[1.0.6] level 96 Arly's Lightning Arrow/Frenzy Aura Scion - 6 gameplay videos

As of [1.1.0] - Ranger is now the best class to build around.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/811636

Hello, my name is Arlius and I wanted to share the scion version of my LA/frenzy build. This build is similar to my marauder variant but is much more offensive and provides even greater aura support in addition to conduit but at the cost of less life , armor, and unwavering stance. This build has the highest self buffed damage potential of any bow build in the game (assuming the same bow of course) and imo, one of the 2 best ranged builds in the game.

Golden Destroyer bow scion
Pros:
- one of top Tier 1 end game builds
- Highest possible self buffed LA DPS
- Extremely resistant to reflect due to voltaxic and 83/77/77 resistances , acrobatics, evasion, ondars
- Runs up to 5 auras [3 * 60% + 2 * 40%]
- Able to achieve a ridiculous high 700 life regen
- Massive synergy with blood magic keystones users as you will usually double their dps
- Absolutely amazing solo as well as group play
- Able to do any map except blood magic but including hard ones containing -max , ele reflect, no regen.
- Conduit and massive aura radius
- Ondars guille provides huge evasion against projectiles

Cons:
- No unwavering stance
- Almost zero armor
- Reliant on skill to do impossibly hard bosses
- Extremely high level and gear requirement to be optimal
- Very little flexibility in gem configuration due to auras

Current level: 96
Deaths to date: 16

leveling guide and tree progression

Node progression:
I would take the points leading up the life node cluster to the south west of scion. You can start with life/life regen or the projectile nodes, which ever you prefer.

Then, I would take the ias starting nodes and loop around until i can get static blows and frenzy charges, then acrobatics, then make a beeline for ondars. Then take nearby life nodes near ranger then heart of the oak, then the aura nodes near ranger. Then the aura nodes near shadow. You can take additional life nodes as needed as well as conduit and aura radius but it shouldnt be a big deal.

Finally, progress to marauder area to get elemental adaptation then finally the last aura node cluster near templar.

-----------------------------------------------------------

If youre a marauder make a beeline for blood magic keystone, every other class, use clairty + pendrus seal + atziri's fobile to support your skills until 44 when you can use blooddance to help upkeep blood magic gem costs.

Level using split arrow and get as much flat ele gear as possible:
1-10: use spectral throw with the last resort nailed fist
10-35: use storm cloud
35:-56: use a ele grove bow
56+: use either a lionseye , rare bow or voltaxic

Sample leveling gear:

budget gear set
"

I put together a gearset from random stuff in my stash, i dont think a single item is more than 4 or 5 exalts.

These are the output stats:
6970 LA dps
3579 life
352 life regen
83/75/77 resists

Obviously I would need to change my tree to be more defensive (dps for life nodes) but the point is that the gearset is incredibly cheap and still very reflect reistant. A large amount of your damage is coming from auras so this alleviates a lot of pressure from requiring a top notch weapon. If you upgraded the tabula to a big 6 link eva armor, youre basically going to avoid 50-60% of all reflected attacks.

With a proper chest piece, an modest ele bow with crit and some regret orbs you can easily manage something like 6000 LA dps (still higher than BIS gearset for blood magic keystone volt builds), 4500-5000 life, and 400 life regen while still maintain a very high level of reflect resistance due to your ridiculous evasion synergizing with ondars and acrobatics.

level 77 template

The tree should be molded to fit your needs and preferences instead of copy paste. Do not ask for a full tree.

If youre going crit based, get the crit nodes near ranger and shadow, if youre going non crit RT then get RT in addition to the WED nodes near templar.

Note you can take the starting projectile nodes instead of the life regen node based on preference. I would also strongly urge getting ondar's guile when you can as it will be of immense help vs reflect and projectiles.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABA5YEfgW1BfkM8g5IEZYV8BcvGYUZihnXGjgajxzcHaokqiSwJ-0tgy9vMHw1kjY9Nuk6WDrhOyg8LT7PQYdGcU3jUUdV1lnzW_RgQ2KsZOdmnmh0bj1wu311fyt_xoCkgwmG0YcZiGuI8Y19jb-QVZMnlKCXBp2qpcumV6eEqn-quKxZrKq0DLc-u-O95sAaxKLE9sau037UI9aK1p3YTdkT2mLhiONq44TnY_JF89322vlj-ej60vsJ_gr-Sf6P_ro=

Ranger version: WIP
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAdEEBwR-BbUF-Qx9DPIOSBB_EZYVUBXwFy8ZhRmKGdcajx0UHaofAiQ8JKoksCepLR8tgy9vMHw2PTbFNuk6WD7PRnFJUUyzTZJQMFFHVcZV1lptZOdtGW-ecLt9dX8rf8aApIMJhtGHGYhrjX2Nv49GlwabtaEiokCio6XLpwinXKp_qriv67iTu-O95sHzwzrEosaeykrN6s9l0NDTftQj1orYJNkT4YjjauOE9Pj22vlj-tL7Cf66

DPS Stats - fully self buffed - Version 1 (4 auras)

328 DPS lions - 47k frenzy, 13k LA , 6900 life, 220 life regen

338 DPS volt - 34k frenzy, 10k LA , 6900 life, 220 life regen

DPS Stats - fully self buffed - Version 2 (5 auras)

338 DPS volt - 41k frenzy, 10k LA , 6600 life, 680 life regen, 57 ms, ondars guille

glyph flight DPS harbinger - 19.7k LA, 122k-132k frenzy(6L)

Gear

Gameplay Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIP7TjCt_Q4&feature=youtu.be
full clear - 77 shrine map - max resist, ele reflect
-note the outer wall clear formation as well as potion management which helps in doing efficient runs
-I run into double reflect once and crit weakness it for good measure ;)
-I was able to showcase ondar's amazing evasive abilities vs ice form piety briefly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgrahb-rFPs&feature=youtu.be
full clear : 76 crematorium map - double reflect, frenzy, fleet boss
-evangelist mobs, flicker mobs some of the toughest for ranged to deal with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbhyrr53qmE&feature=youtu.be
full clear : 77 shipyard map - 147 quantity, max res, half regen, fleet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBKAJ3Il6kY
full clear : 76 academy map - 99 quantity,vulnerability , ele reflect, added lightning damage, chain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhiufYDhNAI&feature=youtu.be
boss fight : 76 creamatorium map - max resitance, + monster damage, + boss damage/speed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USFIoXSzxzw&feature=youtu.be
boss fight : 76 crematorium map - dual boss, no curse, - max resistance

Skills:
helm - haste - anger - wrath- reduced mana [GRRB]
boots - reduced mana - purity of fire - vitality - crit weakness(1) [RRRB]
weapon - LA - WED - LMP - Chain - Life leech - blood magic [RRRGGG]
gloves - Frenzy - PCOC or life leech - WED - blood magic [RRGB]

Bandit quest:
Normal: Passive point
Cruel: Help Kraitlyn (8 ias)
Merciless: Pick power charge for hard crit/glass cannon , frenzy for blood dancer build, or passive point

What items NOT Mirror:
-Mirroring boots, belts, gloves or helms is the stupidest thing you can do in poe. These items provide very little DPS gain and overstacking resists is pointless. There will never be point where it will be worthwhile to burn 160 exalts on any of these gear slots.

What items worth it to Mirror:
-Rare rings - Rings define your build, simply put. Much of your life or dps will come from here and are one of the best investments due to the difficulty of rolling rings
-Rare Amulets - I have not seen a mirroable one yet but these would be one of the better ones to mirror
-Rare quivers - One of the highest damage sources - able to get an amazing 5 dps related affixes - generally vastly easier to roll than rings/amulets/weapons
-rare bows - sadly useless for this build because of reflect. I would urge players to NOT use any mirror bows because it will be nearly impossible to progress due to excessive damage and reflect.

You DO NOT need a full set of mirrored items to be play at the very highest level and I would urge players against rmting hundreds to do so.

Build/gear optimization/tactics

Character building is about balance. Don't go overboard on dps. Focus on survivability(life) first and foremost and try to get mobility(movespeed) and utility(life regen) if at all possible. DPS is just a number and simply having more of it does not mean you will be able to advance levels and clear maps efficiently.

Overstacking resists: Do not over stack your resistances, this is lazy and badly optimized. Get exactly enough to hit max or a little over and swap vitality for purity of elements on ele weak maps.

Aura swapping: its a good idea to swap out anger for haste for elemental reflect and -max maps.
You should also swap out vitality for purity of lightning on no regen maps.

Gear analysis

Bow - Voltaxic is arguably the best bow if you want to level your character past level 90. Reflect is simply too dangerous but remember thorns will still gimp you. Lions eye or a rare ele thicket works as well and are a cheaper option. Rare mirror thicket bows will give you nice dps but you will probably never level past 88.
Armor - Koams heart is mandatory for the build unless youre willing to sacrifice a lot of crit/dps nodes. +500 hp koams will also work and provide a decent boost to your damage.
Gloves - Thunderfist are fantastic due to shock duration and maligaros will help you proc crits. Its totally up to you
Belt - A rare belt with tri res and life is ideal, WED is a nice bonus but not mandatory
Ring/Amulet - Life + wed + ele or some flavor of the 3 and some resists- these along with your quiver will be the biggest source of dps and it will be the biggest determinate in your final damage output, you also need them to provide a large chunk of resistances based on the rest of your gear choices
Quiver - life, crit dam, wed, accuracy , ias, crit chance in that order
Helm - personal choice but i recommend rat's nest for 4 aura builds. starkonjas is also an option. For the 5 aura variant you will need to use alpha's howl.
Boots - life, movespeed and as much resists as you can find though i personally love blooddance as they provide a lot of life regen and are very inexpensive. Note you will have to make up the life and resists elsewhere. These are my favorite uniques and one of the most unappreciated items in the game.

Class rankings/Build variants

Marauder = 9/10 - Very high life starting nodes but somewhat dps limited
Ranger = 9/10 - A few wasted nodes, almost identical to scion but goes through evasion nodes instead of scion starting nodes and has less dps as a result
Shadow = 6/10 - Some wasted nodes due to spell/int nodes
Duelist = 4/10 - Mediocre starting nodes in a quadrant you dont need to traverse to
Scion = 10/10 - the ideal class for this build, almost no wasted points
Templar = 3/10 - Awful class to use bows as or pretty much any build
Witch = 1/10 - Worst class to use life based bows as

Level 100 marauder comparison:
HP: 6912
LA dps with frenzy charges: 7669
frenzy dps with frenzy charges: 34600
armor:412
evasion:3895
life regen:812
*30% crit damage reduction

Level 96 scion comparison:
HP: 7059
LA dps with frenzy charges: 9248
frenzy dps with frenzy charges: 43477
armor:412
evasion:2788
life regen: 695

Special thanks to:

http://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MonopolyLegend For making one of the best designed and underappreciated uniques in the game.

http://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/VenatorPoE For starting the bow marauder revolution.

http://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/dakoos For being a good friend through out the years.

Please post questions in thread and not ingame as others will be able to benefit and its not efficient to answer similar questions from 6 different people.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Mar 5, 2014, 2:49:31 AM
res
Just some few question..

- is your crit chance good enough to shock the enemies? how do you get your crit chance anyway ? you doesn't seems like taking much crit nodes in the passive tree

- why you never take the elemental damage nodes from the skill tree? especially the one near templar ( total of 40% ele damage with 3 skill point )

- the mana reduced from skill tree is enough to run 5 aura? ( without Alpha Howl )

"
Crynite wrote:
Just some few question..

- is your crit chance good enough to shock the enemies? how do you get your crit chance anyway ? you doesn't seems like taking much crit nodes in the passive tree

- why you never take the elemental damage nodes from the skill tree? especially the one near templar ( total of 40% ele damage with 3 skill point )

- the mana reduced from skill tree is enough to run 5 aura? ( without Alpha Howl )

- Yes, volt has an innate 10% shock as well

- Ele nodes are a waste because crit nodes will scale better and there is simply not enough nodes to go around.

- Without alphas you can run 4 at best

Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 2, 2014, 4:16:16 PM
Updated screen shot to include dps with the mirrored harbinger bow.
19.7K LA in a 6L
132k frenzy in a 6L
Can you post any vids of gameplay? I was contemplating on running auras but have been using a BM build to get as close to blastrophes build as possible but this may yield better results. Just looking for better numbers, and to see if dropping BM for the 4 auras will be a significant improvement on performance. Current gear:

any input would be appreciated
I do not know how to post game play videos but the numbers should speak for themselves.

Yes, you will see significant dps improvements if you switch to an aura based based especially since you are running lions eye which benefits tremendously from hatred.
However, this means you will need to drop Pcoc on LA and replace it with BM, same for frenzy. You can opt to put pcoc on frenzy if youd like.

Your gear set is well suited for such a build and is fairly well itemized.

One issue is the massive life consumption which you can offset with vitality, bloodance, life regen, or a combination of the 3.

Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 2, 2014, 6:20:22 PM
Yeah i was thinking of using a few of the uniques you had mentioned in the guide- only problem is that i'd have to build around the res that i'll lose. managed to keep them at 77 so i'm thinking either get tri res rings and such or run a purity, given that it will offset my resistances and boost them again-
"
xj1337 wrote:
Yeah i was thinking of using a few of the uniques you had mentioned in the guide- only problem is that i'd have to build around the res that i'll lose. managed to keep them at 77 so i'm thinking either get tri res rings and such or run a purity, given that it will offset my resistances and boost them again-

You can simply opt to run wrath hatred and purity or keep your gear set as is and run 3 dps auras. I am not sure if hatred or anger gives more dps for lions.
Definitely sure it would be Hatred; but on the topic of auras; Since you didnt take IR, did you ever find yourself having to run grace at lower levels?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info