1.0.6 Do you think Summoner Snapshotting or Cast on Death will get nerfed?

"
minigod123 wrote:

Here are reasons why spectre need accordant support gemS:

1. Spectres could die and you must resummon them at different locations. This is why a lot summoners keep praying for the feature that save spectres when they logout, because it could take 5-15mins for some ppls to capture them before they start do maps.

2. Unlike melee build with insane tank and life leech, if you fail you could enter portal and keep trying again, but spectres and zombies...they could easily be blow away by aoe bosses, minion are their power, their life, their everything, if their minions dead while the boss still alive:
* Summoner and most of their minions die.
* If summoner still alive they need to go back to resummon again.

3. Unlike melee, minions are unable to control, if you do a map with ton of objects minions may get stuck and leave summoner alone, there stupid cases usually happen when I need them most. Sometime they get stuck somewhere close to me and the boss almost killed me. I blame the move speed cap from spectre gem.

Note: this is what happen when u won't snapshot

3. You found summoner boring, but we found summoner interesting, we love the way spectres change their abilities as we want. So if they don't allow us use good gems for different spectres, the build will be even more boring

SNAPSHOT AND COD SHOULD BE FIX, YES! WE AGREE...BUT NOT SPECTRES, YOU PPLS WHO DON'T LIKE IT, WHO DON'T LOVE IT WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND.

1. Specres save with logout. I dont see any problem there.
2. If i fail with my melee build in combat, i will DIE! MYSELF! When your summons get killed, you at least have a chance to escape with portal/lightning warp/etc (or alt+f4, though this "feature" is a cheat). Why do you complain there? You will have to spend 5-15 min to make new spectres, while i will have to spend 5-15 HOURS to regain 10% experience lost!
3. Well, ability to give orders to your summons will be a move into proper direction, of course. This will make summoners less boring and will remove those stupid occasions when NPC act like NPC - stupid mindless bot.

All those issues have nothing in common with snapshotting. Why dont make that spectres retroactively gain abilities depending on support gems linked? Facing fire resist map? Consider swapping Added fire damage with something else.... This adds diversity similar to other builds (like melee that can 6-L single-targeted ability before a boss), while giving same restrictions - all your spectres will have SAME supports.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
I'm playing as a summoner and I just had to try this. and yeah. its pretty much OP. most bosses die in 5-10 seconds. Today I mananged to kill Vaal, dominus and jungle valley map bosses with my summoner. never been able to do that earlier.

But I also did die alot. Summoners are still flawed in so many ways. I am running with not so great gear. Life build without any gear over 3 exalts. most expensive is alpha howl.

I do hope they remove this and in the process add something that makes it possible to be somewhat good without snapshotting. It's incredible boring to go get the summons everytime they die or game crashes.

I know that ppl thinks that this is an exploit and dont like it. but now that I have tried. its gonna be hard not to do it until they fix it.

I have high hopes for 1.0.6 patch.

Last edited by pxlshdr on Jan 19, 2014, 2:28:15 PM
"
pxlshdr wrote:
I'm playing as a summoner and I just had to try this. and yeah. its pretty much OP. most bosses die in 5-10 seconds. Today I mananged to kill Vaal, dominus and jungle valley map bosses with my summoner. never been able to do that earlier.

But I also did die alot. Summoners are still flawed in so many ways. I am running with not so great gear. Life build without any gear over 3 exalts. most expensive is alpha howl.

I do hope they remove this and in the process add something that makes it possible to be somewhat good without snapshotting. It's incredible boring to go get the summons everytime they die or game crashes.

I know that ppl thinks that this is an exploit and dont like it. but now that I have tried. its gonna be hard not to do it until they fix it.

I have high hopes for 1.0.6 patch.

Minions must die when the player dies or disconnects.
"
NiNcsszaM wrote:
"
Artanthos wrote:
"
NiNcsszaM wrote:
Also if you are poor (meaning you only have a 4L armor or a really crappy 5L one, no Chober, no Motreguls etc.) then without snapshotting there is no way you can even finish the game. Not even talking about maps.

Sure you can. Not even particularly difficult.

By 67 I was able to safely (but not quickly) kill Dominus using only 4L gear.

Since then my summoner has been happily farming maps and Piety while attempting to 5L or 6L a set of armor. No luck yet with linking, but it's not stopping from clearing maps.

wow you have tell me how. I tried I think 5 times so far. getting to his second form but then I'll die miserably many times.

and I'm level 79 with Purity of elemens, grace, vitality, clarity and also arctic armor (moving around with lightning warp)
Using BMs snapshotted in a Tabula Rasa (new development), focused on survivability. Elemental weakness, vulnerability or enfeeble as 2 curses. I have 2 seething flask of animation and bubbling flasks to keep the minions alive.
Still I feel I don't have much chance.

So how do you deal with dominus with an average gear and with a 4L chestplate??? what am I missing here?

unless you have very little life (less than 3k health) I dont see what problems you can have. maybe the bleeding rain gets you ?
"
NiNcsszaM wrote:
"
Artanthos wrote:
"
NiNcsszaM wrote:
Also if you are poor (meaning you only have a 4L armor or a really crappy 5L one, no Chober, no Motreguls etc.) then without snapshotting there is no way you can even finish the game. Not even talking about maps.

Sure you can. Not even particularly difficult.

By 67 I was able to safely (but not quickly) kill Dominus using only 4L gear.

Since then my summoner has been happily farming maps and Piety while attempting to 5L or 6L a set of armor. No luck yet with linking, but it's not stopping from clearing maps.

wow you have tell me how. I tried I think 5 times so far. getting to his second form but then I'll die miserably many times.

and I'm level 79 with Purity of elemens, grace, vitality, clarity and also arctic armor (moving around with lightning warp)
Using BMs snapshotted in a Tabula Rasa (new development), focused on survivability. Elemental weakness, vulnerability or enfeeble as 2 curses. I have 2 seething flask of animation and bubbling flasks to keep the minions alive.

So how do you deal with dominus with an average gear and with a 4L chestplate??? what am I missing here?

No gem snapshot, no CoD gem either ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEbmsYh_nZI

pretty faceroll no ?
IGN TylordRampage
"
NiNcsszaM wrote:

Second form was trivial. Most of Dominus' attacks in his second form are single target. I just stood on the edge of his circle summoning skeletons and replacing my zombies as they died. I still had Minion Instability back then.

First form was much more difficult and time consuming.

Since then I've picked up most of the summoner uniques. I'm sure I could kill him much more rapidly now that I have my 3rd specter and can snapshot with a Sidhebreath and Queen's Decree.

One thing I do differently than most summoners is my skeletons. I have them set up for damage instead of putting them on a totem.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
"
NiNcsszaM wrote:

No gem snapshot, no CoD gem either ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEbmsYh_nZI

pretty faceroll no ?[/quote]

well with that setup I bet its easy. He has almost a thousand life on top of almost 8k ES :O:O
AND he is running 6!! auras plus the rejuv totem. I can only guess how overpowered gear he is having :)

Though I like the idea to create a portal near Dominus. Not sure about having multiple Evangelists though. Well I can only have 2 spectres anyway.

@grepman - yes I think I have about 2.5k life. Though I took a pretty good amount of life, and life+mana, and even evasion nodes (with IR). Never had a problem surviving before.

and yes the bleeding rain is not really good for my health. seething flasks run out really quickly.
I might need to go back using skeletons also.
I know it's like still going at it after a fight (since CoD is gone), but I'll post anyway. Why is actually being able to do content wit ha build considered op? No really, some people here post like being able to do bosses with their character is somehow a bad thing. The fact is, now temple, crematorium piety, jungle valley boss and things liek him are skip material, why bother?

CoD should have been nerfed for minions (something like half effectiveness for minion gems), not removed from equation entirely.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
GGG is fine with you being able to roll content as long as the build and gear requirement is consistent with the power.

I.E if I can steamroll a 78 map with nothing but a white t shirt and 6 gems, then something is wrong.

CoD represented a jump in power curve that was beyond anything in the game except for low life crown builds which i imagine will be hit hard in 1.1 as well. The difference is that at least low life is expensive as heck to justify the power.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info