1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

I got it in random pt on a lvl 66-67 map i think lol :))
Last edited by pelll on Dec 22, 2013, 4:33:27 PM
Lol wut congratz on the drop!!!

If that's not a sign you were meant to play this build I don't know what is.
"
Monty_The_3rd wrote:
---> Disclaimer: i am not an expert! <---

Here we go:

@Hirukaru:
Spoiler
Go for the rest of the Scion's life circle nodes next, the two +1 EndCharges too.
Also if you are sure that you will not be using the BM node again, you could be a little more affective that area, maybe go for something like this:

The one +12% dmg node is "meh" (same also applies to the Executioner node btw), you can find better 15% ones, or just use the point saved to use on a path to something else or whatever.

This is better for your 65 points i think:

I'm not suggesting you spend Regrets to do this now!!!
Just though to show a "better" (?) way ;)

You seem to have a good idea of the gear upgrades you need :)

Georfri's Baptism is at it's last legs, once you hit lvl57 you should be able to find a much better mace, and if you can afford a 5L that would be sweet!
Also you should use a MeleePhysDmg gem on your HS also (it's really the first gem anyone should use in any of our skills). It should be better than MultiS...

The rest of the gear you can replace on will (and currency lol), more life and more res is always good :)

Res not maxed even with Goldrim???
:(
Get gear with high res ASAP!

You mention mana, you don't have the BM node in the tree, but i see no Auras on your gear, what's up with that???
First one you should use is Determination, especially since you only have 1K AR...

Passive nodes:
Current:

Future tree maby at higher points (72 points):

Gear ATM.
Spoiler

Its hard to run a Aura but sometimes I got them with me now.
But my mana is reduced with 60%.
This decreases my use of skills alot untill I use a flask.
(heavy strike is not affected by it due to its higher dps, groundslam is affected)

Stats:
Spoiler
General:
Spoiler

HP: 2515
Regen: 90.4
Mana: 301
Regen: 5.3
ES: 34
Regen: 11.3

Offence
Spoiler

General:
DPS 1542.2
Atk p sec: 2.38
Combined dmg: 548 - 748
Life leech: 5%
Mana leech 4%

Heavy strike:
DPS: 6319
Atk p sec: 2.98
Combined: 1793 - 2448
Life leech: 5%
Mana leech: 4%
Mana usage: 18

Ground slam:
DPS: 2488.3
Atk p sec: 2.87
Combined: 733 - 1001
L Leech: 5%
M Leech: 4%
Mana usage: 29

Defense:
Spoiler

Armour 1254
Reduction: 31%
Evasion: 510
Resist Elem: 75% cap (Fire 138%, cold 77%, light 81%)
Chaos: -60%
Run speed: -6%

Determination aura stats:
Spoiler

Mana: 147/301 (reserve: 154)
Armour: 1692
Reduction: 37%

Damn Latency issues.
Might come back in a few seasons.
Last edited by Hirukaru on Dec 23, 2013, 2:49:21 PM
@Hirukaru:

Wait a sec, is my reply before i saw you didn't use BM in your tree, so i assumed you had it (since you get it at 30p in the original build) but you respec out of it at some point to use Auras, isn't that the case?

Im my non-expert opinion the only reason to drop BM is to run Auras, at least two: one isn't worth it imo, maaaaaybe if you can still run all your skills out of mana without having to constantly use flasks to keep your mana up (get it from Mana Leech).

If you have issues maintaining your mana, you must decide what you are going to do:
Try to make mana+Auras work or respecing back to BM.

If you choose to go back to BM, then it's easy: just take the node and all is good again.
If you decide to stick with mana, you might need some more Mana Leech or raise the amount by raising you DPS.
Now you have 2% from Viodhome + 2% from your gloves, if that isn't enough then you might try using Warlords Mark (manually or in a CwDT link): a lvl6 will give you 2% Mana Leech (and 4% life) and at lvl13 you will have 3% mana and 6% life leech.
You can also try to find other pieces of gear (like rings) with mana leech or mana regen on them, but since leech is a percentage of phys dmg, having a bigger amount of that would do you double good.

If you have 4% mama leech and use the ultra-fast Voidhome (good DPS too) you still can't maintain mana, then i don't know what you can do... If WarlordsM doesn't help, it's BM gem i'm afraid :/

What is your DPS now with the Voidhome? How much does your skills cost and how much mana you have free after one 60% aura?

Also did your res maxed out with the new rings? That is a big thing, maybe being at 72% instead of 75% can pass, but even a small percent can make a difference.

About your tree, i don't get why you keep taking the Executioner node: there is a better 15% dmg node in the start of our tree if you want a dmg node so bad.
And keep the two 15% reduced CritDmg for now, respec them later on if you feel "safe" (you are a Hardcore char after all).
Besides that your planned build is ok up to there i guess, what do plan next?

Sorry i can't help more :/

PS
Use your Geofri's Baptism (or just a random piece of gear with many sockets you pick of the ground) in your second weapon slot, put some gems in there so they lvl up ;)
Did this build works with a duelist? I find the early tree of the duelist area more efficient...
"
Monty_The_3rd wrote:
@PaulusGrandis:

There is really not anything "wrong" with your gear. Life on belt is low and medium on boots, but you have high values on all other gear except from the jewellery, so it's ok.
There are always better gear ofc, but personally i don't see any shortcomings :)
Having said that, i think that at least one 5L is appropriate for your level and would help your DPS.

You could also try Multistrike or Faster Attacks. FasterA might give you a small dmg boost if you used it instead of AddFire (not sure - depends on your tree/gear), but the best would be to replace Life Leech:

Assuming you have 4K life, the maximum rate you can leech life is 800/sec (20% of life).
You do 10K dmg with HS and lets suppose you have a round 16% LL, that is 1600 per attack (so it takes 2sec to leech it all).
If you could do 15K dmg but remove the LL gem and drop to 8% total leech, then you will have 1200/attack. That is still over the 20% rate limit, so you will gain the full 800 in the first sec and the rest after that. Now since you do more than 1.3 attacks/sec, you will always leech the same 800/sec you did in the first case, no loss of leech/sec :)
I am not 100% sure about this (but sure enough to post it) and you should check it out for yourself, but even if i am wrong personally i would still take the 50% dmg increase (if it can be done ofc) for a bit less leech.

Also note that the LL from the Carnage Heart (and other gear stats) is only from physical dmg! Life leeched from the LL gem, is from all types of dmg.
So with your current setup (for HS) you leech 7.9% of your total dmg, plus 8% of your phys dmg from the Heart.
That means that if you replace the AddFire gem with MultiS or FasterA, for the same amount of DPS you will leech more life and that is a fact! Not a huge amount more, but more none the less ;)

Thanks for the tips! I wasn't aware of the life-leach cap, but I was wondering why if I added more life-leach I didn't seem to heal any faster, haha. So I was able to get a 5L armor and get rid of my life-leach gems and put in more DPS gems without any problems. In fact, I might be healing faster now due to my much higher DPS and leaching on other items.

Now I just need another 5L (on my mace) for some even more ownage :)
How do I meet the Dex requirement for Faster Attacks (52 Dex) without hurting the build?
Get good roll Heart of Carnage.
Your build will thank you :)
I got the mace drop on this map, dunno quality

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Overgrown_Ruin_Map
Monty I edited my post above.

Iam at 77% resist atm.
I added the stats of the skills including mana drain.
I guess a five link and then add bloodmagic to my groundslam would be the best idea at this moment.
Been farming chaos at this moment so I hope I can buy one.

I requested price info on 5l armour at these topics:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/620268/page/1#p6241335
Honour shell majestic (5l) Q20%
Armour:883
Stats: +79 armour 61% increased armour +52 life +35% cold res.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/603615/page/1#p6241351
Havoc Shelter Majestic Plate (5L Q20%)
Armour: 980
+33 strenght
+108 Armour
+68% increased Armour
+23% cold res
21% increased block and stun recovery

Dunno how much they are worth, do you know an indication?
First one gives HP and more cold resist, second one gives more armour and str, for what armour should I go?

There are some more pieces of armour that might be good
Onslaught shell crusader plate (lvl 59, 5L RRRRR 20%Q)
Armour: 521
+6 armour
+84 life
1.9 life regen
21% cold resist
40% light resist

(Iam level 55 atm)
Damn Latency issues.
Might come back in a few seasons.
Last edited by Hirukaru on Dec 23, 2013, 9:29:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account: