCUS.net.au - 0 | 694 | 694 | 24 | 25 | 60 | 25 |

|ten-0-1-0-0.cor03.syd03.nsw.VOCUS.net.au - 0 | 694 | 694 | 24 | 26 | 62 | 25 |

| ten-1-1-0.bdr03.syd03.nsw.VOCUS.net.au - 0 | 694 | 694 | 24 | 25 | 61 | 25 |

|as56106.cust.bdr03.syd03.nsw.VOCUS.net.au - 0 | 694 | 694 | 24 | 25 | 56 | 24 |

| au05.grindinggear.com - 0 | 694 | 694 | 24 | 25 | 49 | 25 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider
Last edited by Reavs on Jul 22, 2014, 9:08:08 PM
so you're saying that trace you posted was taken before/during/after the screenshot you posted?

If so, then it looks like it might be a different disconnection issue. When the server drops you, you don't get the same "freeze" appearance as you get when you get a client-side disconnection.

This leads me to believe there is still likely something on the PC (client) end that is causing the disconnection, but it isn't affecting the whole connection... just PoE.

Do you have ANY antivirus/firewall/security software running, or anything on your router/modem hardware or otherwise that could be interfering and causing a temporary disconnect from PoE (like QoS or something)? The trace doesn't show a full disconnect unless it is so minor as to not be caught in the trace... but that wouldn't cause a full server disconnect unless the port itself is being shut down preventing PoE traffic but still allowing other traffic. Only things that can really do that, which I can think of, are conflicting software or hardware causing the port to be closed.
Last edited by Drakier on Jul 22, 2014, 9:32:37 PM
Hey

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I took the screenshot while it happened, but I might have caught it just a few seconds after the freeze, so usually it will have all the up and down from the latency and then it just goes to a flat line when the dc occurs. The mtr trace was done while i was playing, and yeah, thats pretty much what customer service also said, they cannot see anything wrong with the report.

They also have suggested turning off all anti-virus programs and such. I think I might have the windows firewall running. I have switched of the modem's as well as the anti-virus's.

Will let you know how I go once I have switched them all off. Besides that the only other program I run while playing is Mumble. What is QoS?
Last edited by Reavs on Jul 22, 2014, 9:40:15 PM
QoS stands for "Quality of Service" and it is a setting offered on most routers and modems that "prioritizes" packets based on type/destination/etc to better handle loads... it reduces things like bittorrent and streaming video in favor of things that need higher priority like real-time gaming, etc.

It's usually not configured correctly, and rarely works as advertised (unless you really know what you're doing).

If you have a separate modem and router, it might be worthwhile to also attempt to plug straight into the modem from the PC and attempt to play that way for a while and see if the disconnection/flatline still happens. If it doesn't happen with a straight connection, but happens with a router in the mix, then it could likely be something with the router causing the issue.

Wish I had more direct answers that could solve the problem. You also might want to try changing your gateway to a different region and see if it is AU specific, or something else as well. You can manually type in "Singapore" to get a gateway there, or there is also the standard North America and Europe regions as well. Don't expect great latency or results, but at least it can possibly again help narrow down possibilities.

Good luck.
All good, thanks for trying to help. Pretty interesting that you mentioned about the QoS, starting to think that might be something to look at too. I just use an all in one modem (BoB2 iiNet Australia) so it's a direct connection from phone line to modem to pc.

The options under my QoS in the toolbox for my ISP are as follows:

http://i.imgur.com/ZfyRfQ8.png

The highlighted one is what I'm on now. Guess it might be worthwhile to test the "Gamer" option?
There's no option to disable it completely?

You could just try them all, but by nature of your problem, you won't really know if it is solved unless you give it a LOT of time, and factor out coincidence in network issue (continuing to run the traces).
Well, unfortunately I'm still having the same issue. I manage to make a video about it. It happens at about the 1:50 mark if you want to skip forward. The black bars in the middle is my overlay I forgot to switch off:

Spoiler
http://youtu.be/SgHXt2j0u2Q

Customer service have suggested I play through a VPN to get around the connection, but the free VPN's iv'e tried (even AUS ones) all take my latency over 300ms. Not very suitable for Hardcore map testing. Also, I need to try a different modem. Don't know if it's the modem as this is the only game giving me this issue.

Pretty stumped at the moment to be honest. If anyone has some ideas or suggestions on anything I could try, please feel free to suggest.
Last edited by Reavs on Jul 27, 2014, 7:54:52 PM
+ 1 Here

I am experiencing the same issue with ReaVer_

except that i get constant tp back to my previous location 3-4 sec ago. The latency graph recorded the lag spike.

Here is my forum thread about my problem.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/983496

The only thing I see in the video is a bit of desync from Whirling Blades, where is the high ping?
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 28, 2014, 3:39:35 PM
@Startkabels, There is no high ping, the ping flat lines (look at the end). If I don't log out, the monsters you see on screen kills me because I am actually disconnecting from the map server but it's not instant.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info