We welcome First Impression posts! Please be nice to those posts.

Act 4, second map so far !

Hi there,

so as I don't like to repeat the same map over and over I denied to play the old version POE and now after I heard that this "you have to do it 3x to finish the game" feature has been ditched, I started last Friday to have a look !

Congratulation, as I enjoyed it so far for what it is, an Action Hack and Slash Game, it even has more RPG Features as many so called Real RPGs ...

but even I am new, the normal Gameplay is to easy or better said not intresting enough ...

the only map I really enjoyed was that special Labyrinth , where it wasn't possible to use the Town Portal and when you "Died" you had to start over.
THAT WAS GREAT , as it was always a decision between GREED and to be secure ...

I really would like such mechanics a lot more for many other maps you encounter and as I am now at the second map of ACT 4, it could be a little bit harder and with that PERMADEATH feeling, but only that you are back in town and the map is resetted !
Maybe also include a resurrection timer(NOT TO LONG) , if you are playing with friends , so that Co-Op for that maps should be rewarded !

And that housing, oh please let us choose what BACKGROUND AMBIENT we would like, some are really terrible, when you spent a lot of time there. It should be nice for the player and friends to be there.
Please that would be great ... also are there beds to buy from the masters ? But I only have them at level 2-4 , so maybe later.
aaah and maybe a showcase, where we could put our special items to show them to our friends :-)

So all in all I enjoyed it and rewarded it with buying a supporter pack and 200 points !
That is how it should be done, if you are proud of your product :-)

Anyway wish the devs the best and much success to be able, that we would see more ADDONs or POE II with even more possibilities and features ...

PS: That so called WEAPON MASTER is a joke, two hits and he is done LOL ... HARDER !!!

PPS: A feature, where we could INSPECT our Guildmembers , even when they are OFFLINE , this should be also possible for the Webversion
Last edited by FlashXAron on Aug 11, 2017, 3:25:04 PM
okay since ive been playing this league from start, this is what it comes down to:

pros: game looking better than ever, areas look fun, bosses are really well done and some are truly adorable such as brine king, solaris, lunaris etc. expansion has really good content. acts werent reused but not completely new so it still feels immersive, probably it couldnt have been done better imo.

cons: monsters especially in acts 5 and 6 are very hard and you die all the time, bosses have insane hp and hit way too hard, harbingers dont really add anything special to the game.

story is really sad and it pisses me off, pretty much everyone dies and fuck that. also, whenever you see a quest named "save some person", spoiler alert, that person is fucking dead already! oh except for bannon in act 10, he survives but dies like 10 min after so yay to that. tldr: fuck the story

cons that probably wont be cons for too long: standard chars have to do the skill quests again, i guess this was due to pressure for the new patch so im sure ggg will fix this eventually, nothing to worry about. no new hideout decors although some areas look lovely, for example new lunaris with those blue carpets omg adorable and i want them. skills not balanced but better than before at least!

final verdict: 9.5/10

fucking good patch, obviously they spent a lot of time making it and thats not going unnoticed!
"
raics wrote:
If we assume the usual cutoff point for a build is around level 90 these days, the way I see it - if you can reach it in reasonable timeframe your build works, if it takes too long or you can't do it at all it's probably missing something. It's nothing similar to games like Dark Souls, the purpose of XP penalty in games like this is to help you evaluate your progress.

I'd rather say, the XP Penalty only serves to artificially prolong the end game and caters to the arrogant elitist crowd. For me it simply says the game is badly and cheaply designed. Alright, cheap is fair as the game is for free. Badly sticks.

I had come back to try the new game but first impressions and all will mean that it is still a game that cannot be recommended.
END THIS SHEET LEAGUE. for 90lvl Drop only 3Exa Shard.

Fuk this Feil season, and Fuk low lvl up from 6/7/8/9/10 Acts

SHeet League sheet season.

EDING THIS SHEET.

AND FIX Underground Sea map - THIS SHEET MAP DONT DROP ANY MAP 9-12 TIER. I FARM THIS MAP 7TIMES!!!!!! AND 0 MAP 9-12lvl is droped. fuk game

ZANA QUESTS over 20TIMES and - 0 QUEST MAP TO UP EXPIRIENS, DETH GAME

BREACH IS VERY LOW DROP Splinter and RINGS !!!!!!! WHAY U SO BADLY WORK FROM YOU GAME?

KAOM 370chaos, WHAY U SO KILLING ES? YES??? KILLING ES BUILDS?? Sheet GOOD NEWS but KAOM is 370CHAOS and Xop Blood is - 600chaos??? Realy????

SO ADD NEW ARMOR FROM HP OR LITTLE FIX ES BUILD.
Last edited by Hunter8X8Hunter on Aug 13, 2017, 11:50:10 PM
"
Valandhir wrote:
I'd rather say, the XP Penalty only serves to artificially prolong the end game and caters to the arrogant elitist crowd. For me it simply says the game is badly and cheaply designed. Alright, cheap is fair as the game is for free. Badly sticks.

You probably have no clue of all the things needed to reach the final boss of the game, of how to do it, and of the time to get there, without even accounting for xp.

You haven't even reached 70, how could you know anything ...

Why throwing stones at others that did something that you have no actual knowledge/experience of ?

Seem like very "cheap" feedback to me there.

"
story is really sad and it pisses me off, pretty much everyone dies and fuck that.

Far from everyone dies, however having enough people dying in such a world makes it more consistent, more immersive, imho.
If all the "good" characters would survive, it would be silly ...
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 13, 2017, 1:45:12 PM
Hey Fruz, read the title of the thread.

It's Carl's thread, not yours. It's for first impressions from new players ONLY. Not a place for you to troll every user who gives a negative review. If Carl feels it necessary to respond, he will.

Scram and let the thread be what it was intended to be.
Hey The_reporter, read the title of the section.

And stop flooding the forum with pointless posts please, you are shadowing people's feedback with no reason but to push people to antagonism.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 13, 2017, 10:38:41 PM
"
Qarl wrote:
Hi,

We have a lot of first impression posts at the moment, and I can't individually address them, but thanks! How people interact and experience the game the first time is important to us. If the feedback is negative, special thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts! We much prefer getting feedback than not.

Existing players: we appreciate your thoughts too, but please don't flame the people providing negative opinions about their first impressions. It may well be because they don't understand something you do, but we need to know what those things are.

Bolded for you, Fruz.
So just because you actually started flamming me without even really reading what I meant, let me enlighten you :

"
Fruz wrote:
Why throwing stones at others that did something that you have no actual knowledge/experience of ?

The bolded word indicates that this is a question.
A question that, if answered, might serve providing actually constructive feedback, more constructive than the original message.

Now, I am not going to continue your usual troll dance, feel free to go flamming others if that pleases you, as it seems it does.

You wasted 4 posts of this thread with your attitude, good job.
Actually putting more unnecessary nonsense in a feedback related thread.
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 14, 2017, 12:31:29 AM
+ Good Expansion, cool Bosses
+ Good Difficulty Overhaul (for sc)
+ Info Box
+ New Lootfilter meme sounds

- Harbinger League unrewarding and boring
- Sneaky / invisible Volatiles
- Build diversity crushed again
- no return of old coc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type