[1.0.2] One-Hand/Shield Lightning Strike Templar

Great build so far.

Just wondering:
Which are the primal stats for the build?
Is the build dueable with an Axe? (just got one, much better than my old mace)
Last edited by Saethwir on Mar 2, 2013, 7:01:14 PM
Hey everyone! I recently moved and haven't had much time to play PoE, but I'll answer some questions. I'll update the first post later, although it doesn't seem like the newest updates broke any of the skill trees (thankfully!).

"
Question,

In this build, why do you not get

Inner Force - 18%
- Buff Effect - 6%
- Buff Effect - 6%

That's a good one - remember that my build is still a work in progress, and I will keep this in mind as something to test with once I get a few more level ups. In the meantime, feel free to try it - with the amount of auras you're running, it'll definitely help.

"
Simonsworld wrote:
Hey nice build so far.
I'm wondering if you would recommend to have rings or an amulet with + elemental damage?

I was also wondering what you think about double strike. I got a quality gem for that and I think that it's similar if not better to heavy strike vs single targets.

Cheers

Thanks!

Elemental damage on equipment definitely helps! I will be updating my first post with my current equipment soon. As for Double Strike, I do not think you will be able to realize its fullest potential simply because you'll need high amounts of Dexterity for higher levels, but if you're specced more heavily into Dexterity, feel free to try it out.

"
Loya wrote:
Ehm... How do you use a sword if you don't get any dex nodes in the passive tree?

I get most of my Dexterity via equipment. If you don't have the equipment for it, then you will have to sacrifice some skill points for Dex nodes.

"
enki113 wrote:
Thx for the build mate, currently im running with this and its a lot of fun. Cheers.

Thanks, feel free to tinker it to your likings!

"
Saethwir wrote:
Great build so far.

Just wondering:
Which are the primal stats for the build?
Is the build dueable with an Axe? (just got one, much better than my old mace)

Axe should be doable too - it also requires Strength and Dexterity. Just pick up the axe nodes in place of the sword nodes and you should be good - this will probably involve some tinkering with the skill tree.
xeroslash - One-Hand/Shield Lightning Strike Templar
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/75285
that Brood Locket amulet.....how on earth did you get that!?!?!? lol id love to do your build but Dex wise its not going to well and that locket is beast lol
Currently have this build at level 33, yet I only have 104 dps. I'm not sure if that is low or not but it seems to be a little low. Would this be a gear problem or does it just take a while for the builds dps to pick up?
hi,

i will build basically the same thing and this is my take on it in the passive tree

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAhMREckA2I020-fAfBLOiABRNMol35Vfi7Dg62Bo4LdKnhJBVwBpZ82aerKr60iftcqlwfTbpHRTz3RkufNmplYBWJKrjao9GTDXUj9lhGjJPfRmF0NAzlijFud1XDVFgm6HPZXM_877vDvIv0iGRzvuqZ71VxkGM51KezaC07m8Wb1RJpzBwPl8_Aef3vhQgMBn2SDbon8tQR-eujM9ko6-i5FFQUBpVEPBYYwY5YSHG2D38ecCE7xLhfLju2ZuDdO0pLlPfeu9Y26yvYEsFLUCgIWCeucEH1340NR0mbI2E2WVNR35uab6nAnGrxYcp

will start now, wish me luck ;)
The guide has been updated!

"
SerDakota wrote:
that Brood Locket amulet.....how on earth did you get that!?!?!? lol id love to do your build but Dex wise its not going to well and that locket is beast lol

I play mostly self-found and the amulet was one of my better finds. I'm currently aiming for an Astramentis.

"
Flamzwa wrote:
Currently have this build at level 33, yet I only have 104 dps. I'm not sure if that is low or not but it seems to be a little low. Would this be a gear problem or does it just take a while for the builds dps to pick up?

This would be a gear problem; early on, try to at least have Lightning Strike linked to Weapon Elemental Damage. As far as weapons are concerned, you should prioritize weapon physical damage over weapon elemental damage. For gears, cheap base gears like Rustic Sashes and Iron Rings provide a decent foundation for that. You won't be getting much in the way of offensive nodes early on, so your gears will have to do the bulk of the work (and still will until the end).

"
Knuckbert wrote:
hi,

i will build basically the same thing and this is my take on it in the passive tree

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAhMREckA2I020-fAfBLOiABRNMol35Vfi7Dg62Bo4LdKnhJBVwBpZ82aerKr60iftcqlwfTbpHRTz3RkufNmplYBWJKrjao9GTDXUj9lhGjJPfRmF0NAzlijFud1XDVFgm6HPZXM_877vDvIv0iGRzvuqZ71VxkGM51KezaC07m8Wb1RJpzBwPl8_Aef3vhQgMBn2SDbon8tQR-eujM9ko6-i5FFQUBpVEPBYYwY5YSHG2D38ecCE7xLhfLju2ZuDdO0pLlPfeu9Y26yvYEsFLUCgIWCeucEH1340NR0mbI2E2WVNR35uab6nAnGrxYcp

will start now, wish me luck ;)

Good luck! I suggest picking up Berserking if you can; also, I personally am starting to gravitate toward the health nodes near the Scion starting area rather than the Marauder area.
Last edited by shyftyx on Nov 11, 2013, 3:32:36 PM
Hi there,

I've pretty much just started this, and I know this is probably quite an ask but I was wondering - do you think this build would be able to be played as Duelist as well? If so do you think you could create a passive tree build that would help ease into the game for a new-starter?

If not, I guess I'll just have to play as an old man :-P

Regards.
"
Juked wrote:
Hi there,

I've pretty much just started this, and I know this is probably quite an ask but I was wondering - do you think this build would be able to be played as Duelist as well? If so do you think you could create a passive tree build that would help ease into the game for a new-starter?

If not, I guess I'll just have to play as an old man :-P

Regards.

The closest Duelist counterpart I found was this: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/460168

The skill tree is very similar, except it skips the Phalanx shield nodes near the Templar tree and opts for the Marauder starter nodes. Iron Reflexes comes pretty late in my build, but it's another omission as well. Feel free to tinker with the skill tree from that guide and go from there.

Also note that I do not utilize Blood Magic. It's up to your preferences.
Last edited by shyftyx on Nov 11, 2013, 11:20:06 PM
Hey mate,

I really like your build so far and was wondering whether it might be viable using fire as the elemental theme instead of lightning? I've always been fond of the whole "righteous fire" motif.

Do you think you might be able to give me some advice about gems and passives if I were to try and do this?
Updated the first post slightly; currently just sticking to level 1 CwDT until I have time to dig around the math a little more.

"
Valius_Forta wrote:
Hey mate,

I really like your build so far and was wondering whether it might be viable using fire as the elemental theme instead of lightning? I've always been fond of the whole "righteous fire" motif.

Do you think you might be able to give me some advice about gems and passives if I were to try and do this?

Sorry, haven't looked into this in depth before so I don't have any firm suggestions. You'll probably have better luck digging around the forums.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info