[1.0.2] One-Hand/Shield Lightning Strike Templar

I really like your build and I am planing on trying it out on my level 80 Templar.
But I was wondering why you don't use LMP with Lightning Strike? Isn't that a must if you want to have sustainable AOE damage?
Because as I see it you can attack very fast with Multistrike but only Single target and no real AOE?

Or do I see that wrong?
"
bloodtiger92 wrote:
I really like your build and I am planing on trying it out on my level 80 Templar.
But I was wondering why you don't use LMP with Lightning Strike? Isn't that a must if you want to have sustainable AOE damage?
Because as I see it you can attack very fast with Multistrike but only Single target and no real AOE?

Or do I see that wrong?

You don't need LMP, especially if you're using Multistrike.

- LMP weakens damage of each individual projectile, which means shorter shock durations. Multistrike already lowers the damage of each individual strike, and I would like to not lower it further if possible.

- AoE coverage at close to medium range is not an issue, since Multistrike auto-targets for you. This means you only "waste" a minimal amount of projectiles at this area range when facing mob packs.

- If you are surrounded, the auto-targeting of Multistrike will have you doing the "disco dance". If you had LMP on, chances are, the extra bolts would have gone to waste, and the ones that do hit would be weaker than if you did not have LMP on.

- At long range, you're only going to hit an enemy with one projectile per LS anyways. Again, LMP weakens each individual projectile.

LMP is more usable if you don't go with Multistrike in my opinion, but you lose out on attack speed, which is one of the focus of the build.
xeroslash - One-Hand/Shield Lightning Strike Templar
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/75285
your build is pretty good but after i tried it, i feel that is greatly inefficient, because lightning strike is underpowered, compared to other aoe melee skills (ground slam, spectral throw, infernal blow)

i will park this build in limbo, hoping for a buff in the next future
IGN:ChristaSwilton(lightning ranger)
Hey man really liking what you have here.

Quick question, any chance you could post a progression leveling trees?

Like per 20 points?

20 points
40 points
60 points
etc, etc? Would really love it because right now I have no idea where to start :(
"
aUnluckyEvent wrote:
your build is pretty good but after i tried it, i feel that is greatly inefficient, because lightning strike is underpowered, compared to other aoe melee skills (ground slam, spectral throw, infernal blow)

i will park this build in limbo, hoping for a buff in the next future

Lightning Strike requires a pretty large investment to deal decent DPS - you definitely need the gears for it. LS was previously nerfed back in beta. I'm currently sitting at ~8k DPS with Hatred active; if I could squeeze out more mana leech from equipment, I could drop Mana Leech from my LS link and replace it with other gems, potentially breaking 10k.

If you want something with less investment, go for Ground Slam - that would be my personal suggestion over Spectral Throw and Infernal Blow.

"
AdvancedTV wrote:
Hey man really liking what you have here.

Quick question, any chance you could post a progression leveling trees?

Like per 20 points?

20 points
40 points
60 points
etc, etc? Would really love it because right now I have no idea where to start :(

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBhMREckA2I020-fAfogAUTQSzAnEyiXflV-LsOBo4p4SQVcAaWfOsqnKpfNlmnvrScH2AVk99UWAaMjbp42o=

From there, grab Static Blows, then go for the health circle near the Scion area, then work toward the Duelist area. I won't be doing step-by-step trees anymore, since everyone has access to different equipment and may feel the need to deviate, which is perfectly okay.
Hey, i got a couple of noobquestions: why you do not have any sort of lifesteal in this build?

Does Iron Reflexes works with Unwavering stance even if you take unwavering stance at first?
"
speicolzo wrote:
Hey, i got a couple of noobquestions: why you do not have any sort of lifesteal in this build?

Does Iron Reflexes works with Unwavering stance even if you take unwavering stance at first?

You can get life leech from equipment. If you're referring to the Blood Drinker node, feel free to get it if you're lacking in the equipment area; once you feel you can spec away from it, you can just refund it.

Due to the path you travel on the skill tree, you'll be picking up Unwavering Stance first anyways. Iron Reflexes can be saved for last and I personally wouldn't prioritize it over Unwavering Stance, but you're free to experiment!
Used to play a LS Templar back in the days and recently dug him out again. tbh it's a bit lackluster currently, I feel like the damage is really underwhelming. Not ready to give it up just yet, though. I'll make sure to drop in every now and then to check your progress.
A thing I noticed: Pair your LS with Increased Physical Damage gem rather than WED - LS generates it's damage from physical, you'll get more DPS out of it.
"
Vollwertkost wrote:
Used to play a LS Templar back in the days and recently dug him out again. tbh it's a bit lackluster currently, I feel like the damage is really underwhelming. Not ready to give it up just yet, though. I'll make sure to drop in every now and then to check your progress.
A thing I noticed: Pair your LS with Increased Physical Damage gem rather than WED - LS generates it's damage from physical, you'll get more DPS out of it.

LS has been nerfed since the beta days, but if you can stack enough equipment, it can still do viable DPS. I'm currently rolling around the 8k mark.

The Melee Physical Damage support gem only affects the melee-ranged swing from LS. The tooltip DPS you see in-game corresponds with the melee swing - it does not take the projectile damage at all. In other words, if you're trying to peg targets from a distance, the Melee Physical Damage gem doesn't help you with that at all.

This is the same reason why we take "% Increased Physical Damage from (insert weapon type name here)" rather than "% Increased Melee Physical Damage" nodes when it comes to picking offensive nodes on the passive skill tree. The "physical damage from weapon" nodes do not care if your hit is melee or not, thus it affects both the projectile portion of LS as well as the melee swing. As LS has 30% less projectile damage by default, we opt for Iron Grip as well as any pure physical damage boosts we can get (that isn't explicitly melee) to compensate.
Noob question.

Why in the start of the Templar tree, you decided to go with Physical instead taking the Elemental Damage path?

For example go so: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjOFz7SBG113GtQTkIilP7DiCm1fid-UyiQSzFE2iAAJx8B-0-Q==
Last edited by Tuche on Nov 23, 2013, 3:50:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info