1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

"
Sararis wrote:
"
kanon1 wrote:
need some help, my dps is low and i die fast (merciless act 1)
here is my gear:
Spoiler

skill tree:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABS0OPA_MEuEUIBRxGS4c5yDwJ9Un7Si1Mgk6UkCgQT9E51BHUFBR5lRJVgRXDVhjWfNfP2BLYIhhUmoeajtyqXTteu982YZgjM-Rzp7NouqmZKcwqBisqrQvud277cAaxFjG2MmY0iHZYd7B37_kredS7w7vTvIv9kj3vg==

what should i do?

The problem is, you got almost no resistances on your gear (only lightning). I am at the end of Act 1 on Merciless and I got resistances on almost all of my items + a ring which gives 25% to all in total. I'm at 68 on fire and cold and 80% on lightning. This is before Endurance charges, so it's maybe a bit much, but still...
MY recommendation is to get more resistances. The rest of the gear is ok (as far as i can estimate it), the belt is quite bad, since we don't need Strength for this build at all.

people told me to get more hp so i got more hp ..
so now i need resistance?
did any 1 check it on pvp ?
IGN: Psycomethabuckdown / Psycomethaviolent
Well is a nice build but i have alot of problems in Hc
NEW BOW is OPOP
Last edited by FlatSpin on Feb 17, 2013, 5:59:30 PM
"
as i see so you talk about OP but you play on Fck SC and i Try my way with this build on Hc and is fck kinda hard if i see other low geared low level noobs behind me shoting and got no problemes.

jesus bro do you even school
nah bro what is a school ?
NEW BOW is OPOP
"
kanon1 wrote:
"
Sararis wrote:
"
kanon1 wrote:
need some help, my dps is low and i die fast (merciless act 1)
here is my gear:
Spoiler

skill tree:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABS0OPA_MEuEUIBRxGS4c5yDwJ9Un7Si1Mgk6UkCgQT9E51BHUFBR5lRJVgRXDVhjWfNfP2BLYIhhUmoeajtyqXTteu982YZgjM-Rzp7NouqmZKcwqBisqrQvud277cAaxFjG2MmY0iHZYd7B37_kredS7w7vTvIv9kj3vg==

what should i do?

The problem is, you got almost no resistances on your gear (only lightning). I am at the end of Act 1 on Merciless and I got resistances on almost all of my items + a ring which gives 25% to all in total. I'm at 68 on fire and cold and 80% on lightning. This is before Endurance charges, so it's maybe a bit much, but still...
MY recommendation is to get more resistances. The rest of the gear is ok (as far as i can estimate it), the belt is quite bad, since we don't need Strength for this build at all.

people told me to get more hp so i got more hp ..
so now i need resistance?

you need better gear. more +hp, more resistances, more sockets and support gems. you're probably hitting the point where you actually need to farm areas before progressing and that usually doesn't happen in normal/cruel. merciless is much less forgiving. try to have 2 sets of gear - one for progression where you ramp up your DPS and tanking ability, and one for farming where you try to max out on increased item quantity and increased item rarity.

here's what i'm currently running and it's still only half-decent gear. running 3 auras helps with survivability and dps a bit. i didn't take the blood magic skill tree node since i had a bunch of blood magic support gems in my stash and wanted to run determination/hatred. once i get a 4th socket on my helm i'll put back my rejuvenation totem for a nice +100 health regen for rare/unique fights in maps.

IGN ProfessorBeefcakes/ImTooSexyForMyCleave
Last edited by Tharkun on Feb 17, 2013, 5:43:19 PM
Tharkun, very nice gear. Kinda envious.
I'm curious why you've two enduring cry gems in your gloves, though. Why not swap one out with say, warlord's mark?
"
Halinn wrote:
I'm curious why you've two enduring cry gems in your gloves, though. Why not swap one out with say, warlord's mark?

so that he use can use 2 enduring cry at a time, so he can get 2 charges when he use both the skill
"
Halinn wrote:

they don't share the same cooldown, so i can get straight to 8 endurance charges within 1 second instead of just 4. molten shell, granite flask of iron skin, then leap slam in and pop both cries. i also find i have more than enough lifeleech even without WL mark - i swap out andvarius for a kaoms when i do progression runs, so that's 4% physical life leech total with the passive skill tree point devoted to it.

when i'm in my regular group, we usually run either vulnerability, temporal chains, or enfeeble depending on the traits of the mobs in the map so there's no room for WL mark anyway.

also you have no idea how much ledge/docks farming i did to afford all that lol. i didn't find a single piece of that set aside from andvarius.
IGN ProfessorBeefcakes/ImTooSexyForMyCleave
Last edited by Tharkun on Feb 17, 2013, 11:20:52 PM
First off thanks to the OP for the great guide.

Secondly, I was looking through the last few pages (wasn't going through all 98) for ideas on how to spend points later. Combining some of the other suggested builds, this is what I've come up with so far:

Some notes on this build:

- For Butchery near the beginning of the Marauder tree, I left out the extra damage & ias nodes, as I think they could be better spent elsewhere.

- With the life circle I skipped out on the extra resists & life regeneration. Didn't see a point to even more resists and I am *guessing* you could regenerate more from a life % increase rather than the extra 1.2% life regeneration.

- Left out the increased elemental damage in the Templar section. Without a real emphasize on elemental damage, the extra strength looked better.

- Added in Reckless Abandon. For 3 points you get increased stun, ias, and 18% more damage.

- You can skip the point from Might at the life circle in case you need it somewhere else.

I am open to any suggestions.
IGN Grimknuckle
Last edited by Chronarch on Feb 18, 2013, 12:17:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info