Nugiyen's Ranger build?!

"
KouGrizzle wrote:
So what is the verdict? Is Nugiyen's build better than MrPetrov's tank/elemental build overall in hardcore?

I would probably say Yes, Nugi's is better in HC.. how ever I think it's more down to personal preference/playstyle and how comfortable you are with it.

"
What spells are good while leveling? He said poison arrow to compensate...... Im only using poison arrow at level 24 with spamming mana pots :/

Any tips what i should play with? I cant imagine PA is the only skill to use.... I use that + bear trap......

I used Rain of Arrows & PA, then grabbed LA w/Fork+LMP in the mid 20's, grabbed Frenzy around 30 too.
Last edited by ephemeross on Feb 6, 2013, 8:34:05 AM
"
I used Rain of Arrows & PA, then grabbed LA w/Fork+LMP in the mid 20's, grabbed Frenzy around 30 too.

Where do u get the mana :s i fire a few arrows and im out of mana.

Do u need specific life regen gear for blood magic btw?
In my book you shouldn't pick up Blood Magic too early, I normaly don't get if before lvl 40-45 cause I simply don't have enough life before that.
If you have mana issues on your way to Blood Magic use Clarity to compensate it and don't stack too much attack speed.
"
"

Where do u get the mana :s i fire a few arrows and im out of mana.

Do u need specific life regen gear for blood magic btw?

I picked up Blood Magic around level 20 - 25, and spammed HP pots :P
You need around 40 hp/s at least for BM really.
Find as much gear as you can with +Life Regen p/s and +Life :)

Like I said in a previous post, I use Decoy Totem with a +24% Totem Life Node, so it wasn't too bad for me. Just take it slow and pre-emptively use Decoy Totem in maps where you don't feel safe :P
I had Fork and LMP on my LA until I got Chain, now I run 5L (Chain, LMP, Life on Hit, +Elemental Damage, LA) hoping for a 6L sometime so I can add Faster Attacks to that combo :D
Last edited by ephemeross on Feb 7, 2013, 3:39:05 PM
"
ephemeross wrote:

I also started out with Rain of Arrows and Poison Arrow. I frequently tried how a LA/Ice Shot 4 Link works but always went back to Rain of Arrows after some minutes of testing. Before Blood Magic I really didn't have enough mana to use LA or Ice Shot, and after BM I always found the damage inferior (but I'm only 50 now) to Rain of Arrows. So I'm still using RoA + Faster Attacks + Added Cold Damage + Life Gain on Hit. No 5L for Weapon Elemental Damage yet.

I took Blood Magic at 43 with ~50 life reg per second, 3% leech and Life Gain on Hit support Gem. Which felt like it was plenty, with that kind of support I could have taken BM earlier already. But I didn't know, it is my first BM character and I wanted to be prepared. ^^

Damage wise it felt OK up to lvl 40. In Act 2 cruel I started to feel pretty weak, but maybe only because monsters were usually 1-3 levels above me. Then I took BM, Iron Grip and Resolute Technique over 5 or 6 level ups (including quest reward skill points) and now I feel like doing OK to good damage again. And I only got a crappy lvl 38 bow. Can't wait to equip that awesome Thicket Bow waiting for me in my stash. :D

Also I play 90% of the time solo, and the build works great for that. It's not the fastest in terms of killing speed, but it's fun and durable. I altered Nugis build for myself in a way that I leave out static blows, but take all the weapon elemental damage nodes and few more physical + attack speed nodes. Let's see how that works out until ~70.

Just to share my experience with the build. ^^
Last edited by Luzzifus on Feb 8, 2013, 4:35:21 AM
What kind of bow should we be focusing on? High Physical or High Elemental? I was doing great with this build until act 2 merciless, now I'm finding my dps becoming less and less effective. Currently using a 123 phy 25-44 cold damage bow 5L.
"
rotan wrote:
What kind of bow should we be focusing on? High Physical or High Elemental? I was doing great with this build until act 2 merciless, now I'm finding my dps becoming less and less effective. Currently using a 123 phy 25-44 cold damage bow 5L.

High Elemental/Attack Speed, due ot taking RT you want to try to avoid all accuracy/crit stats & hope for phys/ele/aspd/resists.
What does he run with his totem exactly? Spell + Summon Skele + Enduring?
IGN: Xeale
"
jaimesco wrote:
What does he run with his totem exactly? Spell + Summon Skele + Enduring?

Yeah, I don't get why though, Decoy seems to work better still :/ Plus decoy has a much quicker cast time.
Well i died on 49 using this build. Leveling again the same thing.

Compared to my EK shadow the damage on the ranger seems really low. Is that normal in a sence that EK is overpowered. Or did i do something wrong on my ranger?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info