"Everyone in Diablo 3 uses the same skills, passives"

"
nGio wrote:

Neither game is "difficult". They're both hack n slash, and to each his own. There is no reason to personally insult someone, because their opinion differs from your own. Grow up :D

I never insulted him. I only stated a fact. It isn't an opinion.
Last edited by mushioov on Jan 13, 2014, 9:30:00 AM
PoE is full of fanboys, I think 5% of the player base are actually respectable. If you can't accept PoE suffers from the same problems D3 did then you need to grow up :)
I am using no aura and only 150% life nodes for my EA build, and rely heavily on Immortal Call.

But you know, in D3, the similar invincible monk skill never delays after I press the button, but in here, IC always does for more than half a second and has already put my marauder in danger for countless times.
You won't have my gear.
"
mushioov wrote:
"
nGio wrote:

Neither game is "difficult". They're both hack n slash, and to each his own. There is no reason to personally insult someone, because their opinion differs from your own. Grow up :D

It's not a fact lol, grow up.
The difference is that in D3 once you have 1 character of any class you don't ever need to make another because you have access to every single skill at the exact same power as every other player of that class. There is absolutely 0 diversity between one monk and another monk aside from the gear they put on. That's why D3 is garbage and I stopped playing it to play this. D2 was MUCH more customizable and had 100 times better PvP, very large fail on blizzards part.

Conversely I could make 100 templars with none of them being the same as someone else's templar. Quite a difference IMO.
Last edited by Cribstaxx on Jan 13, 2014, 9:32:02 AM
"
I guess we're meant to overlook the fact that everyone uses life nodes, auras and curses here...

If different players use different auras, i find diversity there. Also, there are builds that dont use auras at all (Blood Magic), and they are viable, at least, in party.

Same for curses - different players use different curses.

The only thing i have to agree with there are life nodes. I have to admit, players ARE forced to take life nodes, a BULK of life nodes if they want to use life (ES ones also should take ES nodes, but not so many of them). This is due to "unique" bonus life nodes provide - % increased maximum life (and % life regen) cant be gained through items or skills (except very few uniques), thus forcing players to go hulking life.

But even with Path of Life nodes, there is MUCH more diversity than in D3.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jan 13, 2014, 9:32:56 AM
"
Cribstaxx wrote:
The difference is that in D3 once you have 1 character of any class you don't ever need to make another because you have access to every single skill at the exact same power as every other player of that class. There is absolutely 0 diversity between one monk and another monk aside from the gear they put on. That's why D3 is garbage and I stopped playing it to play this. D2 was MUCH more customizable and had 100 times better PvP, very large fail on blizzards part.

Conversely I could make 100 templars with none of them being the same as someone else's templar. Quite a difference IMO.

The one plus side to D3 was that running magic find in HC leagues wasn't as taxing with the Paragon Levels. Running high level maps solo in Nemesis with mf gear just isn't fun.
Forum probation for calling someone a 'troll', so I lifetime banned myself from spending money on PoE.
"
mushioov wrote:
"
ffogell wrote:

D3 as better battle system/gameplay : in d3 , you can chain some abilities to get more dps ,etc, the game play is a bit more deep)

It can sure seem deep if you have < 100 IQ.
In reality, though, PoE stands on Hadalpelagic Zone vs. D3's Epipelagic Zone.

I was comparing both :P i mean a lot of D3 abilities with runes has dual use and give more possibilities on how to use your abilities , and you can output more damage with some chaining or timing, actually i find my monk more depth in gameplay than any character i played in PoE (which is all about, totem there, curse this, and them spam main)

while they can be repetitive , its a bit harder to get your maximum dps output in D3 than in PoE (having both optimal gear) because in D3 you have more choice on how to use your abilities and time them.

And there is a bit more synergy in group play because of that than in PoE which its all about aura and curse(which synergize quite bad in my opinion in group play).

"
nGio wrote:

The one plus side to D3 was that running magic find in HC leagues wasn't as taxing with the Paragon Levels. Running high level maps solo in Nemesis with mf gear just isn't fun.

At least we have high level maps to run instead of "you guys ready for the 400th crypt?? it's gonna be awesome just like the last 399, I'm actually about to hit paragon 30, woohoo!" With the same amount of hours to get paragon 100 in D3 you could attain enough currency to buy that gear in PoE.

Lol not to mention paragon is their only end game. Their new strat is to just make paragon levels infinite (cause that = infinite replayability right? lol).
"
Peenk wrote:
"
mushioov wrote:

It's not a fact lol, grow up.

"
Peenk wrote:
PoE is full of fanboys, I think 5% of the player base are actually respectable. If you can't accept PoE suffers from the same problems D3 did then you need to grow up :)

"PoE suffers from the same problems D3 did" is not a fact, it's an opinion. Grow up.
IGN : @Morgoth

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info