New Trading System IN MARCH 2014?!

"
Chris wrote:
The new trading changes aren't in the March 1.1.0 patch - there are two reasons:
a) We're keen to deploy them as soon as they're ready. There's no real need to wait for the next four-monthly patch.
b) The new trading stuff is not ready yet. It's a major system overhaul and we're still working on it. I'm really sorry about the delay.

As for how it works, the current plan is a combination of public stash tabs (to make it easier to find items) and separately, an asynchronous cross-instance-website trading system. You can basically trade (without buyouts) across the game and website. The trades and offers are still there when you log in later, so it's possible to trade with offline people or people who aren't in your game area or are on their phone or work PC.

I imagine it a bit like the Steam Trading System.

Sounds awesome and appropriate to hold up the barter nature of the initial system.
Thanks for taking the time to even reply in here.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jan 15, 2014, 5:57:56 PM
"
Madtank wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Spoiler
The new trading changes aren't in the March 1.1.0 patch - there are two reasons:
a) We're keen to deploy them as soon as they're ready. There's no real need to wait for the next four-monthly patch.
b) The new trading stuff is not ready yet. It's a major system overhaul and we're still working on it. I'm really sorry about the delay.

As for how it works, the current plan is a combination of public stash tabs (to make it easier to find items) and separately, an asynchronous cross-instance-website trading system. You can basically trade (without buyouts) across the game and website. The trades and offers are still there when you log in later, so it's possible to trade with offline people or people who aren't in your game area or are on their phone or work PC.
Sounds pretty fail I'll just keep using p0e.xyz and profit.

I hope that GGG buys p0e.xyz one day, doesn't make the acquisition public, implements code on p0e.xyz that seeks to grab users' PoE email addresses and passwords while they are using the website and game client simultaneously (key logger injected only into the game client somehow?). Then, at RNG times, send official messages in-game to everyone currently online with the email address + password pairs collected from the website. Oh, and 'you have logged in from a different location' would probably have to be shut off for the collected accounts as well..
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.
Last edited by Perfect_Black on Jan 15, 2014, 6:22:41 PM
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Does anyone else think its funny that they reject the AH, and many players are 100% against the AH...then log into poe.xyz and pretend that isn't an AH? I mean I get everyone needs to reaffirm eachother that they hate D3 forever and D3 had an ah and so the ah is bad...I get that...

Its not any more difficult than a built in AH to use.

I mean if you claim trading is the cornerstone of ARPG games and have full trading...it just seems...stupid...to not put an AH in.

What is the addition of the AH going make the game forced trading? Because it is already.
What is it going to cause massive inflation and put most decent items (Not even talking BIS here) out of reach of almost every legit player? Because it is already like this

I don't see a downside to having an AH in the game right now, because every supposed negative effect is already in the game...because AH already exists.

They could get creative and do something unique...but my firm prejudice with the developers leads me to believe that if it wasn't in D2 it cant be done.

So its probably going to be POE.xyz but official. Possibly with the ability to exchange goods even if one party isn't online. Which would be an AH, not that one (many) don't already exist.

Going to be interesting to see how ROS with BOA legendaries aka no trading for anything good...is going to pan out. I see a LOT of self found interest within this game, and another arpg made by brevick has the exact same set up...and its a self found players paradise (also...not a single line of RMT spam ever in that game in the 300hrs ive been playing it...strange for a free game)

I kinda hope GGG decides to do an increased drop rate SFL with no trading...but then I kinda hope they don't ive sensed a major ego rising in chris, in that, if he doesn't like that play style personally forget about it.

Mark my words self found with no trading of BIS items and top tier gear is the wave of the future. People I think have forgotten how much more fun these games are when you are finding the loot via killing stuff...and you don't have to deal with astronomically low drop rates to protect an economy you hate dealing with.
just for try, for see and for know
Last edited by CapitalPunishment on Jan 15, 2014, 6:25:03 PM
the key difference is an instantaneous b/o system where you could bypass human interaction and 'haggling' which chris explicitly mentioned they would not include in the new system.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Chris wrote:

Waait a minute, am I on reddit again? Did they change the outlook? What's happening? Why is Chris here?
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
Chris wrote:

Thanks Chris for your answer. I hope to see you on the forums again!
http://slysherz.blogspot.com
"
Again: trading post or trading house. Marketplace. There's virtually no 'auctioning' going on.

I'm not sure which MMO solidified the misnomer 'Auction House' but it's best to let it go. Even eBay, which DOES have a lot of auctions, refers to itself as a trading platform/marketplace first and foremost, not an auction site. Not anymore.

Chris said 'no Auction house, ever' and he meant it. I firmly believe he'll stick by it. He never said 'no trading house, ever', which is worth keeping in mind.

And while the difference is the presence of buyouts, Chris has actually ruled out something that typically doesn't have them. An auction is all about human interaction and competition, about paying what you want for an item rather than simply buying it.

If 'Auction House' were true to its name, I'd think GGG would embrace it.

I get that, if you get super picky with words you can make one not be an AH and another system be an AH.

Bottom line, poe.xyz is an AH, and its already here. So I don't get why they are so anti AH.

I would much rather them create a unique way to trade goods, and I hope that is what they are doing (maybe you've paid enough get inside info, if so please hint lol)

But I think its 100% tunnel vision mixed with "we hate d3 forever" mentality when you say no AH ever, while thousands of players are tabbing out to use the AH/RMAH done 3rd party.
just for try, for see and for know
"
When in doubt, and when the action (No buyout) is inconvenient for the sake of being inconvenient, assume sarcasm

This is not inconvenient for the sake of being inconvenient: cataloging items that are for sale and doing nothing more allows the trade system to be still tedious enough for discouraging the "buying for selling" attitude, while simplifying trade enough for encouraging players to resort to it regularly. By allowing direct buy the game would stay in its trading simulator state with an in-game interface, but this will refocus the game on what should always be its main component, the hack'n slash part. Spot-on!
Sorry for the English mistakes if there any in my post, this is not my native language.
CHRIS AND EVRY1, READ MY SUGGESTION ON TRADECHAT etc :D

"
...currently everyone is like : /trade 1 -> SPAMSPAM
Noone sees anything,annoying, non effective, stupid,...

What would help:
-Make 3 types of tradechat : LvL 1-30, LvL 31-60, LvL 60-100
-So these are types sorted by charlevel, there would be more channels in each type.
-You would automatically join to a tradechennel good for your level
So if you are lvl15, you could trade lvl15 gears more effectively, and you won't join to a channel where ppl spam lvl70+stuff.
-You could swich to trade channels: You could switch to another lvl1-30 tradechannel or you can switch to a lvl60-100 one too if you want.

And

-Like limit tradechat joined number to 150
-And limit the number of items you can link in a message to 3 you can send to tradechat?
-And limit the time between your messages to tradechat to 20 seconds?
-And limit the time you can switch between tradechannels to 5 min.

AND ADD new TRADE TAB TO THE SOCIAL PAGE.
Because everyone uses the party tab to advertise their goods and some don't like this.
THIS TRADETAB would work DIFFERENTLY than Party tab:
You can open a tradeadvertise there, showing like partynames in the party tab
But you cannot join them, only whisp the opener
You can open a tradeadvertise to tradetab while you are in a party

Also would be good to do something about 2 players being in the same town but different instance, its annoying to go always to a1n, and to terraces because we failed.
D3 treasure goblins's escape portal is an entrance to Wraeclast

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info