[1.0.6] Lunys' LA / Frenzy High End Crit Ranger GUIDE (in-depth analysis) 3 VIDEOS

I love this build'm still pretty small and but a beginner thanks
I looked through as many pages as I could so if this has been asked already please forgive me.

Why do you say to only use a 3 link with Cast on Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Enduring Cry?

I set it up in a 4 link with increased duration, is there any reason not to do this?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer!
-Jeff
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

@RasalGhulAvenged
"
jeffadkins51 wrote:
I looked through as many pages as I could so if this has been asked already please forgive me.

Why do you say to only use a 3 link with Cast on Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Enduring Cry?

I set it up in a 4 link with increased duration, is there any reason not to do this?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer!
-Jeff

Nope, there is no reason not to do this.
But the advantage is so minor, that i never felt like chroming my boots to 4 offcolour red.
Also keep in mind that even a single socket can be precious when using kaoms heart.
Once an exile, always an exile.
Last edited by Lunys on Feb 15, 2014, 2:08:24 PM
subbed
IGN: SpinnyWinny
Hi, great build.

Have been using it for awhile and I have just a couple of questions.

1) There was a few bows around the same quality for mirroring, one with Pure dps and one with lightning damage. Why did you find yourself taking the Pdps one rather than one with a bit of elemental damage.

2) I have found that if you swap out power charge on crit for crit multiplier, then swap to +frenzy from Alira, that frenzy damage significantly increases, but lightning arrow decreases (when on full PC stacks).

The numbers:
Frenzy with Kraityn's buff and crit multi=59897k
Frenzy with power charge and power charge from Alira=54793
LA with buff from Kraityn= 9485
La with buff from Alira/power charge stacks= 12175

Significant increase in LA damage. Would you say the loss from frenzy (5104dps)is worth it?

Regards.
1.is the extra 14 points just to get blood magic keystone really worth it? wouldn't 2 auras be better dmg and defense wise?

2.would a pure evasion build be possible?

3.Pure evasion build and and no blood magic keystone thoughts?

4.what kind of health can i expect without a koams hearth?
Last edited by Fireball606 on Mar 2, 2014, 9:03:05 PM
my build for the new league :)
"
Alkaladar wrote:
Hi, great build.

Have been using it for awhile and I have just a couple of questions.

1) There was a few bows around the same quality for mirroring, one with Pure dps and one with lightning damage. Why did you find yourself taking the Pdps one rather than one with a bit of elemental damage.

2) I have found that if you swap out power charge on crit for crit multiplier, then swap to +frenzy from Alira, that frenzy damage significantly increases, but lightning arrow decreases (when on full PC stacks).

The numbers:
Frenzy with Kraityn's buff and crit multi=59897k
Frenzy with power charge and power charge from Alira=54793
LA with buff from Kraityn= 9485
La with buff from Alira/power charge stacks= 12175

Significant increase in LA damage. Would you say the loss from frenzy (5104dps)is worth it?

Regards.

1. Physical damage scales best ... so pure phys is what you want to get.

2. If you remove power charge on crit from frenzy, you won't have any way to generate power charges anymore. Also the dps gain on frenzy is not worth it.

"
Fireball606 wrote:
1.is the extra 14 points just to get blood magic keystone really worth it? wouldn't 2 auras be better dmg and defense wise?

2.would a pure evasion build be possible?

3.Pure evasion build and and no blood magic keystone thoughts?

4.what kind of health can i expect without a koams hearth?

1. I explained countless times why i chose to play without any auras. Also this build is impossible without bloodmagic, because you will never regenerate or leech mana fast enough to sustain your mana pool. The option to use a bloodmagic gem instead... defies the purpose of dropping the keystone.

2. Without major build changes... its unlikely.

3. nope

4. about 4k... hardly enough for endgame content or reflect in particular.
Once an exile, always an exile.
"Vaal Pact no longer suppresses life recovery from flasks. It still prevents life regeneration and now also reduces your leech by 60%."

Any thoughts on this passive change? It seems pretty build breaking for this build looking at it in its current state.
Last edited by Alkaladar on Mar 4, 2014, 5:49:55 AM
"
Alkaladar wrote:
"Vaal Pact no longer suppresses life recovery from flasks. It still prevents life regeneration and now also reduces your leech by 60%."

Any thoughts on this passive change? It seems pretty build breaking for this build looking at it in its current state.

I wonder the same thing... my ranger is now lvl 90 and fully equipped and the nerf to Vaal Pact could be completely vanished its effectivness, above all versus reflect (that suddenly will become a terrible issue).
I'm thinking about respec without taking iron reflex and the nodes on the left side of vaal pact and take instead hearth of oak, acrobatics, phase acrobatics and ondar's guile. Also remove LL gem from LA replacing with life gain on hit, while mantaining LL 20% on frenzy.

How about these changes? Is LGOH enough to sustain reflect dmg according to you?

Thx for help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info