New Trading System IN MARCH 2014?!

"
Chris wrote:
The new trading changes aren't in the March 1.1.0 patch - there are two reasons:
a) We're keen to deploy them as soon as they're ready. There's no real need to wait for the next four-monthly patch.
b) The new trading stuff is not ready yet. It's a major system overhaul and we're still working on it. I'm really sorry about the delay.

As for how it works, the current plan is a combination of public stash tabs (to make it easier to find items) and separately, an asynchronous cross-instance-website trading system. You can basically trade (without buyouts) across the game and website. The trades and offers are still there when you log in later, so it's possible to trade with offline people or people who aren't in your game area or are on their phone or work PC.

Thread is a year old and GGG has not provided any update on the status of this(these) system(s). AFAIK

How about an official response to let us know where this currently stands?

This is one of my biggest and only gripes about this game.

I was promised website-integrated trading 3 years ago... where is it?
Never wrestle with a pig. You'll only get muddy, and the pig likes it!

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

"De plumber fixes de sync with de wrench." - Robert_Paulson
"
Boem wrote:
"
Manocean wrote:
For a company with such a large team and hundreds of millions of dollars behind them, you think they would be able to give us so much more considering that millions of people paid 60$ for the game and then paid for the expansion.

Not sure if serious.

Spoiler
who am i kidding, i am sure, your serious!

Peace,

-Boem-

Mano serious? C'mon Man...O
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

It drops fine stuff. You're just spoiled because you've traded. You'll never find stuff that's comparable to what you can trade for. It works out fine. You don't need to beat the game to have fun with it.

el oh el
Not even gonna respond to that.

Yeah, it's hilarious. I mean, if you could never find stuff that's comparable to stuff that is traded, where does this traded stuff come from? Someone must've found it. :D
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
GodlyMe wrote:

Thread is a year old and GGG has not provided any update on the status of this(these) system(s). AFAIK

How about an official response to let us know where this currently stands?

This is one of my biggest and only gripes about this game.

I was promised website-integrated trading 3 years ago... where is it?

Here. This is the update the day 1.3.0 came out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmKcEkzSo0k&t=23m35s

thx for the link, was interesting to again listen to chris' optinion about buyouts and easy trading which i fully support.

problem: you can't prevent people from specifying their buyout prices on a external website.

one idea i had to slow down trading and prevent flipping using bots or scripts is:

- to have the seller specify a expected price which an be indexed
- let the buyer offer some currency using the website or it's api so external tools can use it

but to put the item or currency into the auction system and get it out of there, the seller and the buyer have to perform some task which can't be automatized easily.

like reaching a certain area ingame where they have to kill monsters according to the level of their current logged in char. and reaching this area they can only perform one task.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Feb 5, 2015, 9:56:48 AM
Wow but not surprising. Chris actually stated that back on November 30, 2014. Since this thread started in January 2014 that the in-game/in-browser trading function is another fishing rod hoax. So GGG can't figure it out so Chris in a round about long winded way is throwing in the towel on better PoE trading function. Yes, yes, the PoE economy is their "precious" and has to be protected at all costs, including making the PvE game less enjoyable do to less smooth play (I will not say the big D word here), crappier drops at high levels than PoE should have, and require us to waste time with third party sites and having to track down the seller.

So if the PoE "precious" economy is to be protected at all costs, then why isn't a new and improved trading function a high priority to push out? The more we know the more things stay in the same broken or unfinished state. But bring on the bling! Yeah, we can never get enough (sic).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Wow but not surprising. Chris actually stated that back on November 30, 2014. Since this thread started in January 2014 that the in-game/in-browser trading function is another fishing rod hoax. So GGG can't figure it out so Chris in a round about long winded way is throwing in the towel on better PoE trading function. Yes, yes, the PoE economy is their "precious" and has to be protected at all costs, including making the PvE game less enjoyable do to less smooth play (I will not say the big D word here), crappier drops at high levels than PoE should have, and require us to waste time with third party sites and having to track down the seller.

So if the PoE "precious" economy is to be protected at all costs, then why isn't a new and improved trading function a high priority to push out? The more we know the more things stay in the same broken or unfinished state. But bring on the bling! Yeah, we can never get enough (sic).

I think they don't want to buff trading, so even if they deliver an ingame trading system, it probably won't be more efficient than what we have now with the 3rd party stuff :) At least I hope so.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Arrowneous wrote:

So if the PoE "precious" economy is to be protected at all costs, then why isn't a new and improved trading function a high priority to push out? The more we know the more things stay in the same broken or unfinished state.

prio 1 at ggg is act4, 90% of all dev time goes into the new content. if it contains a new trading system it needs to be perfect as it will change the game more substantially than new content.

so they are very careful about this topic and do exactly what you want: don't release new mechanics which favour full time traders rather than people playing the content and selling occasionally.

chris asked the community for suggestions: where are yours?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
trading system is perfect right now, please do not implement any AH ( or similar, like trade stash tab ).
IGN TylordRampage
I kind agree that the trading system is really not optimal in PoE, but everytime I'm thinking about it, here is two main concerns that often pop up in my head :

1/ If we consider the trading system in PoE as being the actual "stricto sensu" in game trading system, so yes, there is a lot to be improved. If we consider the trading system in PoE as the in game trading system + the third party tools (PoE.trade being the major one), then I don't know which optimization would not turn that current system into a D3-like Auction House. For me, I think the best would be to put a PoE.trade-like system in PoE itself, but that's it. I don't want it to go further.

2/ As always, we also have to keep in mind that even if the system doesn't make it easier, the players themselves make the whole trading thing in PoE a global mess. Of course the system in itself have a big impact on that, and maybe players' behavior is the consequence of that. But still.
IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Feb 5, 2015, 10:17:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info