Constant crashes/bug reports

Act 2, Chamber of sins, constant crash and get me BSOD, it has to be fixed.

Edit : Dark Forest map is crashing too. Srsly, is it Alpha ? I played closed bêta and never had such BSOD due to a game ...
Edit 2: The game seems to dislike my sound card, I used the path trick to avoid crashes. My card is a soundblaster from Creative.
Last edited by Lylli on Jan 27, 2013, 8:59:28 AM
For those of you who are unable to progress anymore, try this:

"
If you are crashing a lot while changing areas, I suggest changing the texture quality down to "medium".

If it persists, try adding "-gc 2" as a command-line argument to the game. If THAT doesn't work, try "-gc 1". These options make the game unload resources more quickly, reducing the memory footprint, but it increases loading times between areas.

You can add those options to the target path in a shortcut to the game.

Posting your system specs could also be useful.

It helped me a huge amount, no more crashes so far, and I was also unable to play yesterday.
Same bug here, I re-installed the game, let me see if know I dun crash :) even so, Awesome game!
"
Outasight wrote:
For those of you who are unable to progress anymore, try this:

"
If you are crashing a lot while changing areas, I suggest changing the texture quality down to "medium".

If it persists, try adding "-gc 2" as a command-line argument to the game. If THAT doesn't work, try "-gc 1". These options make the game unload resources more quickly, reducing the memory footprint, but it increases loading times between areas.

You can add those options to the target path in a shortcut to the game.

Posting your system specs could also be useful.

It helped me a huge amount, no more crashes so far, and I was also unable to play yesterday.

this! no more chrashes for me too! i also added the argument --nosound.
everything is explained in this thread http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/77224
Last edited by Xares on Jan 27, 2013, 9:36:47 AM
new problem :/
when i enter the waterfall cave in act 2 it kick me out to login screen and in the bottom left it says something like "the terrain generator for your client is out of sync with the server"
tyred it 10 times now :(
This is a serious bug/problem that happens to a lot of people.. I really like the game and want to play it , but if this error keeps happening and GM's can't/won't do anything about it ,as sad as it sounds I'll be forced to quit along with many other people. I'm sure alot of other people think the same.. game rocks but this error is so irritating. I want to play the game with sound and without crashing everytime I enter a new area. So please can any GM give a response to this thread about the current status on this bug. Thanks in advance..
IGN: DiamondDestiny
I receive a similar error:
http://i.imgur.com/8SVbHcw.png

Act 3 normal - Marketplace
"
OnurDAW wrote:
This is a serious bug/problem that happens to a lot of people.. I really like the game and want to play it , but if this error keeps happening and GM's can't/won't do anything about it ,as sad as it sounds I'll be forced to quit along with many other people. I'm sure alot of other people think the same.. game rocks but this error is so irritating. I want to play the game with sound and without crashing everytime I enter a new area. So please can any GM give a response to this thread about the current status on this bug. Thanks in advance..

^
played 30min, got 5! crashes, even with the - gc 1/2 solution, i run permanently out of memory when i switch zones.
so frustrating + teh queue everytime, unplayble :<
removed frustrated post
Metamorph IGN: WontGoAway
Last edited by NiceTry on Jan 27, 2013, 2:47:46 PM
texture quality down to "medium" solving the problem

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info