1.0.6 Do you think Summoner Snapshotting or Cast on Death will get nerfed?

"
intodarkness wrote:
My opinion: why GGG should keep snapshot as it is now for summoners.

First of all. Gears, especially chests, mean Absolutely nothing to minions. No stats will be transferred to minions. In this case, using a Shavs to summon is no better than Tabula.

Secondly, ppl switch their weap to cull, and that is snapshot too. It is reasonable.

Last but not the least, summoners have at least 5 popular spectres: BM, Titty bitch, queen, Fire Banner,bubble guy. And each of them need at least 2 set of gems. That sums to 10 sets of gem combinations. NO one can afford 10 6link chests to play One build. And this is different from bow builds. Cos bow builds varies into physical,LA,RoA,EA... they require different passive investments. It is not the case of summoners. All summoners are basically the same,either ES or Life, the rest are all Auras , Minions and Curse. no more. You cant focus on one kind of spectre through passives. it is all about support gems.

These are why summoner are boring build.

COD+ mine can be fixed. fine.
Cod + raising can also be fixed if you hate summoners that much.

Not Snapshot!

So, chests dont affect summoner at all? So, you dont even care about your own defence at all???? And you try to tell that a build, that dont care about self protection at all, is OK????

Oh, summoners have 5 popular spectres, but need different gem colours for them?

What about melee? I would like to use 6-L Flicker Strike, Lightning Strike and Frenzy whenever i want (for example, use Frenzy to gain charges on boss, then LS to stack shock, then finish him with Flicker - that would be awesome).... Sorry, but i have to choose only ONE ability for 6-L (now it's 6-L Flicker Strike with AoE), i cant use them all 6-L. Why summoners shuld be different and able to use several 6-L skill simultaneously from one item?

If you think summoners are too weak, ask for some direct buffs, like increasing summon's damage/HP, etc. Why are you asking for diversity, that you arent supposed to have by game design?

Yes, summoner is boring. Boring, because NPC kill enemies instead of you.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jan 18, 2014, 7:49:38 AM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

Oh, summoners have 5 popular spectres, but need different gem colours for them?

What about melee? I would like to use 6-L Flicker Strike, Lightning Strike and Frenzy whenever i want (for example, use Frenzy to gain charges on boss, then LS to stack shock, then finish him with Flicker - that would be awesome).... Sorry, but i have to choose only ONE ability for 6-L (now it's 6-L Flicker Strike with AoE), i cant use them all 6-L. Why summoners shuld be different and able to use several 6-L skill simultaneously from one item?

If you think summoners are too weak, ask for some direct buffs, like increasing summon's damage/HP, etc. Why are you asking for diversity, that you arent supposed to have by game design?

Yes, summoner is boring. Boring, because NPC kill enemies instead of you.

Here are reasons why spectre need accordant support gemS:

1. Spectres could die and you must resummon them at different locations. This is why a lot summoners keep praying for the feature that save spectres when they logout, because it could take 5-15mins for some ppls to capture them before they start do maps.

2. Unlike melee build with insane tank and life leech, if you fail you could enter portal and keep trying again, but spectres and zombies...they could easily be blow away by aoe bosses, minion are their power, their life, their everything, if their minions dead while the boss still alive:
* Summoner and most of their minions die.
* If summoner still alive they need to go back to resummon again.

3. Unlike melee, minions are unable to control, if you do a map with ton of objects minions may get stuck and leave summoner alone, there stupid cases usually happen when I need them most. Sometime they get stuck somewhere close to me and the boss almost killed me. I blame the move speed cap from spectre gem.

Note: this is what happen when u won't snapshot

3. You found summoner boring, but we found summoner interesting, we love the way spectres change their abilities as we want. So if they don't allow us use good gems for different spectres, the build will be even more boring

SNAPSHOT AND COD SHOULD BE FIX, YES! WE AGREE...BUT NOT SPECTRES, YOU PPLS WHO DON'T LIKE IT, WHO DON'T LOVE IT WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND.
Last edited by minigod123 on Jan 18, 2014, 11:52:22 AM
According to what chris said in the podcast only CoD will be fixed,snapshot looks like its here to stay,i guess until they do a complete overhaul of all minions.
GyokuenRen Auramancer Low-life CI
My guild thread http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/601377
My shop thread http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/538345
It is honestly incomprehensible to me that some people seem to have the attitude that "summoners should be able to use 2-3 times the number of gems any other build can." It's not really a defensible position. Like someone else said a few posts ago, if you think summoners are too weak, make that case, and suggest buffs. "Don't fix these obvious exploits because my build is weaker without them"... well, yeah, obviously. They're exploits. (And again, trying to argue that anything involving the cast on death gem and not dying isn't an exploit is a ridiculous position.)

snapshotting is apparently very hard to fix and thats the main reason it will be weeks or months before it is fixed.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Kind of pathetic if they keep snapshotting around.

"just for try, for see and for know"
"
jdilly23 wrote:

"
jdilly23 wrote:

Getting rid of snapshotting involves changing underlying mechanics, not a trivial task.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
"
ComradeSerge wrote:
"
mazul wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
is there a video of this game breaking bug somewhere on youtube?

http://www.twitch.tv/havoc616/b/495210111 Shows Havoc testing it for the first time.

I've watched the video and read the first couple of pages of this thread, but I still don't understand what the "bug exploit" is, and how does he get so much dmg with the RF spectres. Can someone please explain in detail?

Can someone pls explain? :( I have no idea what snapshoting is, nor what the "exploit" everyone is talking here about actually is
1H+Shield High Block&Spell Block Tank: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/868995
Ice Crash Crit Staff AKA "The Shaterring Karui": https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1289037
Tanky Block+AR+EV Ranger Crit Reave Dagger/Claw: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1301888
"
Artanthos wrote:
"
NiNcsszaM wrote:
Also if you are poor (meaning you only have a 4L armor or a really crappy 5L one, no Chober, no Motreguls etc.) then without snapshotting there is no way you can even finish the game. Not even talking about maps.

Sure you can. Not even particularly difficult.

By 67 I was able to safely (but not quickly) kill Dominus using only 4L gear.

Since then my summoner has been happily farming maps and Piety while attempting to 5L or 6L a set of armor. No luck yet with linking, but it's not stopping from clearing maps.

wow you have tell me how. I tried I think 5 times so far. getting to his second form but then I'll die miserably many times.

and I'm level 79 with Purity of elemens, grace, vitality, clarity and also arctic armor (moving around with lightning warp)
Using BMs snapshotted in a Tabula Rasa (new development), focused on survivability. Elemental weakness, vulnerability or enfeeble as 2 curses. I have 2 seething flask of animation and bubbling flasks to keep the minions alive.
Still I feel I don't have much chance.

So how do you deal with dominus with an average gear and with a 4L chestplate??? what am I missing here?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info