1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

If i understood it right, you can go on playing, but you shouldn't skill or refund a passive node. In this case the "Refund All Option" is gone.

Last edited by henniheine on Jun 6, 2013, 7:58:22 AM
Hi everyone,

of course my skill tree etc. was filled before patch, but could u just look over my gear/build and gimme suggestion or some feedback for hoe to improve it most efficient?

Equip
Spoiler

Skilltree

Thank u already :D
youtube.com/Niffler
IGN.: Niffler
been meaning to ask how this build was end game, (maps and such) was doing lvl 66-71 maps and wasnt doing so hot. Ya my gear [shown below] can use a little work. My problem is if it doesnt have the sockets and the links that i need i wont pick it up [yes i know flame me for that]. Now that i am doing maps i am waiting for all the pieces to drop that i need. Please give me any advice as to what i can do to survive in maps. Again this was pre 0.11 patch.

Gear:
Spoiler
Current League: Anarchy @BigGuyKahn
Sell Lists:
Anarchy: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/428350
SoftCore: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/391912
you have 3 linked support gems in your helmet
but no skill to support
Just tested my level 75 marauder, which follows this build to some point (2 less endurance charges as i don't like using them, a bit more of life nodes at duelist - other nodes seem to be the same) at catacombs.

Kill speed doesn't feel to be changed, i still need some "long" time to kill mobs.

HP dropped from 3.6k to 3k, but it seems i can tank more. Even 4 venom strike from spiders doesn't make me run as long as i keep hitting them (was a case before).

GS dps increased from somewhat 1.7k to 2.1k (note that i use item quantity to substitute added fire - much more increase if you use ADF gem).

HS increased about 700. HS>LL>AFD>APD gems there. (including wrath+anger auras).

Phys damage reduction - went from 36% to 41% ( noticeable? Maybe... Grace used).

HP regen went from 200 to 175 but with higher dps i leech more HP so probably it evens out.

Overall: Did not see some major impact on the build. You are still slow compared to some builds. Still can die due melee range.

Maps: Might harm you more if you get chaos damage per second or -50% regen mode. Other than that - i dont see something has changed.

Note for those who start using this build (personal opinion): Get astramentis amulet. Just get it. It`s somewhat costly to totally new players but it`s a hell worth it. (Grace leveling really increases survivability while Wrath helps with some more DPS).

Don`t think my post will be helpful to all - but that`s my insight.

To fully show my experience in the game here are my items (they are bad i know) (i play solo only - my 1st char ever here - and the only thing i bought was astramentis which was 2.5 non pure exalts 2 weeks before this post):

Spoiler

My build to see the differences:

P.S. Not trying to hijack the thread, just returning my favor to the guy which helped me reach maps on 1st try :)
"
xKahnx wrote:
been meaning to ask how this build was end game, (maps and such) was doing lvl 66-71 maps and wasnt doing so hot. Ya my gear [shown below] can use a little work. My problem is if it doesnt have the sockets and the links that i need i wont pick it up [yes i know flame me for that]. Now that i am doing maps i am waiting for all the pieces to drop that i need. Please give me any advice as to what i can do to survive in maps. Again this was pre 0.11 patch.

Gear:
Spoiler

Where`is anger? I don`t see that gem on your equipment.?

Carnage heart? Really? Or is this a farming build? 20% less life... Enough said.

Decoy totem anyone? You need to have this. Like totally. Even if it gives 1 additional second to survive. That`s a way to prevent those +dmg+speed mobs to hit you.

Life leach > gain on hit at higher levels.
"
aquadark wrote:
"
xKahnx wrote:

Gear:
Spoiler

Carnage heart? Really? Or is this a farming build? 20% less life... Enough said.

Decoy totem anyone? You need to have this. Like totally. Even if it gives 1 additional second to survive. That`s a way to prevent those +dmg+speed mobs to hit you.

I am using carnage heart because he has it mentioned in his first post. Should i switch it to Astramentis?

and if so you think i can trade the carnage for the astramentis?
if not how much are they going for these days?
Current League: Anarchy @BigGuyKahn
Sell Lists:
Anarchy: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/428350
SoftCore: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/391912
Last edited by xKahnx on Jun 6, 2013, 2:42:01 PM
"
xKahnx wrote:
"
aquadark wrote:
"
xKahnx wrote:

Gear:
Spoiler

I am using carnage heart because he has it mentioned in his first post. Should i switch it to Astramentis?

and if so you think i can trade the carnage for the astramentis?
if not how much are they going for these days?

As I said I bought mine 2 weeks ago. 2.5 not pure exalts. Not perfect rolls bur i take more life instead of those +20% resists any day. You can fully get +20% more ele resists from other gear. Just need to farm more. Life leach on the ammy seems great but with new patch and dps increase - remember that your leach is still capped at 20% of your maximun life per second, so its not like you will insta heal with 10k dps (+LL gem)and 2k life = it still takes time.
The thing which came to my mind after i saw patch changes - is it worth taking elemental adaptation now? Other defensive skills were nerfed for like 20%, but this one got a whopping 60% nerf. Before patch it made you suffer 20% ele dmg vs 25% - that's same if you'd get a quarter more hp. Now it's only 23% vs 25% - similar to only having 8.6% more hp. And you still need to get those resists. And it doesn't work against physical or chaos... Seems like i'd better take some armor node or just plain hp node.
IGN xobot_pentacurse
very nice !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info