[1.1.x] Party-Friendly, Multi-Purpose, Bow Crit (Physical CoC/Puncture/Lightning Arrow) Guide

How are things coming along? Are you still using FP? I tried it for a few maps on my ST/Dagger. I find it extremely underwhelming. It's great for unfreezable mobs for the shotgunning. But, I find it needs very specific circumstances for it to outshine other options. i.e. You need a close group of mobs and a far group of mobs. The FP shotguns the close group and does tons of dmg while IS pierces and rapes the far group.
But, more often than not for me, FP does so little dmg since I tend to be far away from the fight. I find that my clear speed went down significantly when I put it on.

Edit - Hey did you see that douchebag that was trolling got probation? LMAO!!!
Check out my Frozen Dagger build in the Shadow forums!!
Last edited by Juggla1570 on Feb 13, 2014, 10:17:44 AM
Yeah, I saw. And laughed hard. XD

I'm still experimenting with which spells work best for survivability. Double freeze definitely does the trick, it's just a matter of how to deliver it. Freezing Pulse is the only secondary option for me (besides Ice Spear) because Arctic Breath is ground based and I don't have enough links for Power Charge on Crit to bypass Cold Snap's cooldown. While I'm grouped with you, I would probably switch to Ice Spear and Cold Snap.

Found this last night for my EK set-up! (Gonna level the Arc to 20 and dump it for a 20% Quality.)

I'm not sure yet if it's what I want or if I should trade it for a 5-link Hyrri's Ire and a bunch of chromatic orbs. I have a 4-linked one. Not sure if I should pull out the Chain/Arc and do just a plain EK and PCoC with it?
Last edited by feyith on Feb 13, 2014, 8:11:57 PM
Ahoy, i have to ask if you build is allready updated to the Vaal patch,
I would like to try your build, but I only get to 21.75% Crit chance using your base passive tree and Deaths Harp, would this be enough?

Greetings, chris
Hi Chris,

I'm sorry, the first post of this thread is no longer being updated because my party has started other characters in the new league.

I'm still playing bow crit with aura support but with public groups, I had to respec for more life.

Here's my current build, which I'm a lot happier with for soloing.

Split Arrow + Chain + Ethereal Knives + Arc

Is your crit chance with or without Power Charges? I like at least 30% base so that with max charges and a Diamond flask, you crit pretty much every hit.

Past 50-60% you can ditch either the charges or the flask.

Once you get past 70% base, you can ditch both for more damage/survivability.

With stacked crit gear, I've gotten over 95% with charges but much beyond 70% isn't really worth the trade off.
Ahoy, thanks for hitting me back so fast:)
I made my bill without Power Charges. But now i have to ask if you granting them with "Power charge on critical"?
My other qeustion is how you get Frenzy and Endurance aswell. On your Tree you took every Node to get more Charges.

Greeting, Chris :)
Power Charges lets you not have to put on so much Crit gear. 5 charges with my 8.5% bow gives +22% added chance.

There's a couple of ways to do things. You can use Voll's Protector, which lets you do it with fewer links but halves your mana and takes up your armor slot. You can use Power Charge on Crit if you have enough links. Or you can use a separate attack.

I have Frenzy + Lesser Multiple Projectiles + Increased Crit Chance + Power Charge on Crit as an off attack and just smack something with it every once in a while to refill charges.

When I group with someone who shares Charges, I don't have do use this.

Ways to get Endurance Charges: You can use Enduring Cry or Daresso's Defiance armor.
Why are you taking a frenzy charge? Just for easier pathing?
I haven't decided if that's worth the point or not yet. If you're in a party that shares charges, it gives you extra attack speed and evasion. If you don't, it's cheaper to go 2 dex nodes instead.

Also, after Bars twisted my arm into dropping Projectile supports and trying Barrage again after the patch, I'm loving Barrage + EK + Cold Snap + Power Charge on Crit.
Last edited by feyith on Mar 8, 2014, 2:47:00 AM
"
feyith wrote:
I haven't decided if that's worth the point or not yet. If you're in a party that shares charges, it gives you extra attack speed and evasion. If you don't, it's cheaper to go 2 dex nodes instead.

Also, after Bars twisted my arm into dropping Projectile supports and trying Barrage again after the patch, I'm loving Barrage + EK + Cold Snap + Power Charge on Crit.

Thanks for the quick reply. How do you manage to run AA without EB?
To be honest, I haven't tried running max level AA since the leech nerf, so can't say if it's still sustainable or if you'd have to run a lower level version. (I have whatever level my Cast when Damage Taken can handle, which is mid-range.)

Before, running a level 8-10ish Clarity on life was enough to sustain it while standing still, and then the leech from hitting monsters was enough to sustain it while moving.

Now with just my mid-level one, I have to pop a Mana Flask every so often. (Surgeon's mod keeps it refilled though.)

I would level AA very slowly and see what you're comfortable with, or if it's too much of a hassle altogether. With certain builds like my Infernal Mantle I have to be very careful not to get below 35% mana or I take double spell damage.

Also, for those starting new characters in the fresh league, you may have an easier time with dual wielding wands. Something like this:

I went the long way in a couple of places to set myself up next to the big stat nodes in case needed for item requirements. Bandits: Oak, Oak, Alira.

At ~80, here's what I'd gain/lose compared to my current bow variation:

Spoiler
-10 Strength
+69 Dexterity
-19 Intelligence

-15 Maximum Life
+18% Maximum Life

-15 Maximum Mana
+8% Maximum Mana
+20% Mana Regeneration

-45% Critical Strike Chance

+8% Attack Speed
+138 Accuracy Rating
+6% Accuracy Rating

+20% Projectile Speed
-9% Projectile Damage
-62% Physical Damage

+56% Evasion Rating
+19% Block Chance
-4% Energy Shield
-7% Movement Speed

+1% Life Regeneration
+20% Mana Recovery from Flasks
+30% Block and Stun Recovery
+30% Stun Avoidance

-4% Evasion per Frenzy Charge
-50% Projectile Evade
-40% Chill Avoidance
-40% Freeze Avoidance
-15% Elemental Status Ailment Avoidance

Edit: So after further testing, I still prefer the mobility of Split Arrow over Barrage, but Barrage is better for sustaining mana.
Last edited by feyith on Mar 15, 2014, 12:23:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info