Known Issues & Common Technical Problems

"
korghy wrote:

Hi,

See my post: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73322/page/12#p1130354

Do not execute the step "C" ( you don't need it ) and let me know if it works. I had the same problem, but i have only 4GB RAM. Now, i can play for a long time and no more crashes at all. In my case, the problem was solved.

Good Luck!
Regards, Korgh

Hi Korgh !

Thanks for your answer and you other helping topics. I've read all the references. It seems it was the step "B" which was not for me.

Here is what I did:
* Pack Check: no output so I guess all went OK.
* "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072": no visual output, guess OK.
* option -gc 2 to the client.exe

Reboot and rerun the game. The gameplay was fine, all was OK in the forest with massive utilisation of lightning strike. So it seems it was all efficient but it crashed again when changing zones... So I decided to turn the shadows off and set the texture to "medium". I was afraid this kind of texture would be visually bad but it is not the case: game's still pretty nice. All went fine in the following test (few minutes only), game and zone travelling.

I guess I would need a 64 bits windows to reset the texture to high and have the shadows back... RAM is not the main issue here I would say.

Anyway, thanks a lot !
Grim.
IGN: Grimmy_ThunderFury
"
Hi, I downloaded the "Pack Check" and put it in the PoE folder and followed the steps but after I tap the commands, it stucks by "Checking pack file Content.ggpk..."

Please help me! Thanks in Advance.

Be patient. It took several minutes in my case then the prompt came back with no messages. I guess if there is an error, you will see something.
IGN: Grimmy_ThunderFury
"
Gieron wrote:
died to a tp zoning in loading screen, which is apperently fixed acoording to the last patch notes... so yea

Usually happens to me in act 3, especially when going from a full player packed town into TP. Luckily, I am not playing HC. For exactly such reasons. I don't have a beast pc neither but by default the game puts me at highest quality.

Died at piety 6 times today in a group and when i do, there's no need to press Resurrect, it's gonna DC anyway so it's faster to just abort ^.-
When a shadow falls, death isn't far away.
Okay so I just downloaded the game and I ran the client. Once it was done downloading, I press launch and I get a frozen blank screen (not full windowed), and then when I hear music playing in the background it crashes.

I don't think I have the right graphics card, since my computer is a refab, but it didn't say anything about that. I get the D3d error message, a DirectX message, and a third one.

Should I be playing this on a computer that will actually run it, or does it have minimum requirements? What are those minimum system requirements? I can't find any listed on the website. Is it in the forums?
"
khanman07 wrote:
i cant see my map. what should i do? i see my x as orange and the white x's but that is it. no map at all its frustrating. i have installed this many times and it is pissing me off. It is frustrating because i have to run aorund for hours looking for things and i am only level 12 because i cant see anything on my map.

The same thing is happening to me, any solutions?

"
Smrdo91 wrote:
Found the problem!!!! You need to instal DirectX that you have in file Redist (dxsetup).

This one doesn't help in my case
Last edited by jchorzepa on Feb 10, 2013, 4:56:21 AM
I'm getting an error when installing "PathOfExileInstaller.msi".

After a few seconds the installer stops and there's a message saying that "The cabinet file 'Core.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package."

Anyone got any ideas? I couldn't find a solution anywhere.
OK SO NO ANSWER AFTER MORE THEN 1 WEEK ??? AND I SEE SUPPROT ANSWER TO THE GUY POSTING RIGHT AFTER ME ?? INSULT ME ITS SAME, FUCK YOU SHIT SUPPORT NOT GIVING A FUCK ABOUT PEOPLE
Hello everybody am Drawner. I'm watching the open beta in about two demanas this game and I have found everything that was missing in the other games. some things I thought were really cool the fact that there is a universal kind of money that makes things most interesting. the maps are great with the right size and construction, are also random maps it makes the experience even better. I think this is the only game that treats all players as equals or is the money you put in the game does not affect your gameplay. And since we've become a fan of this game I would suggest maybe some suggestions that might improve the playability of the game even more and I realized some things that are missing.

1: put the system captcha those little letters are more boring save a game. Every day is easier and acesivel find bots / macros (illegal programs to facilitate the game) so this is a form of prevention. Because if the game starts to fill with bots / macros though the game does not have a system of currency, the exchange of items can be expensive and increasingly monopolized.

2: improve the system and the effects of skills. I have not read very well what packages are gold, what I understood was that they embellish the game they do not know the effects of changes in abilities. More in my opinion some of the skills were to be desired animation effect, acresentem a lights make the thing more lively.

3: I played only two clases fortãodo the Witch and the barbarian, witch attack systems and skills it seemed very good so that was very strange barbaro you attack with it, I do not know but it was bad when you will hit bixo one was something very precise I think, say that you have to be very careful when selecting the animal will not be your damage and your mana will not come, alias a good tip for you guys if you would strike a blow or a spell and she gives a damage equal to zero all the mana you spent on it should be recuperarda.

4: improve some animations, some animal that has not seem to be pretty excited in Act 1 so sometimes they are not entitled mechem not know if this error is related to animation or programming itself (astificial intelligence).

5: aparecian improvements with respect to the interface. opening game (entry screen) could be a bit more attractive, that screen is the first impression that people get when logam the game then maintaining it is always good with a pick or a quality better than other parts of the same game this is just an "illusion". Also found something missing in the menus of fine skills he's pretty cool shortcuts and everything, I'm criticizing the displays hp and mana, they might well be the most attractive type puts some ripples in them, makes them gorgulhando, because something the way that this was not very nice.

6: The items of perssonagens are very pale, I imagine they are part of the paid part of the game so to speak (to shine) in my ipinião more items are all very similar to each other you do not know when exchanged for an item a new, so everything looks the same. So it is possible to improve.

7: A friend of mine walked me telling you (the creators of this game) are a small team of a few people (20 people). It is predictable that you are not tempted to make a profit like other gaming providers, it is also predictable that you must have devoted much time and resources when I say resources I mean the money invested in the game. So the conclusion I reach is that why? why not make this into a paid game? if the intention is for you to improve your game and recover the money invested why not choose this path, it may not be very pleasant for most people more when you play this game the first time you wonder how this game is free to play. The structure that you have created this height to be charged to be played. So why not do it?

8: create an urgent translation for this game please I ask you to open a server for the americas region that is completely translated into Spanish and Portuguese (mainly Portuguese ehehe) is very annoying to play a game where you do not know his story not Right know what things mean. Pocha I bet there are people who could donate their voices and their time in a dubbing function and a complete translation of the game, has a site here in my parents who already traduzio several titles and several famous game, maybe if you have them authorize this make this work I'm sure they would accept the job site I refer to is the http://www.gamevicio.com/ enterese if they have contact with them.

So here I leave my opinion you are making history, never seen a game so balanced with so many features, with an amazing graphic, all players were matched to each other on equal terms. Hell are you on track the only thing missing are the final adjustment.

(The words above were 100% translated in google translator Portuguese to English then it is possible that there may be some errors or grammarians of agreement)
To
"
Drawner

I suppose that your "extended" thread should be posted in "Suggestions" or "General Discussion".
I have read your post and i did not found anything related to the most common problems found by the people like:

Game crash
Installer issues
Connection problems
Sound Card and Map loading error
Content.ggpk file corrupted
New bugs from patches (very normal and acceptable considering the game complexity)
etc..

By the way, even if you are not confortable to write in english you should carefully explore the forum and post to the correct topic.

Doing this you can contribute to avoid spreading off-topic threads and populate the entire forum with opinons/suggestions out of the main topic context.

I'm sure that your post is very wellcome and usefull for all of us (gamers) and to the GGG Team.

Thanks

Korgh

P.S: MODs --> Can you move this to the correct section?
The Real Korgh since Diablo I
Last edited by korghy on Feb 13, 2013, 7:08:08 AM
Hey Guys dunno if this is the right place to post but my game crash's every time im near the broken bridge here is the details it's giving me if they help in anyway thank you.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Client.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 511b0fcf
Fault Module Name: igdumdx32.dll
Fault Module Version: 8.15.10.2302
Fault Module Timestamp: 4d558979
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00010b5e
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.2
Locale ID: 5129
Additional Information 1: 0a9e