Nemesis One Week Race

"
zaakat66 wrote:
So... let me get this straight. I was playing the race for getting points for the cheap ring (7 points) I didn't get too far since I dont have much free time to play. I was being realistic, SO as far as I have read in this thread, It seems like I'm getting nothing? only the top 20 or so get rewarded? I got to level 38 marauder, not much, but men I was expecting at least 7 friggin points... sigh.

It appears you should read the race information before the race. Also, expecting 7 points for hitting 38 in a week race is pretty wishful thinking...maybe 7 points for hitting 78+ would be more reasonable (but this was after the race season ended so there's nowhere to award points...so why are you expecting them?).
IGN: kmu//KaruiStorm//RIPInDueTime//ScionOrAWonder//RIPPEDInVasionTime//UmbralRampage
Last edited by elf_01 on Jan 9, 2014, 3:16:13 AM
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
I am pleased to see that the lowest level is 6.
That means, that everybody that created a character actually played it for a while.

Ladders only show top 15000.

"
zaakat66 wrote:
So... let me get this straight. I was playing the race for getting points for the cheap ring (7 points) I didn't get too far since I dont have much free time to play. I was being realistic, SO as far as I have read in this thread, It seems like I'm getting nothing? only the top 20 or so get rewarded? I got to level 38 marauder, not much, but men I was expecting at least 7 friggin points... sigh.

Sigh. I hope you did not "waste" too much time then. If you had read the info post, you would have known.
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Jan 10, 2014, 2:41:16 AM
Congrats to the top players, especially to those who got there fair and square. I'm happy with my nr. 100 spot. Next time i'm going to make a group from the start though, i tried but they all died and i lost two days of muddling along.

Still, not bad for a newbie who never gotten past docks merciless. Was even the first time i did maps and i almost ripped several times. Damn you reflect and nasty cb mods.

Thanks to all who grouped with me.

McSnuffie.

P.S. some more 3-4 day races with reward points would be nice though. I enjoyed this one more then the other races or maybe a map group race where we all start as lvl 80 so there's more lightning on the screen instead of that slow start going pew pew.
Last edited by Ahskay on Jan 9, 2014, 5:30:30 AM
"
knac84 wrote:
My only question is, "Echoing Shrine" are a myth?

2) Touch all shrines cause didn't want to start a Domination character. FAILED (so far, never stop believing.)

I've played around 500hrs in Domination and I've seen my first echoing 2 days ago. So it would have been half miracle you would find one in one week ;)
Yes they should be more common, and the crap shrines (I call them perdolan shrines because of the noise they make and do nothing like teh firestorm and shock nova ones).
"
leto2626 wrote:
"
knac84 wrote:
My only question is, "Echoing Shrine" are a myth?

2) Touch all shrines cause didn't want to start a Domination character. FAILED (so far, never stop believing.)

I've played around 500hrs in Domination and I've seen my first echoing 2 days ago. So it would have been half miracle you would find one in one week ;)
Yes they should be more common, and the crap shrines (I call them perdolan shrines because of the noise they make and do nothing like teh firestorm and shock nova ones).

I found 3 divine shrines and 4 echoing shrines during the 1 week. Found one of each in act 3 merciless and the rest in maps. They make bosses pretty trivial.
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Jan 9, 2014, 10:14:59 AM
"
dumptruckboss wrote:

Here is some of the gear I was using during the race. I couldn't get a curse immunity roll on my jade flask.

On day 5 our team was on top and I decided to respec about 12 damage nodes (from mostly ranger tree area) into more life, mana and chaos res. The crazy Highborn Bow allowed me to still have decent damage even while using item rarity and culling strike in my 5 link for split arrow. This is an etup style not dying build where I could take a large amount of damage and still be able to play when I am very sleepy. To prevent a corrupting blood sleeping death I would shoot arrows while focusing on the lower left of my screen and wake up more if I saw that my life was going down.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4FLQguDkgRlhUgGNsZihmOGo8c3B2qHpQhYCLqI_YkPCU_J6kppSpNLOktgzGeNZI64T8nQKBBh0ZxSVFKfUrITeNOKlYtVvpaSFptW69f4WBLYqxnoGskbBZuqm-ecLt07XTxeu99dX_Ggh6DCYPbhTKHdojxkyeV6ZcGm42btZ2qnrmio6ZXpzSnXKw_rFmsf7QMtBq18rc-u-PB88M6xKLKSs5x037WndkT2wvcV90N4Yjiy-dj7YPuDu967_DxdvJF9tr56PsJ_Ev8xf4K_o_-ug==

With this build my split arrow was linked with item rarity culling strike faster attacks chain and had 2.3k dps with auras/charges at the end of the race. My frenzy was at 10k with auras/charges. Frenzy was linked with faster attacks, mana leech, weapon ele and added fire dmg.

During tests and using dps gems/gear I was able to get the split arrow to around 4k+ with increased crit dmg/weapon ele, but decided to keep magic finding until the end with 200+ rarity. With over 4k damage on chain I was afraid of dying to reflect and keeping the item rarity/culling gems in paid off big later. I had 250+ with the Auraseize gloves on most of the time, but on day 5 I decided to take them off in favor of damage/life/resist gloves.

I culled 2 Auxiums, 2 Aegis Auroras, Rainbowstrides and tons of other great uniques/rares during the race for our team that definitely gave us a huge advantage in gear over other teams.

Thanks to everyone on my team in the Exiles Guild and the people that helped me along the way. I love you all so much!

I am making a highlight movie of all of the awesome things that happened to us during the week, with multiple points of view from our stream footage. It should be done in under a month and it will be really funny and cool, probably one of the best poe movies ever.

Congrats To everyone, and especially Dumptruck.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Yeah thanks for the replies I can see where I was mistaken at, I'm new to this game, some of the next season events seem more friendly for the casual player though, like the 100hrs race for example, some others I guess are for devoted players, which I think it's perfectly ok; I can't complain since I got the reward bow as a drop and some other orange items on the one week race :) and I'm also playing for free lol have fun guys!
"
zaakat66 wrote:
Yeah thanks for the replies I can see where I was mistaken at, I'm new to this game, some of the next season events seem more friendly for the casual player though, like the 100hrs race for example, some others I guess are for devoted players, which I think it's perfectly ok; I can't complain since I got the reward bow as a drop and some other orange items on the one week race :) and I'm also playing for free lol have fun guys!

It is 100 minutes ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info