[1.06] [SC] Dual Wands! Barrage on Max crit Over 630,000! dps AOE (the Rainbow of death!) [V 2.1]

"
Gobice wrote:
I am lvling my Scion with this build and i must say its super fun. I am planning on using a shield and a wand tho for block.

One question regarding Elemental equilibrium. I don't really understand how it works. Lets say u hit a target with 5 fireballs and then with 5 arctic breaths. Doesn't only the first fireball get +50% dmg and other four -25%? Or do all 5 fireballs count as one attack and they all get a bonus?

Just asking so i know if Elemental equilibrium really does increase overall dmg.

Very good question! I have the same problem as well when i start using it.

Elemental equilibrium

This base on hit. if you using 2 element spell gem, you will see massive increase in damage.

For Example,

SPELL : Fireball : FB, Arctic Breath : AB

RESIST : Fire resist: FR, Cold resist: CR, Lighting Resist : LR

if you cast 5 FB and 5 AB, What will happen is like this.

When you COC, Spell will look like this

FB > AB > FB > AB > ......

Since you have spell have 100 chance to hit. and your wand only have physical damage

- 50% CR/LR > -50% FR/LR > - 50% CR/LR > -50% FR/LR > ......

Or

Easy way to know, After cast spell just look at UNDER Monster name, will show what type of resist it got.

I hope you understand my English + I little bit drunk lol

and Lets me know how COC + Shield work :)

Enjoy the fun! Peace!

IGN: SMALLDUCK
Last edited by GOONK on Jan 20, 2014, 2:43:43 AM
I see. thx for your explanation. My plan is to use a shield because i have

and

My planned skill tree looks like this:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABt9bbWS2osZCDCUZxb56cpGgOhxO0DJMnaj9TuIVVidMqCxzcf8YRlg5I44Sdo9A5F9j8q1762E2UoNpiaHT56ILHKPqYrevuuJOnCI9GgUmyOGZPHRRMNSjF87760nB9qZUaMlFg0NDPZVXGNukkqhmF42rAUXDVcFLz6l3yQsPfhAL-jDZjQ_LhwuwegUuN_xydqmKs1p2IazY953Rh4t722j0nYQbpCSG-vLM_T1Ye3w==

After then i might use Acrobatics or as much +hp% as i can.
My crit chance will not be as high as yours so i am not sure how good Elemntal equilibrium will be since it has a higher chance to cast only one spell and not both.
"
Gobice wrote:
I see. thx for your explanation. My plan is to use a shield because i have

and

My planned skill tree looks like this:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABt9bbWS2osZCDCUZxb56cpGgOhxO0DJMnaj9TuIVVidMqCxzcf8YRlg5I44Sdo9A5F9j8q1762E2UoNpiaHT56ILHKPqYrevuuJOnCI9GgUmyOGZPHRRMNSjF87760nB9qZUaMlFg0NDPZVXGNukkqhmF42rAUXDVcFLz6l3yQsPfhAL-jDZjQ_LhwuwegUuN_xydqmKs1p2IazY953Rh4t722j0nYQbpCSG-vLM_T1Ye3w==

After then i might use Acrobatics or as much +hp% as i can.
My crit chance will not be as high as yours so i am not sure how good Elemntal equilibrium will be since it has a higher chance to cast only one spell and not both.

If you crit you greantee to cast at least 2 spells, if you have 2 spell gem :)

And

That build is very intesting :), I think it work.

For me, if you get 70% crit is enough for COC to pro spell try to get that mark.
Atm I am lvl 55 and i'm using rainbow build since lvl 30. Main problem is i had to get all crit nodes before lvl 30 so i only have 600 HP. Soloing is a bit tricky and soloing bosses is super hard. But if you like to play in a group its perfect (minus a melted graphic card if a random guy now and then). Yesterday we were on Cruel Dominus and in the middle of a fight there was so much shit on the screen the whole zone crashed and our group with it. I felt kinda bad for others but it was so funny for me.
I think when i get more HP and block its going to be a decent build. Need to get a better wand. Now i have 60% crit and i think i could get it to 70%. Not sure what is max wand crit chance. The one i have now has 10% crit.
So yea i will report when i get to maps and ty for this build i never had so much fun in this game. :D
"
Gobice wrote:
Atm I am lvl 55 and i'm using rainbow build since lvl 30. Main problem is i had to get all crit nodes before lvl 30 so i only have 600 HP. Soloing is a bit tricky and soloing bosses is super hard. But if you like to play in a group its perfect (minus a melted graphic card if a random guy now and then). Yesterday we were on Cruel Dominus and in the middle of a fight there was so much shit on the screen the whole zone crashed and our group with it. I felt kinda bad for others but it was so funny for me.
I think when i get more HP and block its going to be a decent build. Need to get a better wand. Now i have 60% crit and i think i could get it to 70%. Not sure what is max wand crit chance. The one i have now has 10% crit.
So yea i will report when i get to maps and ty for this build i never had so much fun in this game. :D

That the point to have fun, I know how that feel lol!

but

If you have bad lag with you party, My suggestion is go for Arc + Lighting Storm to reduce lag.

From your shield build, I think it work really might be better then my build for survival, I suggest that you get +10 x2 all resist from shield. Because you will have hard time getting max resist.

For Crit, If you wand have 10% crit base, every point of 1 crit% will = to 1% of your crit chance.

Enjoy and have fun man :)
Update Video (about 2hr for upload)

Solo Dominus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftuZ3wE5508&feature=youtu.be

Now I can farm him :)

Little hard but beatable
Last edited by GOONK on Jan 21, 2014, 2:55:12 PM
I noticed you are using Fireball and Ice spear instead of Arctic breath. Does Ice spear give you more dmg than arctic breath or is there a different reason behind your decision?
"
Gobice wrote:
I noticed you are using Fireball and Ice spear instead of Arctic breath. Does Ice spear give you more dmg than arctic breath or is there a different reason behind your decision?

Yes Arctic breath, create major lag! and it cant fly above wall so i feel that Ice spear is much better.

For your shield block, i find out that if you have frost wall level 1 + cast on damage taken, you really don't need shield man. However it might be different reason, up to your style. Just FYI L\:)
bump
math is wrong in the dps section, crit multiplier is taken into account when displaying average damage of the spells ;).

I know this because I also run a CoC build (build posted in this section also). Adding crit multiplier on my fireballs makes em do about 30% more average dmg, which is pretty nice :).

I'm pretty sure this isnt 200k DPS, because my build clears stuff WAY faster and runs at about 50k dps per target hit. (clears dominus in a few seconds, he attacks me once per fight).

Here is where i think it's wrong:

1. Barrage shot 8 Projectile, if you add chain then
2. it will shot 16 Projectiles, if all crit,then
3. It will cast 128 Projectile Spells in 1 sec, If you put 2 spell gem then
4. It will cast 256 Projectile in 1sec, since you have chain on it will do more 2x chain to monster
5. That total of 768 Projectile Spells in 1 sec!
6. If fire ball do avg of 300 damage, then the total damage per cast 230,400! but

7. Of course there wont be ton of monster in one area so that just theory craft :) but it fun to watch
8. If I have 400% crit multiple and they all crit then 230k + 400% = 1.1Million!!!
9. My gems only level 15 right now, so I will test it out and report to you :D

You need to calculate attacks speed, accuracy, critchance and cast on crit chance to know how many procs per second you do. Then you can add up those procs.

the bolded part is wrong, because most of those projectiles will miss and hit nothing. You are attacking at range, so more than half the projectiles are passing by monsters and not chaining. Also, to reach 200k dps, all those projectiles would have to hit the same target and chain themselves on that single target (which isnt possible). Also, barrage has the tendency to miss with a lot of the projectiles (the wander off, sadly :S).

That being said, your dmg output for AOE and big mob pacts is still pretty nice, and the look is awesome ;).
Last edited by Detpurroc on Jan 26, 2014, 7:16:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info