We welcome First Impression posts! Please be nice to those posts.

i am not here to argue. this is all my personal view. i consider the game now to be insanely hard, enough to kill the desire to play. call me bad or casual, i dont give a flying fuck about that. but if GGG sees this, you might wanna tone it down a little because acts 5+ provide more nerve damage than enjoyement, and since im a relatively middle class player, i am sure many people will agree with me.

tldr: expansion is a great idea, game looks better now, but the difficulty has to be toned down and a lot, unless you want a lot of people out of the game
Not a newcomer, but it looks like it's THE FEEDBACK thread.

I've been playing since a long time, I tried hc, I am by no means a "good" player but I know what I am doing. This league I rolled a ailment bow pathfinder focusing on both bleed and poison.

1. Ailment damage

So far seems... okay. In the lower levels it was kind of meh. The new bleeed chance and lesser poison gem help a lot, especially flat damage part of them. Used them from lvl 1 and I keep using them at 66.

It would be great if my DPS was shifted from initial hit (+hatred, +herald) to ailment damage. Currently I see no way to do that, since decay isn't considered an ailment and there are no auras to do that, other than blasphemy+curse. Maybe that will change once I get Perfect Agony.

2. Act 1-5

Smooth sailing. Really like lab changes. Did normal lab while leveling for the first time since lab release.

3. Act 6-10

Great mob density. Beautiful maps. I like that zones are much bigger. Quests actually felt interesting and very "RPG-ish" if it tells you anything.

Difficulty wise tho. Bosses need to be toned down or redesigned. I died total 67 times. I think 3 deaths have been outside of boss battles. 17 deaths alone are from A10 Kitava. This will impact player retention (wnich is not by business, but GGG's, I don't care about other players on SSF) but more importantly this will impact build diversity. There is no way I could've done any of these bosses deathless. I could facetank the content from A1 - A10, except bosses. I maintained a decent amount of hp and capped resistances (through flasks or auras) and I still got oneshotted or almost oneshotted often.

As it is now, had I been playing hc (wnich I originally planned to, but due to poor connection had to give up on that), I would have to stack life and leech/regen for almost 70 levels straight. And even if that helped me survive boss battles, they would take half an hour to do.

My main gripe is with the tiny fucking boss arenas. What's up with those? The visual clutter is so big. It's hard to see anything. And if you are unlucky there is nowhere to dodge.

K...this is gonna be negative.

I logged in expecting a continuation of the storyline and I was dropped into the middle of a mess. "completed" quests I never completed, characters I never met, the storyline completely spoiled.

For my established chars I had no new content to really play....there are some new side quests but thats it.

I havent even gone to maps yet but my friends say that took a hit too....like annoying major HP for the bosses.

I just logged in today for the first time...and Im sitting in front of the computer with a blank stare trying to figure out what the hell GGG tried to do with this mess and I think I figured it out:

They re-formatted the ENTIRE game...they just didnt expand it.....to make it CONSOLE friendly and adaptable. The PC gamer just got screwed again...just like Blizzard did with Diablo going mainstream...the damn chase for money just screwed POE.

Look, the game looks beautiful graphics wise. But this expansion was for new players, new characters, a different demographic of player, and a different platform.

Bitch at me all you want but this was a big disappointment. Staring....at...the...screen. wtf just happened.
How does Xbox have anything to do with the decision that GGG took regarding characters over a4m and the fact that "low" level content was added to the game ?

GGG likely wanted people to still be able to map on their mapping char, I find it a bit silly that they have not let the players choose what they wanted regarding this ( might be technical limitations there ), but ...
what does it have anything to do with Xbox ???
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 6, 2017, 4:52:19 AM
Major disappointment.

I just logged in today for the first time and realized there was nothing new to play for established characters. Not really.

I was dropped into a mess of "completed" quests I didnt complete myself....and all the expanded storylines were spoiled. There was no CONTINUATION of the original 4 acts......This whole "expansion" was a RE-TOOLING of the entire game.......and wait for it.......wait for it........

To make it ready for the console roll out.

I couldn't figure out what in God's name happened and what GGG was thinking with this. Its a NEW VERSION OF THE SAME CONTENT....not a continuation as we expected. This was a move for the mainstream Console audience.

The PC gamer gets raped again. First Diablo...and now POE.

The new side quests and maps look beautiful....but this was a let down. Big League.

Major disappointment.

I just logged in today for the first time and realized there was nothing new to play for established characters. Not really.

I was dropped into a mess of "completed" quests I didnt complete myself....and all the expanded storylines were spoiled. There was no CONTINUATION of the original 4 acts......This whole "expansion" was a RE-TOOLING of the entire game.......and wait for it.......wait for it........

To make it ready for the console roll out.

I couldn't figure out what in God's name happened and what GGG was thinking with this. Its a NEW VERSION OF THE SAME CONTENT....not a continuation as we expected. This was a move for the mainstream Console audience.

The PC gamer gets raped again. First Diablo...and now POE.

The new side quests and maps look beautiful....but this was a let down. Big League.

As a new player to the game, why would I want to spend 8 hours trying to find a unique name on the character selection screen.

Player attachment is a significant part of player retention. Not having a backend solution for the character naming conflict in 2017 shows why PoE is simply not worth my time.

I will/would not recommend it to a friend solely on this basis. This might seem unfair but when your game is fundamentally flawed from the character selection screen why should players trust a game developer to have done anything else beyond that point correctly.

So I uninstalled the game.
"
TheFu wrote:
As a new player to the game, why would I want to spend 8 hours trying to find a unique name on the character selection screen.

Player attachment is a significant part of player retention. Not having a backend solution for the character naming conflict in 2017 shows why PoE is simply not worth my time.

I will/would not recommend it to a friend solely on this basis. This might seem unfair but when your game is fundamentally flawed from the character selection screen why should players trust a game developer to have done anything else beyond that point correctly.

There are reasons why this is the way it is.

Goodbye.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
TheFu wrote:

There are reasons why this is the way it is.

Goodbye.

An important goal when trying to establish a customer, is the customer's first impression. GGG failed with TheFu. Of course, TheFu will miss out on the more important things that PoE has to offer. But, GGG failed with TheFu and to tell the truth, TheFu does have a point that picking character names in PoE does not live up to the high standards that one has come to expect from GGG.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
I assume the database would have to be restructured if they change the naming system, which could be a lot of work and require a longish downtime. Still, it's a valid complaint, naming freedom is something players have come to expect and ending up with a name like "Ohforf's_sake_is_this_taken_too" is one of those things that spoil the first impression.

And if the game ends up with 10k chars named Drizzt it's still better than 10k Dr_izzts, Draaazts, Durrz_ts and the like. If you want to keep your tidbit of immersion you should never try to mouseover anyone in town, ever.

Also, I'd be hell of a lot more receptive to "it's too much work" that "we want it that way" because for the life of me I can't figure out what kind of purpose it might be serving.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info