1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

Trading 15% Cold/Lightining Resistance (the ones after Diamond Skin) for Body Soul.
Is it okay? I mean you get: 28% Armour / 28% ES / 10% to all for 15% to Light/Cold.

Also, why don't you take Bloddless instead of +10 STR?
Last edited by SirLawliet on Feb 1, 2013, 8:33:27 PM
"
SirLawliet wrote:
Trading 15% Cold/Lightining Resistance (the ones after Diamond Skin) for Body Soul.
Is it okay? I mean you get: 28% Armour / 28% ES / 10% to all for 15% to Light/Cold.

Also, why don't you take Bloddless instead of +10 STR?

Body and Soul isn't a bad idea, 10% ele res being a fair alternative to 15% light/cold. The armor and ES is negligible, though. I'd consider it a decent alternative option

10 strength instead of bloodless is to get to blood magic faster. Those damage nodes should be taken a fair bit later in the build. When you do have them, it's a perfectly fine option to respec that point over to bloodless.
I'm just here to commend OP on his build as it is my main and it is extremely effective. I changed it up a bit to make it accessible to all 2h weapons, so that I don't have to be restricted to just a single type, decided to go infernal blow with phys/fire damage and leech for single target dps and phys dmg/leech/loh for aoe survivability. With underleveled gems +125-199 axe at level 50 i do 1400 single target dps/650 aoe.

The core of the build remains the same, though.

Props for the build. It will be my main until I get a hang of the game/learn its ins and outs and prepare for other classes.
"
Gix_Phyrex wrote:
"
Adagiowow wrote:
I found this guide very informative and helpful for making my first character, especially as a newcomer to this genre and game. Your guide mentions certain steps to take to get certain nodes first, but I am confused with one thing. When is it exactly that you go for Fitness, Discipline and Training, and Slaughter? Do you go for that path before Resolute Technique, or after Resolute Technique but before Blood Magic? Thanks for the help.

1. Get Resolute Technique
2. Get Blood Magic
3. Get Golem's Blood
4. Now you head over to the Templar nodes (Fitness, Discipline and Training, Slaughter, Amplify)
Important Don't forget to take more Endurance Charges sometimes during cruel difficulty. They're very useful facing some hard encouters in cruel and you WILL NEED them in merciless for sure!

@NinjyArab:
If you don't mind and haven't done it yet yourself I could creat some "step-to-step-passive trees" this weekend which you could link in your first page build post!?

This would be very helpful indeed!
"
@upup
Would you like to screenshot this node, because my this night my brain defenetly does not work properly. I just can't see it.

@up
wtf did you do with right part of the tree? this strange Resolute Technique-Blood Magic connection?

Wanted Blood Magic ASAP. Made a huge difference for me.
Would picking up lava lash add dmg if you are using add fire dmg support gem? No one has added that passive to their build. Just wondering if it would work.
I would really like to know how exactly Amplify effects groundslam/sweep. I just purchased the node but for the life of me it doesn't seem to have an effect, I was really wanting to get that extra 16% radius on my aoes from it and the 2 near it.
"
Would picking up lava lash add dmg if you are using add fire dmg support gem? No one has added that passive to their build. Just wondering if it would work.

Yes, it would. It is not enough damage added to be worth a passive skill point.
instaed of speccing into the mace tree i routed off into the 2h AXE tree due to my legendary axe..is that ok
This is what I'm planning. May help some people with progression.

Progression Tree's Below:

17 Points

27 Points

37 Points

47 Points

The rest is however you want to fill out the tree. I think damage mods would be last to be filled especially if playing HC.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info