The Blazing Build

Hello guys!
I had much fun with the Blazing Build, but when the Albino feathers are flying away, the time has come. This is the end of the Blazing Build.
There we're too many problems with stats etc. that I cannot fix with a newer build version.
Example:
Spoiler
Wiki and Forum still says a level 26 PoF gives 6 max res.

Sorry for the many problems. I only can thank everyone who helped me, in my over 200 hours play time on my Blazing char. If you still want to continue with a Life RF build, then go for Oro's Righhteous Fire build. Congratulations to Oro, I can't min/max a RF more than his one.
Here is his build:www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/663122

If you still have questions, feel free to ask.

Because it got asked, here is the build:
Spoiler

Intro:
Hello guys, and welcome to the Blazing Build.
Since 1.0.0 I was testing some stuff with Righteous Fire. But I always thought, how can I min/max this complex ability in terms of survivability without losing clear speed/dps. After like 20 changes and many Regret's used, I've got it balanced to this final point. This build can handle Half-Regen and Vulnerability easy. Because of its high defense its also possible to play this in a permanent death league.

Why are you playing Righteous Fire?
Spoiler
After 1.0.0 I thought spell caster got a little bit nerfed, so I was looking for the new way to combine clear speed and survivability. Righteous Fire was for me a crazy ability, because you're running nearly all the time so your clear speed is very high. Also really great is your defense (Life) will get converted to damage. With this advantage all your life nodes are damage nodes! Another big advantage is you can stack damage high over 50k without needing to going Vaal Pact, loosing survivability or getting destoryed on reflect.

Leveling and Bandit Rewards
Spoiler
Leveling:
Because keeping up Righteous Fire is only possible in late game, leveling is hard. I prefere to level with Ethereal Knives, until level 70+. It has high damage with a Spell Damage Wand and no passives. Otherwise you can respecc with every build into the Blazing Build.
Here are also some skill trees to follow while leveling up:

Bandit Rewards:
Normal: 40 life
Cruel: Skill point
Merciless: Frenzy charge, for 1% life regeneration with the Blood Dance boots

Gear and Stats
Spoiler
This is my gear at the moment:

Nothing crazy or legacy. Try to cap resistance (also chaos to about 40), stack life and Strength.
About the wand: Needs to be RRR, low int requirement and flat (preferred cold over lightning) damage for applying Elemental Equilibrium.

For activating Righteous Fire I use:

Look in "How to activate Righteous Fire" or watch the Video about this.

Resistance:
93 Fire and 103 with Ruby Flask (also needed in Elemental weakness maps, I will explain in "Degeneration from Righteous Fire" how to get this so high)
77 Cold/Lightning
44 Chaos (in Merciless)
If you have some problems with your resistance, skill in Diamond Flesh or other resistance nodes near the Scion start.

Physical Reduction:
6'400 Armour (18'400 with Jade Flask)
In maps I have full uptime on my 3 Endurance charges. This reduction is enough for small/medium physical hits. In my opinion it's not useful to stack armour for tanking big hits, because it is nearly impossible with the way armour works.

Passive skilltree
Spoiler
My current passive skilltree is:
www.tiny.cc/RF291213 (I am level 90 at the moment)

I am going for this build:
www.tiny.cc/Blazing1

Short summary:
Elemental Equilibrium (only applies on hit and Righteous Fire is degeneration)
Iron Reflexes
340% life and 8% life regeneration
2 Frenzy charges (third is too far away=inefficient)
44% increased Area
8% reduced mana reserved
34% Aura/Buff Effect (also will get explained in "Degeneration from Righteous Fire")

Gems
Spoiler
Wand: Empower-Reduced Mana-Purity of Fire

Shield:
Grace-Vitality-Reduced Mana

Gloves:
CwDT (level 4)-Enduring Cry (level 7)-Vulnerability (level 5)/Enfeeble (level 7)- Rejuvenation Totem (level 7)(The Rejuvenation Totem is good because gives life regeneration that you aren't burning for)

Blood Dance: Frenzy (level 1)-Blood Magic-GMP-Pierce (Pierce is way better than Chain, because the mana multiplier is lower and it applies the Elemental Equilibrium effect better)

Helmet:
Lightning Warp (level 1)-Vulnerability/Enfeeble (level 15)-Blood Magic-Faster Casting

Redbeak, in off-hand:
Purity of Fire-Blood Magic-Reduced Mana (You need to get low life with this setup. I use a level 20 BM and a level 1 Reduced Mana)

Second boots, for swapping: Increased Burning Damage-Concentrated Effect-Increased Area of Effect-Righteous Fire

Change both Vulnerability's for high damage maps or hard bosses to Enfeeble.

How to activate Righteous Fire
Spoiler
There is a video about this in the "Video" section.

Here is the same thing in text:
Wear the second boots and go to the second weapon slot. Activate the "low life-Purity of Fire". Now the tricky part starts. Use one Ruby Flask, activate Righteous Fire and swap fast back to Wand and Phoenix shield. This will automatically put off your "low life-Purity of Fire", but you need to activate the normal Purity of Fire. After this press a second Ruby Flask and swap in the Blood Dance boots. At the end just activate Vitality and Grace.

This may sound quite hard at the start, but it will be easier with the time. This swapping trick will grant you the 200% increased damage from the Redbeak's and the life from the boots. (Life also gets snapshoted)

Degeneration from Righteous Fire
Spoiler
First everything here is calculated with 8'000 life.

About the fire resistance:
Normally you will have 75 max fire resistance, with Elemental Adaption you're at 77. While wearing the Phoenix shield you will have 85 max fire resistance. With Purity of Fire you will have...
Purity of Fire: Level 20 it will grant 4 additional max fire resistance. So empowering it to level 26 in a +3 fire wand will grant 6 max fire resistance. For 8 you will need 34 Aura/Buff effect. So I have exactly skilled 34 Aura/Buff effect.
... 93 max fire resistance!

Math of Exile:
8000*0,9*0,07=504 damage taken per second.
504/8000=6,3% life regeneration needed.
I have skilled 8%, 6 Frenzy charges(6% with Blood Dance boots) and Vitality (1,65*34%=2,211 and this will get rounded down to 2,2%). So my regeneration is 16,2% of 8000
----> 1296 final life regeneration (1343,3 with Rejuvenation Totem up)
Because 50% of 1296 is higher than 504 I can handle Half Regen maps.
Because 504*1,4 is lower than 1296 I can also handle Vulnerability maps (way easier than Half Regen).

Damage dealt
Spoiler
First everything here is again calculated with 8'000 life.

Here is a list from "Increased Damage" stats I have:
40% Koam's Heart
60% Burning Damage nodes from tree
8% Area Damage nodes from tree
27% Damage over time nodes from tree
59% Increased Burning Damage Gem
200% Dual Wield Redbeak
=394% Increased Damage

Here is a list from "More Damage" stats I have:
69% Concentrated Effect
=69% More Damage

(8000*0,5)*((100+394)/100)*((100+69)/100)=33394 Damage without Elemental Equilibrium and Vulnerability
----> 33394*1,5=50091 Damage with Elemental Equilibrium, but without Vulnerability
----> 50091*1,4=70128 final damage per second

Map mods
Spoiler
Don't combine Vulnerability and Half regeneration. If a map mod is not doable, just run the map in a group with friends, without having Righteous Fire active.
Here is also a list with explained map mods and why they are hard/impossible:

Elemental/Physical Reflect:This isn't a hard mod, because degeneration doesn't get reflected.

Totems: If you are playing solo, it can get hard with the wrong totem on the wrong mobs, because you can't kill them. In group totems aren't a problem.

Curse Immune: This is just lowering your damage a little bit, nothing to hard.

Elemental Weakness: You need to get capped on your fire resistance, otherwise when you are dropping below 90 max resistance, you will have a hard time. With capped resistance it's easy, I run them all day.

Enfeeble: This is just lowering your damage a little bit, nothing to hard. (Only the "x% less Damage" applies)

Minus max resistance: There is no way to run such a map.

Blood Magic: Nobody does this suffix, just chaos it.

Shocked Ground: Try to don't stand in it all the time, nothing to hard.

Temporal Chains: Easy map mod, because with the high life you nearly can't get frozen/chilled or shocked anyway. It also increases the duration of your Frenzy charges.

Vulnerability: Don't run this mod under 91 fire resistance, should be not to hard with 91 or 93.

No regeneration: Never run this mod, you don't have a leeching source.

Half regeneration: Don't run this mod under 93 fire resistance, with 93 its still a hard map mod, but doable.

PvP and dueling
Spoiler
With the 1.0.4 path dueling got finally added, this build is also made for PvP. An enemy who doesn't have high max fire resistance or Ruby flasks, will get totally facerolled. While the build is the same, I change my boots to:

Because you can't get all 6 Frenzy charges fast in PvP, Blood Dance boots are useless. With those new boots I have 225 fire resistance over 0, so Elemental Weakness+Flamability doesn't hurt me.
I also changed my flasks, because I don't need to turn Righteous Fire off.

Just give PvP with the Blazing Build a try, you can also duel me if I am online! There is also a video from some PvP matches, where I also show defense and offense.

Videos
Spoiler
How to activate Righteous Fire:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZrL3OjeJWs
Soloing Canyon Map:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4-BvvFATTw
Plateau Map with Irobeats:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FooYP9Q7F-Y
Piety Speedkill 4,11 sec:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=88YPyu6HG44
Showing Duels in PvP:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROyhaRS3Kyg
Shipyard map in a full group:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd9l-xMjVD8

FAQ
Spoiler
Is Koam's Heart necessary needed for this build or could I replace it with other unique/rare item?
Koam's Heart isn't really needed. You can wear a normal high life chest, with additional resistance.

Why aren't you going for Unwavering Stance as a melee ranged character?
The difference between normal builds that are staying in melee range and the Blazing build, is you are still dealing damage while stunned. You also will not get stunned often with so much life.

What makes the Blazing Build different to other Righteous Fire Builds?
It's much more viable in endgame content, because you can do so many map mods, which other Righteous Fire builds can't do. Also the survivability with the insane dps is something unique which only the Blazing build has.

Are you doing decent damage in 6-man party's?
You'll do the most damage in groups, because you can go full in without any risk of dying. You'll see the life bars sinking fast if they are in range.

If you have any kind of questions, post them here or message me in-game.
Contact me In-game: Elsahr_Blazing
Last edited by Elsahr on Jan 22, 2014, 5:53:21 AM
reserved
Good job.

They addition of the chaos nodes (bottom left near MoM) is awesome for this build and you incorporated that.

Good job.
In your damage dealt calculation, you won't get the damage bonus from both koams and carcas jack. You should only get from the one you have equipped when casting RF.
holy fk amazing !
melting everything..this is truly RF build that i want to try!!
it seems bit tricky to activate and deactivate RF,
but i guess would be no problem with follwing instructions
on youtube.

good work man!!
"
hatchling wrote:
In your damage dealt calculation, you won't get the damage bonus from both koams and carcas jack. You should only get from the one you have equipped when casting RF.

Thank you, was my fault, I will edit this.

"
ofdia wrote:
melting everything..this is truly RF build that i want to try!!
it seems bit tricky to activate and deactivate RF,
but i guess would be no problem with follwing instructions
on youtube.

good work man!!

Yeah it will get very easy with the time.
actually Redbeak does not increase RF damage. Would be better just use the searing torch.
"
jrsyn wrote:
actually Redbeak does not increase RF damage. Would be better just use the searing torch.

Have you actually tested this? I haven't myself, but a ton of guides say it works so I trust that.

Have you considered using the additional curse ring, OP? I know you're already dealing a lot of damage, but I can't help but to think at this point getting flamability/ele weakness would boost your DPS by a ridiculous amount.
"
Izuria wrote:
"
jrsyn wrote:

Have you actually tested this? I haven't myself, but a ton of guides say it works so I trust that.

Have you considered using the additional curse ring, OP? I know you're already dealing a lot of damage, but I can't help but to think at this point getting flamability/ele weakness would boost your DPS by a ridiculous amount.

Yeah Redbeaks are working for sure, I tested this many times last week.

I thought about dual cursing, my damage would be higher, but it slows my clearspeed to much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info