New Trading System IN MARCH 2014?!

I don't even trade and I think that GGG should apologize for this.
"
Chris wrote:

As for how it works, the current plan is a combination of public stash tabs (to make it easier to find items)

If it's not as good as xyz, well, everyone will keep using xyz to find items.

Seriously, we need in-game version of xyz, with exactly the same features.
"
Pewzor wrote:
nice necro and lol you think a new trade system is in the works?

PoE is a trade emulation centric dungeon crawler. GGG is not going to waste their time on stuff like better trading system or AH and stuff,
they only made the post to "buy some time" and to delay the QQ since most modern players are used to having a ingame trading system like AH and ect.

GGG is just humoring players... they will just make a post in a year or two saying why its essential to keep the ingame trading as bad as possible compare to today's modern market standards... you know like how they said they will fix desync and then 2 years later made a post explaining why DESYNC is very very good for the game coz of hacks and some lols.

Edit: and yes fanbois will just take w/e they say as words of god... and think that games that dont desync must be shitty games.

I believe you to be incorrect on this matter. If it is to be as it sounds or until there is clarification on what has already been brought up, the purchase of "additional" public stash tabs sounds like a very real thing. Real money to GGG in the form of a new and very likely the most valuable stash tab you can purchase. Why get anything else? Just put everything you find up for sale... That being said I do think the question of whether you will be able to purchase more sales tabs merits a dev response since the devs decided to pop the freshness seal.

Also for everyone who says that the AH's ruined D3, be aware that the AH's were the best thing in D3. The issue was that you HAD to use them to get upgrades. The problem then was the itemization and implementation of how gear was rolled and dropped, not the trade and sales system.
"
BenBraddock wrote:

Also for everyone who says that the AH's ruined D3, be aware that the AH's were the best thing in D3. The issue was that you HAD to use them to get upgrades. The problem then was the itemization and implementation of how gear was rolled and dropped, not the trade and sales system.

AH was there to keep ppl interested, cause the game was really poor, and still is compared to poe.
The problem with some sort of AH is : when there are some sort of cheat (dupping etc) it's immediately hurting the economy SO MUCH.

"
zbouby25 wrote:
"
BenBraddock wrote:

AH was there to keep ppl interested, cause the game was really poor, and still is compared to poe.
The problem with some sort of AH is : when there are some sort of cheat (dupping etc) it's immediately hurting the economy SO MUCH.

The game has only recently become poor. On release D3 was excellent. It wasnt until after things had settled that everyone realized the situation with trade and sales and upgrades. The gameplay itself had nothing to do with any of that. Its one thing to not like D3. Its another to call it bad and then compare it to POE when the only thing they really have in common is the fact that they are both ARPG's. If you wanna compare POE to anything keep it to D2. D3 stands apart (not to be interpreted as better or worse, just different) from POE and your liking it more is subjective. If you care to keep pressing the issue, just look at how many people are playing each game. One has more than the other... And dont blame the developing companies pockets or lack thereof for the greater success of one vs the other.
"
BenBraddock wrote:
"
zbouby25 wrote:
"
BenBraddock wrote:

The game has only recently become poor. On release D3 was excellent. It wasnt until after things had settled that everyone realized the situation with trade and sales and upgrades. The gameplay itself had nothing to do with any of that. Its one thing to not like D3. Its another to call it bad and then compare it to POE when the only thing they really have in common is the fact that they are both ARPG's. If you wanna compare POE to anything keep it to D2. D3 stands apart (not to be interpreted as better or worse, just different) from POE and your liking it more is subjective. If you care to keep pressing the issue, just look at how many people are playing each game. One has more than the other... And dont blame the developing companies pockets or lack thereof for the greater success of one vs the other.

We have very different impressions. I pre-ordered D3 and was immediately disappointed with it. It was clear very quickly that this was not a game of the same quality as D1 and D2.

Have you played D1 and D2? PoE is more like D1 and D2 than D3 was at release.
Last edited by Drumheller on Feb 4, 2015, 2:05:46 AM
"
Drumheller wrote:

We have very different impressions. I pre-ordered D3 and was immediately disappointed with it. It was clear very quickly that this was not a game of the same quality as D1 and D2.

I agree to some extent.
Didn't preorder because I wasn't sure how it'd run on Linux. Got a trial account from a friend and it worked nicely. Played Act I up to the skeleton king (end of trial) and I was positively surprised, since the atmosphere of Act I was great.
However, even then I was a bit disappointed with the skill system. However, bought D3 for ½ price 6 months after release. While it was a nice experience having played it through once, it then became rather bland.
The biggest disappointment was the skill system, if you want to call it that.
I never touched the AH, so this cannot be what ruined the game for me.
For me it was the abysmal skill system. While the skills themselves are nice, the lack of meaningful choices is quite a bummer.

But back on topic:
I agree with Shagsbeard here.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Last edited by Mikrotherion on Feb 4, 2015, 2:19:13 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

2. Of course it will. You'll find that the game is far easier than it was before trading was easier. That will have a significant impact on how you perceive the game even if you're not willing to admit it. Developers would have to shift the level of what was "expected" for a player to have and make the game more challenging to compensate for the increase. It's called "power creep" and it ruins games like this.

your wrong, trading isnt hard its annoying one of these things is good for a game the other is not.

If I grind I can buy the most GGG thing ever but ontop of getting the currency I have to faff around trying to get the seller online.

having upgrade options is not power creep.

power creep would be new skills or mods which are more awesome than previous ones

many mods and uniques have infact been nurfed

there is special content designed for thoses with gg gear to keep it interesting for them whilst not effecting everyone else

the real barrier to getting ggg is currency not clunky trade, most player will never be able to afford mirror gear even if it was 2 clicks and a second away. For those who can uber awakes.

"
Drumheller wrote:

D3 was never intended to be an updated D2 clone. It was the next iteration of the series. I will never understand when someone says xxx game is new and its not exactly like xxx old game, so it sucks cuz I liked the old one. I drew the comparison of POE to D2 because POE is intended to be modeled after D2. D3 was not. Your first impression might be valid but when you then use the reason that D3 was disappointing because it wasnt like its predecessor I can't agree with that.

I will reserve judgment regarding the trade system until we actually know how it works. I wouldnt go so far as to ask for an apology, just a little more clarification on the specifics. Chris clearly stated its a work in progress so we have to give them the opportunity to continue to work it out. It might very well be that the intention of letting us in on the info besides just assuaging the ever growing angst for a lack of doing things exactly as the community demands exactly when they ask it (a small degree of sarcasm there) or telling us every single step of every single process they are going through with a constantly updating frequency was simply to get a good read on how we feel, in the early stages of the idea process, based on the responses in the thread. Maybe even look for some positive input, not just flak.
Hope it will be in the 1.4 patch !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info