World, Enemies and Allies stops responding

Hey there

I have had this issue a couple times in the past which led to a few deaths (Nemesis), but tonight I have experienced it 5 times, 3 of which was in the same map (Cells).

The best I can describe what happens is similar to the end of a race where everything would just come to a halt, but my character can still move and everything around it does not. All enemies and allies stand still and do not respond.

I immediately pressed /oos and F1 to check my latency and it was flat-lining at 29ms without going up or down at all. Not even by 1ms.

Please let me know if you need more info.
Last edited by Reavs on Jan 20, 2014, 8:37:26 AM
I've lost one Nemesis character for the same issue. Used to happen a lot back in December but had one again just now too.

It's very deadly issue in HC as the server doesn't seem to disconnect you even though there's no data moving between the client and server at all. Exit menu does nothing so the only option is to Alt + F4 but even that won't disconnect you until you log in again (and this game takes quite a few seconds to load so in a bad spot it's almost automatic death).

Maybe the issue is in the game's disconnect detection and these are just regular disconnects but for some reason the server doesn't recognize them. Anyways a fix would be really nice.
Usually when you notice stuff stop moving, it's because your internet connection dropped... the client doesn't realize the connection to the server was terminated though so you can still run around in the map, but you're not ACTUALLY running around the map. No server communication is happening. You can try to open chests or kill stuff, but you won't actually do any of those things.

Only way to fix it is to log out and back in again... and check your connection.
"
Drakier wrote:
Usually when you notice stuff stop moving, it's because your internet connection dropped... the client doesn't realize the connection to the server was terminated though so you can still run around in the map, but you're not ACTUALLY running around the map. No server communication is happening. You can try to open chests or kill stuff, but you won't actually do any of those things.

Only way to fix it is to log out and back in again... and check your connection.

Well, it's true that my character does nothing in the zone when this is happening but unfortunately the monsters still do. I did test this when it happened while I was partying and my character remained in game for minutes just standing still. Only after re-logging my character vanished from the map. It's not only the client that doesn't realize the connection is lost but server as well.

And no, it's not about the player's connection dropping as everything else works just fine. This has even happened when I've played on a shared connection and the other guy was playing just fine. I still believe it's some sort of an error in the net code of PoE (disconnect itself may be out of their hands but server needs to realize when the connection is lost).
Agreed, nothing else disconnects and my actual connection is still fine.

Happened again tonight while doing maps. Glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing this.
Ive had problems with this in the past but of recently its been many many times worse than its ever been. 1.0.5 started with constant dcing, noticeably more in town, noticeably more in races. the hotfix tonight seem to further worsen it to the point that im sad to have to take a break from my favorite game until i can find some stability.

In town looking at stash ill dc 2 times or more a minute, but once i move it always instantly syncs back up, these are just frustrating and the frequency of the town dc has me skeptical that its on my end.

In game the dc is the same as OP, lose sync for .5-2 seconds /oos or quartz stops this (why?).

Tonight its just insanely bad with neverending repeated dcing.

I don't have internet issues that im aware of, i dont ever drop in other games or dc when on the net.

Spoiler
-=(

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
After a few months away, decided to fire up a few maps again, and low and behold, getting the same problem still. Has there been a fix for this? I see allot of post regarding this issue.
"
After a few months away, decided to fire up a few maps again, and low and behold, getting the same problem still. Has there been a fix for this? I see allot of post regarding this issue.

You should run a WinMTR while gaming and let it capture in the background. Then we might be able to actually see a disconnection or other issue happening. We need some actual data however to be able to assist you with the problem. Without data, it's all just conjecture and speculation.
Yep, have submitted MTR reports and apparently it's all fine.

Customer service is currently still getting me to troubleshoot the issue, but it happened a few times again.

I have downloaded the Steam client now and switched to that to see if it makes a difference.

Will try to post an update if/when I get a resolution
Who did you send the WinMTR to?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info