[1.0.6] level 96 Arly's Lightning Arrow/Frenzy Aura Scion - 6 gameplay videos

Gameplay video of crematorium with double reflect and frenzy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgrahb-rFPs&feature=youtu.be
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 10, 2014, 10:58:57 PM
sick dude!
--- TEMPUS FUGIT ---
Potentially a dumb question, forgive me, but can this build be used with Split Arrow instead of Lightning Arrow? For some reason, I really want to try a SA build, but I like everything else about this build. Any input is appreciated, thanks!
"
Spt2527 wrote:
Potentially a dumb question, forgive me, but can this build be used with Split Arrow instead of Lightning Arrow? For some reason, I really want to try a SA build, but I like everything else about this build. Any input is appreciated, thanks!

Yes, and it will function pretty much the same except you swap LMP for faster attacks.

SA scales on physical where as LA scales on 'projectile' damage so there is a slight disadvantage with using voltaxic as your main bow. lions SA on the other hand is amazing and is less reflect prone than lions LA.

Additionally I will be taking requests for map mods/maps you would like to see me play and record. Obviously I can only reasonable spend so many chaos orbs for a set of mods but I will keep an eye out.
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 12, 2014, 4:31:57 AM
heya, can u plz post ur final skill tree till 90+ lvl
Do you think Hatred would be a good substitution for one of the elemental dmg auras, particularly if going Split Arrow, or will wrath and anger still out dps it?

PS - didn't realize how difficult it was going to be to get the right color sockets for these auras haha!
"
Spt2527 wrote:
Do you think Hatred would be a good substitution for one of the elemental dmg auras, particularly if going Split Arrow, or will wrath and anger still out dps it?

PS - didn't realize how difficult it was going to be to get the right color sockets for these auras haha!

if you use a physical based bow then hatred should outdps anger and definately outdps haste bit probably not wrath if you use wed.

mana reserve: http://fogz.mine.nu:8080/poe_reserved_calc/
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 18, 2014, 2:52:43 PM
Hi Arlyis. I have always loved archers and for the upcoming domination reset I am looking for a build that I want to take to high level (aiming for 90+). I feel this build is a good mix of what I am looking for (high dmg, good survivability, teamplay)

I have a few questions:

1) How do you feel about your marauder in terms of gameplay vs. the scion variant. I am especially thinking about IR + US vs. Acrobatics, Ondars and evasion and survivability.

2) I feel this is viablo for a new ladder and does not require Kaoms, Voltaxic Rift etc. until you eventually get those items. Am I right in this assumption or will I run into a lot of trouble?

3) Which of the two (marauder / Ranger vs. scion) do you feel is best for a fresh ladder economy? I feel the scion gets better quest rewards (compared to the marauder) and the aura's will provide a solid dps, until you get the gear in place.

4) I notice you never help oak for the extra 40hp. Is this because you aim for such a high lvl, that an 8% hp node is better?

5) Could you show / describe a few talent setups, around lvl 90? You obviously have quite some expirience at endgame, and I would like to leech from that expirience :p

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABA5YEfgW1BfkM8g5IEZYV8BcvGYoZ1xqPHNwdFB2qJDwksCepJ-0tgy9vMHw1kjY9Nuk51DpYOuE7KDwtPs9Bh0ZxSVFN41FHVdZZ81ptW_RgQ2NDZOdmnmh0bj1v8nBScLtw1X11fyt_xoCkgwmG0YcZiGuI8Y19jb-QVZMnlKCXBp2joJ-ly6ZXp1yqf6q4rFmsqrQMtz67473mwBrAUcSixPbGrtN-1CPWithN2RPaYuGI42rjhOdj8kXz3fba-WP56PrS-wn8q_4K_kn-j_66

This would be my first idea for an elemental oriented dmg build at lvl 88, based around your template.

Thanks in advance
"
Frankenberry wrote:
Hi Arlyis. I have always loved archers and for the upcoming domination reset I am looking for a build that I want to take to high level (aiming for 90+). I feel this build is a good mix of what I am looking for (high dmg, good survivability, teamplay)

I have a few questions:

1) How do you feel about your marauder in terms of gameplay vs. the scion variant. I am especially thinking about IR + US vs. Acrobatics, Ondars and evasion and survivability.

Marauder has a bit more life and life regen but is much less positioned to run 60 60 60 40 40 auras. Scion has noticebly more dps (and stronger auras) but less life and less life regen.

I took marauder to 100 using us+IR (50 ish deaths life time)
My scion is level 95 atm using ondars+acrobatics (9 deaths life time)

Honestly its a close race but I would have to say I prefer ondars + acrobatics due to the most dangerous things being ranged projectile and ele reflec which acrobatics/ondars heavily mitigates.

2) I feel this is viablo for a new ladder and does not require Kaoms, Voltaxic Rift etc. until you eventually get those items. Am I right in this assumption or will I run into a lot of trouble?

You can certainly run this with nothing but a tabula rasa and any random lions eyes or even a simple tri ele thicket though obviously you will need to make up the difference in hp through gear itemization and heavy life node investment.

Koams is needed for the huge life gain
Voltaxic is only used for the reflect mitigation - many random ele thickets that sell for 2-4 exalt will actually out dps it.

The build i present here is represents the end game stage of the build and I do have a gear set posted at ~ level 55

3) Which of the two (marauder / Ranger vs. scion) do you feel is best for a fresh ladder economy? I feel the scion gets better quest rewards (compared to the marauder) and the aura's will provide a solid dps, until you get the gear in place.

By far marauder due to the massive health you start out with as well as easy access to ele resist nodes.

Scion is ideal if are able to acquire end game gear, I do not see any class being able to reach the potential that scion can assuming idealized gear

Ranger is very similar to marauder except it will have slightly more dps/accuracry and slightly less hp/life regen - the difference is essentially the starting 4-8 nodes.

4) I notice you never help oak for the extra 40hp. Is this because you aim for such a high lvl, that an 8% hp node is better?

8% life node will provide more life than 40 life at least for 1000 life koams builds, I have no tested it with 500 life koams builds. anything else, oak should be the best life gain

5) Could you show / describe a few talent setups, around lvl 90? You obviously have quite some expirience at endgame, and I would like to leech from that expirience :p

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABA5YEfgW1BfkM8g5IEZYV8BcvGYoZ1xqPHNwdFB2qJDwksCepJ-0tgy9vMHw1kjY9Nuk51DpYOuE7KDwtPs9Bh0ZxSVFN41FHVdZZ81ptW_RgQ2NDZOdmnmh0bj1v8nBScLtw1X11fyt_xoCkgwmG0YcZiGuI8Y19jb-QVZMnlKCXBp2joJ-ly6ZXp1yqf6q4rFmsqrQMtz67473mwBrAUcSixPbGrtN-1CPWithN2RPaYuGI42rjhOdj8kXz3fba-WP56PrS-wn8q_4K_kn-j_66

This would be my first idea for an elemental oriented dmg build at lvl 88, based around your template.

Looks good to me, i would go for the crit damage nodes near ranger or life if you need it

Additionally, you can swap the life regen nodes for projectile and all resist near scion start if you need a more offensive build and can live without that life regen.

Thanks in advance

I could probably round up a decent non end game version of the build but Regret orbs are incredibly expensive so youd have to use your imagination a bit for the life total.
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 18, 2014, 8:14:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info