Nemesis One Week Race

Ripped at 82 to the overgrown shrine boss. Miss-clicked my portal and died..
"
IamtheAxeMan wrote:
So it looks like without motivation for player to play in this race because getting to the top 40 is imposable..... it is a dead race at lower levels.

Agreed. Whilst these races provide GGG with a lot of useful information about how quickly players can progress, how they progress and how economies evolve in a short time frame etc etc... you have to wonder how valuable that information truly is?

Also, as much as I love the Twitch integration, community and content producers, as it provides such great exposure and adds depth to the community: there is a risk there that it will impact negatively on these races. With such limited rewards, for such a commitment, there is little incentive for regular players to play knowing that Twitch players can easily draw on community support to help them (either via gear, currency and party members).

This is not "sour grapes" towards Twitch players in anyway, because I too offer some of them support. I know due to RL (work & social) commitments I was never going to have the time to aim for the top race rewards (just aimed for a 65 toon, shrines and make some currency)... so, I am happy to support some Twitch contenders via favourable gear/currency trades. Known streamers can rely on players contacting them to offer gear etc.

I feel for the non-streamers (the unknown players) who have time to compete and yet must spend more energy trading (online shops, forums and chat) or on making parties. It is simply harder for them to compete, so I understand when these types of players lack the motivation.

But getting back to the information these races provide: these 1 week races are obviously more appealing to the "full time" players (professional streamers/gamers) and not so appealing for those with work/study/RL commitments. It then becomes a question of if this same core group of FT competitors is providing useful information?

Still, the races are a great feature in POE. :)
GL all.
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
So I did my first "long" race and my first hardcore character at once! I started 3 or 4 days ago.

I don't think I'll have time to play again before the end of the race. I'm pretty happy with my run, almost got to Vaal with my lvl 47 st scion. Those nemesis affixes are awesome! I'm pretty happy with my 2340th place.
First hardcore character and got to cruel Vaal? That's good to hear and quite impressive.

I have a question. My character died and I have no other characters in the one week league. Will my stash still move to Nemesis when the race ends or do I need a character in the league for that to happen?
"
Xanthian93 wrote:
First hardcore character and got to cruel Vaal? That's good to hear and quite impressive.

I have a question. My character died and I have no other characters in the one week league. Will my stash still move to Nemesis when the race ends or do I need a character in the league for that to happen?

The way it have worked before at least is that the stash is transferred to the parent league with or without a character present.
My only question is, "Echoing Shrine" are a myth?

I had to motivations in this race, given that I knew I couldn't compete for top 40:
1) Reach 65 with one character for the challenge. ACHIEVED
2) Touch all shrines cause didn't want to start a Domination character. FAILED (so far, never stop believing.)

Seriously, first, I thought shrines would be more common. Their impact is meaningless because they are too scarce (I'm sure there is as always some 'in-game economy' rationale from GGG due to increased mob density from shrines, as always screwing the gameplay). Second, some of these shrines in top of the rarity are too rare. I still have to find echoing and only found divine shrine once (lucky me docks run).

I don't even know if some place have higher chance of spawning echoing or what or when can I try to find it (doing maps now).

All in all, my recap of the one-week: unfortunately due to work and some events I had I couldn't play all I wanted to. But good enough I had some days off and could play a little bit more from Saturday to today (hope I can play for like 10h today maybe). Lvl 77 witch so far, I made an elemental wander based on auras and the character is starting to grow with "better" gear (bad by 4-month and permanent standards, but hey, it's a one-week!) and pretty cool, so may keep playing it in Nemesis over my other high lvl char, unfortunately is not as easy to pull off good dmg as with melee phys chars or some casters/summoners, so I had to be carried a bit in some places, specially early endgame (I used ST up to Fellshrine merciless when I tried to make the change a few times unsuccessfully until I finally could at 62 or so). I started mapping at around 68-69 but not very lucky, so have only a 66 in my stash lol, but met other people so we were running 68-69 yesterday.

As for noticeable drops... I had 3x CWdT drop (only dropped once in all my Nemesis playthroughts lol, including my main there with hundreds of maps done), and yesterday I got an Exalted (which is at my stash). I did very little trading as the market for mediocre gear and low level was pretty much dead when I started to get more involved in the race and rather play than spam in trade chat shitty items/uniques. With the little currency I could amass I bought a 6S 5L es/eva chest lvl 68 ilvl 71 (for something like around 20 chaos equivalent). Unfortunately didn't have the currency to roll it properly so I'm sitting with a mediocre roll. After that I got the exalted drop in a Tunnel map hehe.

Overall pretty cool stuff, I think I can easily reach 80 today if play a bit more, but a bit disappointed about the shrine thing, and I'm not motivated to play Domination (I may play the next 4 month SC league though), so may not complete that challenge after all :(
Last edited by knac84 on Jan 8, 2014, 6:06:53 AM
Had a great time doing this, my first race. Died at 67 on my Flameblaster but it was awesome fun. Hope I've got it right about stash being transfered to Nemesis as well, as I had the most almighty visit from RNGesus
- took 11 Jewellers and 4 Fusings (don't hate!) and didn't dare use it o_O <3 Died to a desync - but was playing badly too.
Last edited by LoganTing on Jan 8, 2014, 9:26:07 AM
Alright RIPInDueTime, quitting the race due to exhaustion at rank 52/level 85, it's been a blast (/played = 3d 11h 30m). Played mostly solo, did a bit of progression 2man/3man (cruel dom/early merc with TofuWillDie, late merc with (RIP)SabDragon and (RIP)SpaghettiThrower). Huge props to the bros in /global 5055 for keeping entertained, awake, and motivated all race (SabFerraDragon, Spaghettithrower, Lord__Keynes, Burn_bb_burn, shiny_disco_balls, dodgyd, genjispecthrow, tofuwilldie, mwumwu, O_ODem_Boots, bunch more that I'm likely forgetting due to being sleepy). Goodnight folks, hopefully I'll still be top60 when I wake up after the race is over.

Most mapping solo until final day, where GenjiSpecThrow and I (and SpaghettiThrower until he ripped to fractured halfregen elereflect bs) made our push for top40/demis until now, where we're clearly about to die to some stupid mistake brought on by exhaustion (read: not noticing that I'm dropping to 20%), and with our map RNG dying. Been a great race, enjoyed it tonnes.

Honestly never expected to get this far, this is my first HC char to survive past a3c, so was really chill first few days, before realizing that making the push was realistic.

Notable drops: 5l astral plate in docks was the only real one (exalted that 16 life Q_Q). Had pretty good gear rng all in all (those rings), played almost entirely self found (bought the helm from Genji and the amulet from someone in /global 5055)

Build (EK EB AA Scion):
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAF4EfgX5CC4IZw5IEZYVIBXwGYoZjhqPHNwdqh6UI_YkPCSdJ6kppSpNLOktgy2oL28xnjIBNZI6WDrhPydGcUlRSn1KyE3jTipWLVb6WkhaUlptW69iWmKsZ6BsFm6qcLt9dX_Ggh6DCYPbhxmHdohCiPGTJ5cGmyabXZuNm7WdqqOKplenXKiarD-sWax_sZC0DLXyt9a748HFwzrEos5x037WndkT2wvbWdxX3Q3hiOdj7YPuDu967_DyRfKX9tr7CfxL_MX-Cv6P_ro=

Gear (had some really sick pieces for a 1wk):
Spoiler

Edit: Looks like I'm finishing rank 54 (45th alive). I can live with that...so close to a demi, but oh well!
IGN: kmu//KaruiStorm//RIPInDueTime//ScionOrAWonder//RIPPEDInVasionTime//UmbralRampage
Last edited by elf_01 on Jan 8, 2014, 5:33:54 PM
"
knac84 wrote:
My only question is, "Echoing Shrine" are a myth?
Spoiler

I had to motivations in this race, given that I knew I couldn't compete for top 40:
1) Reach 65 with one character for the challenge. ACHIEVED
2) Touch all shrines cause didn't want to start a Domination character. FAILED (so far, never stop believing.)

Seriously, first, I thought shrines would be more common. Their impact is meaningless because they are too scarce (I'm sure there is as always some 'in-game economy' rationale from GGG due to increased mob density from shrines, as always screwing the gameplay). Second, some of these shrines in top of the rarity are too rare. I still have to find echoing and only found divine shrine once (lucky me docks run).

I don't even know if some place have higher chance of spawning echoing or what or when can I try to find it (doing maps now).

All in all, my recap of the one-week: unfortunately due to work and some events I had I couldn't play all I wanted to. But good enough I had some days off and could play a little bit more from Saturday to today (hope I can play for like 10h today maybe). Lvl 77 witch so far, I made an elemental wander based on auras and the character is starting to grow with "better" gear (bad by 4-month and permanent standards, but hey, it's a one-week!) and pretty cool, so may keep playing it in Nemesis over my other high lvl char, unfortunately is not as easy to pull off good dmg as with melee phys chars or some casters/summoners, so I had to be carried a bit in some places, specially early endgame (I used ST up to Fellshrine merciless when I tried to make the change a few times unsuccessfully until I finally could at 62 or so). I started mapping at around 68-69 but not very lucky, so have only a 66 in my stash lol, but met other people so we were running 68-69 yesterday.

As for noticeable drops... I had 3x CWdT drop (only dropped once in all my Nemesis playthroughts lol, including my main there with hundreds of maps done), and yesterday I got an Exalted (which is at my stash). I did very little trading as the market for mediocre gear and low level was pretty much dead when I started to get more involved in the race and rather play than spam in trade chat shitty items/uniques. With the little currency I could amass I bought a 6S 5L es/eva chest lvl 68 ilvl 71 (for something like around 20 chaos equivalent). Unfortunately didn't have the currency to roll it properly so I'm sitting with a mediocre roll. After that I got the exalted drop in a Tunnel map hehe.

Overall pretty cool stuff, I think I can easily reach 80 today if play a bit more, but a bit disappointed about the shrine thing, and I'm not motivated to play Domination (I may play the next 4 month SC league though), so may not complete that challenge after all :(

If you see this before the race ends: in my experience from leveling a character on DOM for the shrines a while ago, merciless City of Sarn was probably the best place. My farm ended at level 66 (glass cannon CI crit discharge witch) where I found an Echoing shrine, then about 20 runs later, 2 Divine shrines in the same instance.
Casually fireblasting to the end

Used everything on maps in the end and it payed of. Ended race with 1 pure ex, and 2-3 alts.
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info