Nemesis One Week Race

"
kasub wrote:
You can get demigods in shorter race.

That said I am disappointed in the lack of prizes.

Or even just points... but I suppose calculating point breaks for a week long event would be a little tricky.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ OTHER START TIME or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

For EU the race starts directly with the new year
Last edited by Swarox on Dec 23, 2013, 9:54:24 PM
Looks cool.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
I think this is a good idea, i want more races in nemesis, many a time i've found great uiques and wanted them in my domination league.
Nice idea - but i agree with the people complaining about the rewards policies.

Don't get me wrong: I don't mind 24/7 or hardcore players getting the best prices and rewards, those players keep f2p games active (and hopefully purchase shop items ;) ).
But GGG staff should really think about the more casual players who just don't have the time to play all the time.

So how about these 2 ideas for upcoming race events:
1: Have a lottery - players who achieve a certain lvl or match some challenges (depending on the event's conditions) will take part in a lottery pool for some nice ingame or cash shop items when the event ends.
Or
2: Players will receive some kind of credit points for taking part in race events. They can accumalate those credit points and swap credits for ingame or cash shop items eg every 3 months.

Imho that would encourage players who know they can never reach the top 20 or 100 of a race event because they just don't have enough time for playing PoE (just like me ;) ) to take part in race events even when knowing they won't win.
"
Xenest wrote:
"
"
Xenest wrote:
Oh cool, another race where only the people who play non stop 24/7 get rewards. GGG, please add more incentive to give regular/casual racers a glimmer of hope of actually getting a demigod.

Demigod's are trophies, they're supposed to be special and given to people who excel in performance. You don't get Olympic medal's for trying, you've gotta beat the best.

Yes because everyone can easily compete against someone who can spend 100+ hours playing. Guess they out performed me because I have stuff I need to do and can't devote all my time playing PoE.

The next competitive race starts in 20 hours. It's a 90 min race. You can win your Demi there and don't even have to invest alot of time!!
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
We should get at least like 10 points for hitting level 60

20 points for level 80

or something.....
"
Shea213 wrote:
We should get at least like 10 points for hitting level 60

20 points for level 80

or something.....

Points for what? This isn't a race season five event. Season five wraps up on the 28th. This is an off-season event.
"
Gruentod wrote:
Or even just points... but I suppose calculating point breaks for a week long event would be a little tricky.

They do point breaks in typical week races. There can't be points here since it's offseason.

"
Swarox wrote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ OTHER START TIME or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

For EU the race starts directly with the new year

You need to get your priorities straight! ;)

"
Zlottles wrote:
1: Have a lottery - players who achieve a certain lvl or match some challenges (depending on the event's conditions) will take part in a lottery pool for some nice ingame or cash shop items when the event ends.

Cash shop items is a good idea for offseason races, and easy for them to implement with the current system. It would also give a taste of microtransactions to some who normally don't get any.
Necropolis: 95
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Considering the start date, this is a Six Day Race for most people. Still good to see. One week stuff has always been fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info