[1.1.x] Party-Friendly, Multi-Purpose, Bow Crit (Physical CoC/Puncture/Lightning Arrow) Guide

Skill Tree Update (97 Points):

I got tired of having to leave Reflect maps so traded some damage for more defense. At this point I might be overboard on the survivability. Will keep playing around with it and find a good, happy medium.
Last edited by feyith on Mar 19, 2014, 12:25:51 AM
Are you still sticking with EK? Haven't got the chance to hook up with you guys in a few days.
Check out my Frozen Dagger build in the Shadow forums!!
I'm currently switching back and forth between a pimped out Fireball or EK. My ES armor only has 5 links so not sure if I prefer EK, more projectiles, more spells or PCOC. Have to give up two of them at a time. I may give the Tabula Rasa another try now that I'm running Arctic Armour to see if auras alone are sufficient.
Last edited by feyith on Feb 1, 2014, 3:12:38 PM
"
feyith wrote:
I'm currently switching back and forth between a pimped out Fireball or EK. My ES armor only has 5 links so not sure if I prefer EK, more projectiles, more spells or PCOC. Have to give up two of them at a time. I may give the Tabula Rasa another try now that I'm running Arctic Armour to see if auras alone are sufficient.

Cool! Maybe we can get together and I can freeze some higher level maps for you guys.
Update after that minion thread we saw today...

I got my hands on a high level Raging Spirit gem.

Neat things about it:
* Fire damage - so benefits from Infernal Mantle bonuses.
* Minions - so they take the reflect damage instead of me.
* They chase down stray runners - so party members don't have to and can keep close together.

Does not benefit from projectile supports, but more arrows still = summoning more of them.
Last edited by feyith on Feb 3, 2014, 1:02:59 AM
"
feyith wrote:
I got my hands on a high level Raging Spirit gem.

I was considering giving this a try. What lvl have you gotten your Spirit? How is the dmg without any support from the tree? Once you have a bunch of them do they start to have pathing problems?

Thoughts on 5 links - Main attack>CoC>GMP>RS>Minion Dmg, or increased duration, or increased burning
There just happened to be a level 16 sitting in the guild stash. No pathing issues, since they fly. Damage seemed great but they had mad auras. Haven't tried it solo yet so don't know how that would do. In terms of 5th link, I think Increased Duration would give you the most out of it. They only last a few seconds right now.

Edit: Just tried a solo run. Fireball is still much better.
Last edited by feyith on Feb 3, 2014, 4:16:54 PM
"
feyith wrote:
Just tried a solo run. Fireball is still much better.

Oh most assuredly FB, in comparison, is going to decimate in dmg. I was just wondering if RS could substitute for reflect maps. ATM i have to change my armor out completely to one I have setup for EK. And I have some survivability issues in that setup since I can't freeze. I'm wondering with Increased Duration If I could stay on the move and the spirits would do enough dmg to kill while I run around.
Last edited by Juggla1570 on Feb 3, 2014, 6:13:53 PM
Oh, that I don't know. I switched to GMP + Chain to decrease the per hit damage. It seems to work enough for me to go "oh crap!" and stop firing, although I still nuke myself if I forget to turn on Arctic Armour.

Also just discovered Point Blank does not apply to spells so only helps my survivability against off screen Physical Reflect, not stray Fireballs. Not sure if that's worth the 3 points.

Edit: Solved the forgetting Arctic Armour problem by moving it to Cast on Damage Taken. Also considering a Starkonja's Head, which are currently going for a couple of chaos.
Last edited by feyith on Feb 9, 2014, 2:40:36 PM
Update:

Sellia and I are now up to 13 auras between the two of us plus max level Arctic Armour.

No go on the Starkonja's Head. Gimping damage in favor of survivability is too counterproductive. Better to just move slowly, check all rare boss mods before attacking and accept that the occasional insta-gib via off-screen elemental reflect deaths are going to happen.
Last edited by feyith on Mar 14, 2014, 11:25:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info