[1.06] [SC] Dual Wands! Barrage on Max crit Over 630,000! dps AOE (the Rainbow of death!) [V 2.1]

Update FAQ
IGN: SMALLDUCK
So from what I can see the only benefit you get from dual wielding is twin terrors. Wouldn't it be better to drop that portion of the tree and pick up Intense Zeal? You lose 25% weapon crit chance but gain 75% spell crit chance and 10% crit multi. Twin terrors is weapon crit so your spells are not affected by it. I think going intense zeal + a shield is much better. You can even get a spell damage spell crit shield.
This build looks ~SUPER~ dumb! I can't wait to try it out!

Couple questions:

Is there any reason why Barrage stays at level 1? (Other than keeping a low mana cost/most of the damage comes from the CoC spells anyway?)

So the v1.05 CoC changes have actually ~Improved~ this build? I thought it could only proc once every 10ms, or does Barrage not hit fast enough to run up against that cap?

I'm gonna need a Tabula Rasa for this, right? Is it just for getting a 6L for cheap? (I'm poor so whatever works)

Can't wait to try the build, gonna have to keep my eye out for some good Crit wands.
"
Cymril wrote:

Hmm is that good or bad lol, but im sure you will enjoy it.

Couple questions:

Is there any reason why Barrage stays at level 1? (Other than keeping a low mana cost/most of the damage comes from the CoC spells anyway?)
yes no point to pass one, you main damage is spell not barrage but if you can get 150% physical damage +XX damage with 90+% spell damage + 12% crit base wand then i would invest in it :)

So the v1.05 CoC changes have actually ~Improved~ this build? I thought it could only proc once every 10ms, or does Barrage not hit fast enough to run up against that cap?

For my experience yes! If you crit all spell will come out. 1sec have 1000ms, so 10ms is nohting

I'm gonna need a Tabula Rasa for this, right? Is it just for getting a 6L for cheap? (I'm poor so whatever works)

YES, if you have better 6l go head and use it.

Can't wait to try the build, gonna have to keep my eye out for some good Crit wands.

"

So from what I can see the only benefit you get from dual wielding is twin terrors. Wouldn't it be better to drop that portion of the tree and pick up Intense Zeal? You lose 25% weapon crit chance but gain 75% spell crit chance and 10% crit multi. Twin terrors is weapon crit so your spells are not affected by it. I think going intense zeal + a shield is much better. You can even get a spell damage spell crit shield."

I agree, If you like it that way, but my goal is 95% max crit with out power charge.

And my build only need 80 pts to complete, so if you like damage feel free to add damage nods

Or get Vaal pact to prevent damage from reflect mobs that just 8 points

I dont care much about damage becuse i think it enough.
Last edited by GOONK on Jan 14, 2014, 9:01:08 PM

"

So from what I can see the only benefit you get from dual wielding is twin terrors. Wouldn't it be better to drop that portion of the tree and pick up Intense Zeal? You lose 25% weapon crit chance but gain 75% spell crit chance and 10% crit multi. Twin terrors is weapon crit so your spells are not affected by it. I think going intense zeal + a shield is much better. You can even get a spell damage spell crit shield."

I agree, If you like it that way, but my goal is 95% max crit with out power charge.

And my build only need 80 pts to complete, so if you like damage feel free to add damage nods

I dont care much about damage becuse i think it enough.
[/quote]

Right but what's the point in 95% crit when you have no shield, crit is only on your weapon and you have no accuracy. At a certain point less crit for more accuracy would result in you critting more often in this build.
"
GOONK wrote:
"
Cymril wrote:

Hmm is that good or bad lol, but im sure you will enjoy it.

Oh no, Dumb is Good. Because videogame dumb is always entertaining.

Thank you for answering my questions!
Last edited by Cymril on Jan 14, 2014, 1:48:20 PM
Update

SOLO peity video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pbncCqQnKg&feature=youtu.be
I tried your build for a few days, thx.
And do you consider to use the flask that has the affix "recharges 1 charge when you deal a Critical Strike"?
I make all my five flask have this and think it's useful for this build, since you could say goodbye to your Clarity and just add a Hybird Flask , then you could use another Aura like Grace.
"
Komoechan wrote:
I tried your build for a few days, thx.
And do you consider to use the flask that has the affix "recharges 1 charge when you deal a Critical Strike"?
I make all my five flask have this and think it's useful for this build, since you could say goodbye to your Clarity and just add a Hybird Flask , then you could use another Aura like Grace.

Never though of that thanks man! going to alt my pots :)
I am lvling my Scion with this build and i must say its super fun. I am planning on using a shield and a wand tho for block.

One question regarding Elemental equilibrium. I don't really understand how it works. Lets say u hit a target with 5 fireballs and then with 5 arctic breaths. Doesn't only the first fireball get +50% dmg and other four -25%? Or do all 5 fireballs count as one attack and they all get a bonus?

Just asking so i know if Elemental equilibrium really does increase overall dmg.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info