Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

ZIGGYD's Rain of Arrows Ranger (Top 40 Nemesis 1 Week Race Build) 1.1 Updated!

That 2% leech from the passive note is manna from heaven.

It's a pain in the ass to kill Dominus. I TP'd at least 7-8 times to get it done outleveling him by far, and running some risks. It had would been easier with that note. Should get it ASAP.

Watch out desync in Cruel Brutus. That build is tanky, but is a beast and our DPS sucks.
edit
Last edited by inzomenia on Jan 26, 2014, 1:03:31 PM
Hy there Ziggy and hello to everyone PoE player.
I am playing PoE since Domination started (accidentally decided to try this game at that time, being a huge D2 fan, and many other RPG's).
I've discovered this thread accidentally, i must recon. A few weeks ago, I've tried to make a build(after playing others builds, decided i should come up with something of my own, even if the idea isn't new) that focuses on using 1 item precisely, Chin Sol bow. That, combined with PB ( in my less experienced PoE player mind) could have been a great Phys dmg boost with a good survivability bonus, the knockback. I've decided to use RoA for that build, and it seems it was the best choice.I must admit that your build is more naturally made, taking more things into consideration, than i've had. And i probably will try a mixture between this build and mine.

So, my question is this:
Chin Sol could be a viable bow for this build?( having in mind that when u use this bow u become almost a "melee" ranger, like i've tried with my build).
"
Stormnight wrote:
Hey ZiggyD, thank you for your great videos and your well written guides,

a quick question,

would you rather use a 5 Linked EV/AR Armour with some life/resists or a 6 linked Tabula Rasa?

I play mostly softcore and i am pretty broke because i like to try new builds after my main is able to do maps. ;-)

Got 2 EX left, so i can buy a Tabula Rasa easy.

If your 5 link had some mediocre stats I would stick with it. The 6th link is just going to be more DPS whereas those stats are probably a big survivability boost for you. Not to mention the extra armor and how it'll help with reflect.
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
YouTube.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
Twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
PoE and Strategy Gaming Content
"
ar7ic wrote:
Could you run this build using the bloodmagic keystone? If so when would you take it

You would rush for it asap, level with it until 70 or so and then respec out of it. Personally I don't think it's worth it as this setup is pretty easy to use with BM supports.

And I wouldn't make it a permanent BM character - grace is way too strong an armor boost with IR and Hatred makes up for the lost support gem slot (for the most part).
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
"
jonnyj03 wrote:
RRBG on two pure evasion pieces. Would love to know how many chromes that took you. I have a pair of gloves that I have put over 250 so far into that still I can not get RRBG.

Yeah I highly recommend AR/EV on those slots. Even RRGB isn't right for the cwdt setup, I still need to fix that on my character so i can run molten shell as well.

Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
Lets be real, do I need a 6L to be decent with this build or not.
I love pie.
"
xSyK0TiC wrote:

That depends on what your idea of decent is. At level 79 using Hatred and Haste, I'm only hitting with ~6.5k tooltip dps thanks to a 5L Carcass Jack, a good bow (over 275 pDPS), and crazy life leech with the Carnage Heart Onyx Amulet, which allows me to drop the Life Leech gem from my setup. While I get some bonus damage not listed in the tooltip dps, the build is still comparatively weak. I don't think a 5L build is worth your time unless you have a Carcass Jack and Carnage Heart. If I had a 6L Carcass Jack or bow, I'd be in heaven. You might manage with a Tabula Rasa if you get your resistances up.

On the other hand, the build has good survivability and it is just plain fun once you get Rain of Arrows to hit quickly. If you take Aspect of the Eagle, Weathered Hunter (instead of Resolute Technique), and Leather and Steel, your movement speed will be quite high too. If you carry two The Screaming Eagle Jade Hatchet on your weapon swap, that's 20% extra movement speed on top of your already fast self and the swap doesn't disrupt auras, assuming you don't have them on your weapon. Pop on Haste and you're Speedy Gonzales. Flames shoot out your ass when you use a Quicksilver Flask. You're on another plane of existence with Celerity (not that anyone takes that skill). It's awesome.

I tried hard to do a high crit Acrobatics Rain of Arrows Ranger before this that ran the skill off of mana, and it just doesn't cut it unless you severely sacrifice survivability, which really isn't an option if you want to reach high levels. If you're going Rain of Arrows, this is pretty much the only build I'd recommend. Maybe this suggests that Rain of Arrows is underpowered? I always feel like bow rangers are underpowered in comparison to other builds, though, so maybe it's a skill tree thing, or maybe bow rangers are best reserved for people who like a challenge or rich folks who can get the gear to make any build work.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Jan 29, 2014, 8:16:24 AM
"
Tempada wrote:
"
xSyK0TiC wrote:

That depends on what your idea of decent is. At level 79 using Hatred and Haste, I'm only hitting with ~6.5k tooltip dps thanks to a 5L Carcass Jack, a good bow (over 275 pDPS), and crazy life leech with the Carnage Heart Onyx Amulet, which allows me to drop the Life Leech gem from my setup. While I get some bonus damage not listed in the tooltip dps, the build is still comparatively weak. I don't think a 5L build is worth your time unless you have a Carcass Jack and Carnage Heart. If I had a 6L Carcass Jack or bow, I'd be in heaven. You might manage with a Tabula Rasa if you get your resistances up.

On the other hand, the build has good survivability and it is just plain fun once you get Rain of Arrows to hit quickly. If you take Aspect of the Eagle, Weathered Hunter (instead of Resolute Technique), and Leather and Steel, your movement speed will be quite high too. If you carry two The Screaming Eagle Jade Hatchet on your weapon swap, that's 20% extra movement speed on top of your already fast self and the swap doesn't disrupt auras, assuming you don't have them on your weapon. Pop on Haste and you're Speedy Gonzales. Flames shoot out your ass when you use a Quicksilver Flask. You're on another plane of existence with Celerity (not that anyone takes that skill). It's awesome.

I tried hard to do a high crit Acrobatics Rain of Arrows Ranger before this that ran the skill off of mana, and it just doesn't cut it unless you severely sacrifice survivability, which really isn't an option if you want to reach high levels. If you're going Rain of Arrows, this is pretty much the only build I'd recommend. Maybe this suggests that Rain of Arrows is underpowered? I always feel like bow rangers are underpowered in comparison to other builds, though, so maybe it's a skill tree thing, or maybe bow rangers are best reserved for people who like a challenge or rich folks who can get the gear to make any build work.

Being reserved for those reasons is bullshit.
I love pie.
"
xSyK0TiC wrote:
Being reserved for those reasons is bullshit.

Being reserved? I don't understand what you mean.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info