1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

I m lvl 85 and i m trying Cyclone right now. Its really a great skill with lots of fun, but desync is just...

Anyway, Cyclone dps is more than 11k without a 6L item.

My stats are 6300 Life / 6400 AR / 700 EV / 77% All Res

With my current gear combination i have enough Dexterity to use 20lvl Faster Attacks. I also have enough Life Leech from Rings / Amulets to skip Life Leech gems, which i replace with either a +dmg or rare/quantity one, depending the map and situation. Ofc if you have a 6L item things are getting even better :)

Gear
Last edited by Katsibrokos on Dec 22, 2013, 2:51:22 AM
@jirkamcz

Still can't see your items. You must have done something wrong when linking them though I don't know how, you simply have to click them.

@blazingsprocket

Link passive tree and items...
Last edited by eladir on Dec 21, 2013, 4:01:32 PM
another try :-)
Spoiler
Hrmm it ate most of my previous post, lets try again. Any constructive criticism would be much appreciated:

Build as of level 77

Gear
The weapon is now 5s and 3 linked, but apparently that makes the quality go away. I'm not sure I should try to get higher links because I don't think it would be very cheap, not to mention I don't have any fusings left.

I'm getting unsure of what to get in my passive tree: Skill Tree
Monty

Any suggestions for me?

Think I need a new weapon (5L)
Think I need new gloves (4L + MP regen and some resist)
Think I need new boots (4L + MP regen/Hp regen and some resist and HP)

Passive (lvl 53)
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecFLQ48D8wUIBRxGS4aVSftMZ4yCTWSNug9_ECgSshN41BHUFBUSVcNWGNYr18_YEthIWSjah5sRm6qcmxyqXTteA1673y4fNmE74dqiI-I8YzPnrmezZ_LplemZKcwqBipbqxZrKq18rndxtjJmNIh1I_ZYedS7w7yL_ZI977-jw==

Gear:
Spoiler

Stats
Spoiler

General
Spoiler
HP:2414
HP Regen:86.9

ES: 4
ES Regen:1.3

MP:267
MP Regen: 4.7

Offence:
Spoiler
(All stats calculated when offence gem is in weapon slot)

Groundslam with Multi
DPS: 1235.2
Total combined: 269 - 423
Attacks per second: 3.57

Groundslam with melee gem:
DPS: 1232.6
Total combined: 530 - 832
Attacks per second: 1.81

Heavy with multi:
DPS: 2397.3
Total combined: 521 -822
Attacks per second 3.57

Heavy with melee:
DPS: 2391
Total combined: 1028 - 1614
Attacks per second: 1.81

Defense:
Spoiler
Armour: 1021
Phys dmg red: 27%
Evasion: 505
Runspeed: -8%
Resist:
F: 52%
C: 75%
L: 68%
CH : -60%

Damn Latency issues.
Might come back in a few seasons.
Last edited by Hirukaru on Dec 22, 2013, 10:12:45 AM
@jirkamcz

Need to upgrade your items. Progressing with mostly blues and rares you find is doable but not effective. I suggest getting on poe.xyz.is and buying upgrades for most, if not all your items. Stats you should be looking for are (in this order): as much Life as possible, high physical damage 2h mace, a combination of elemental resistances to get all of them as high as possible, 3L or 4L, 15%+ move speed on boots, any chaos res you can find, life leech, attack speed. You should be able to find upgrades for 1 alch to a couple of chaos. Don't rush into buying everything fast or overspend. Get a feel of the market, make a plan for your char and then buy.

You should also work on your gems/skills. Definitely swap Heavy Strike to Life leech and soon if not already life leech will be better in GS too. For survivability a low lvl CwdT gem (try lvl1 for start) is a huge boost, it will cost a few chaos but it's worth it. You combine it with low lvl Enduring Cry(lvl5), Enfeeble(lvl5) and if you got a spare 4L maybe Molten Shell or summone skeletons/raise zombie. Take a look at my post in the previous page to get an idea of how to link gems. Another way to boost survivability is manually use Enfeeble/Decoy Totem/Molten Shell/Summons.

@blazingsprocket

Would be good to know your basic stats too (Life, ele and chaos res, Armor, HS and GS dps). First glaring mistake is not having all your items 20% quality, specially on the weapon it's a big difference. Replace your weak boots and imo also the gloves, rarity ain't worth the stats you could get there. Those two are easy updates. After that it's a bit harder to get upgrades but slowly you should and as a result remove resistance points in your tree and invest them elsewhere, mostly towards reaching Amplify in the top right. Take a look at my lvl 84 tree for ideas.

Gem wise, eemove endurance charges on stun from GS and get Faster Attacks or Multi strike (i'd suggest multi since it's strength based and thus easier to fit in). The biggest DPS boost you could achieve for yourself is managing to remove the life leech gems and replace them with Multi/Faster/Fire to boost your dps though I don't know if you are ready for that. For survivability I'd suggest a high lvl CwDT and a 4L including Immortall Call and Increased duration to cope with reflect or high phys dmg bosses.

@Exiled_Wanderer

This is what I suggest. When you are ready for it (both resistance wise and regrets cost) go firstly for the Amplify road on the top left and then work your way to the Leather and Steel.
Last edited by eladir on Dec 22, 2013, 3:25:45 AM
Level 70 Marauder

Hi guys! This what I have so far. I tried Merciless Piety runs in Lunaris Level 3 and this guy said go solo the place so we have two Piety's. I tried to solo and could barely face the shooting monsters without losing like 1/2 health just taking 1 sec of the shots fired. I eventually gave up on the Piety run.

Can you guys help me what I could improve on.. I know one guy said get physical damage reduction to 35 % (before endurance charges enabled , but I can't find any gear with enough armour to make it to 35 mark.

I probably should strap on items with IIR/IIQ to get better gear?

Help! Thanks

Spoiler

Last edited by くりす on Dec 22, 2013, 4:12:12 AM
"
eladir wrote:
@jirkamcz

Need to upgrade your items. Progressing with mostly blues and rares you find is doable but not effective. I suggest getting on poe.xyz.is and buying upgrades for most, if not all your items. Stats you should be looking for are (in this order): as much Life as possible, high physical damage 2h mace, a combination of elemental resistances to get all of them as high as possible, 3L or 4L, 15%+ move speed on boots, any chaos res you can find, life leech, attack speed. You should be able to find upgrades for 1 alch to a couple of chaos. Don't rush into buying everything fast or overspend. Get a feel of the market, make a plan for your char and then buy.

You should also work on your gems/skills. Definitely swap Heavy Strike to Life leech and soon if not already life leech will be better in GS too. For survivability a low lvl CwdT gem (try lvl1 for start) is a huge boost, it will cost a few chaos but it's worth it. You combine it with low lvl Enduring Cry(lvl5), Enfeeble(lvl5) and if you got a spare 4L maybe Molten Shell or summone skeletons/raise zombie. Take a look at my post in the previous page to get an idea of how to link gems. Another way to boost survivability is manually use Enfeeble/Decoy Totem/Molten Shell/Summons.

thanks a lot! Problem is that I don't have single chaos orb :-( where can I get these orbs? Right now I have 5 alchemy orbs, 1 regal Orb, 2 orb of fusing, 80 Chromatic orbs, 7 orb of chance, 63 orb of augmentation and 4 jewellers orb. Any tips how can I get hands on something valuable? As I said I started few days ago so maybe my questions are stupid so sorry! Anyway thanks!
313 pages?! Wow, this is popular.

I find it funny that the very build that I went with without researching anything about the game ended up being very similar to this build.

For the curious, here's my build after beating Normal: My build

Of course, I went with "Sweep" being my go to skill instead of "Ground Slam" but that's a minimal difference.

It really is a great build for newbies and although I'm unsure that I'm going to continue this character, I think I could come back to this guy at anytime and really not have much trouble. It's really user friendly and EZ-mode. =)
*burr hugs*
Last edited by Comaburr on Dec 22, 2013, 6:10:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info