We welcome First Impression posts! Please be nice to those posts.

Hi new player here, i use controller because i couldnt really get into using the mouse for movement nowadays as ive gotten use to adws for movement in other games, ive come across a issue which controller players may face compared to kbm players and was hoping for maybe something in the future to address this.

so im currently on endgame maps on my 1st ever playthrough tier 2, and have started to notice that im in dire need of more than the skills i have on 1 skill tree for controller (abxy) buttons, ill use a xbox controller for reference.

currently i have all my buffs on the left trigger grace, banner etc. and on my main a,x,b,y i have vortex, shield charge, flame dash, frostbite.

and val versions on right trigger with creeping frost, cold snap and other skills/spells im currently rotating in and out of the left trigger for spells etc.

the problem i have come across is that as a controller user you are limited to the skills/spells you can use at any one time due to the triggers splitting the skills on the axby buttons which is fine if you main 1 or 2 skills/spells however im noticing the higher tier maps need more damage output and need multiple skills/spells to be used at once any given time to clear the map prior to being killed, now i dont really know how this issue can be addressed its quite tricky maybe a option to link the 4 abxy buttons to multiple skills so you dont need to use 1 skill then hold the trigger then press the abxy button to use another skill and instead press 1 of the abxy buttons to use 2 skills/spells for example is the only real way i can see this being "fixed" because by the time you do what i stated above you are typically getting 1 shot by something or maybe thats just a skill issue on my part as a new player.

really enjoying the game, love the 40/40 challenges for cosmetics it gives a end goal and something to work towards really looking forward to POE2 looks great this game has really made me love ARPGs
this game is a waste of time
For me the best free to play game for the rest of my life i hope chinesse management wont change our EU PoE to pay 2 win..
🅰🅻🅸🅽 ::: ! ♥ PoE ツ 👌 :::
after the update, the game is not playable anymore.
my system
i5 11300h
32gb ram
rtx 3050ti
The "ExileCon" 2023 only worked to increase sales of Diablo 4. Because 1 year for closed Beta are too far, It's not even an open beta
Last edited by Guillermo2706 on Jul 30, 2023, 10:02:47 PM
"
Guillermo2706 wrote:
The "ExileCon" 2023 only worked to increase sales of Diablo 4. Because 1 year for closed Beta are too far, It's not even an open beta

Yeah I'm a little confused why they had the Exilecon now. It's still more than a year out. The announcement of the beta date isn't even significant as being so far out I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if it's delayed. I guess they did have a few new things to say about the game (biggest being it's now not a shared endgame). I hate to say it, but it could of just been an update video.

Though I did enjoy the side panels and talks about the tech behind the scenes.
When they planned Exilecon maybe they assumed they would be further along than they were, since it was basically a year away.
right
- Split the 'of Stasis' map modifier(Players cannot Regenerate Life, Mana or Energy Shield) into 3 separate modifiers; instead of it being lumped together.

Those maps feel extremely difficult for many builds. It could otherwise be more interesting and fun. Rolling a mod like 'no mana regen' for example, wouldn't feel so bad. At least then, the player would have a practical solution like using more Mana Flasks.

Thanks for the amazing game, I appreciate the effort. <3
Last edited by Therbeeo on Aug 5, 2023, 6:23:26 PM
Spoiler
Are you not entertained?
Last edited by weizhen77 on Aug 6, 2023, 6:56:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info