Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

well barrage even if it doesnt deal ltos of phys dmg still lend a hit and still give HP back!! (with LGoH) any one did the comparison between LGoH and vaal pact?( i think the main problem would be against single target? boss?)

i think the main problme as said before, is still elemental damage
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Mar 27, 2014, 12:39:30 PM
I'm testing with Blood Dance and 4 frenzy charges (I'll try with 5). It kinda works, but it's hard for me to judge because all my gems are still low level (~15). But so far I like my health pots.
"
differential wrote:
I'm testing with Blood Dance and 4 frenzy charges (I'll try with 5). It kinda works, but it's hard for me to judge because all my gems are still low level (~15). But so far I like my health pots.

VP does not prevent health potions since patch 1.1.0
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
nefczi wrote:

I think its rather matter of preference than right or wrong. 2 Days ago I was debating if I should get Voll's or Coil when i got 3axa in currency. Decided to go with Lightning Coil and i think it works great in this build. Before, I felt really squishy and had to basically spam granite+ jade flasks most of the time. Personally find it a bit annoying. And some of the bosses like some exiles(fast moving , hard to hit) were often a problem since sometimes I couldnt reliably restore flasks or leech life.

With Lightning Coil I feel a lot more tanky. I use granite + jade flasks mosly in boss fights as its usually not neccesery while fightning groups of normal mobs. High armor + flasks + lightnign coil means that I can face tank anything that does physical damage(so far).
And I havent die yet since I got Lightning Coil, while without it, it happened from time to time.
I dont feel like glass cannon anymore, it feels more "balanced". Thats how I like it. So I think that Lightning Coil is perfectly viable choice for this build if you wanna have more tanky char, dont like playing glass cannons, or you simply dont like spamming flask 24/7.

So which armour would you think should be more suitable for higher maps? Also how do you cap lightning resistences with lightning coil? do you use diamond and crit rings??

wouldn't belly of the beast increase tankiness as well? 40% to life and all resist plus nice ar/ev

"
Limmk wrote:
Would it be a good idea to get eldritch battery, use cloak of defiance and run artic armour instead of using lightning coil?
Hmm but most of the gear required doesn't have ES

i thought about eldritch + artic armour .... but that is only if you take off one aura.
if you run 4 auras like bars suggested you will never be able to run artic armour .... also there is really no point to run cloack + artic armour + eldritch battery because it just doesn't benefit you anyway ..... since you can just get lightning coil and use those points spent to increase and cap resistences (and end up probably more tanky than with AA). you also want to avoid MoM due to low mana pool we get after using auras + the fact that we don't invest a lot into mana nodes.

the only good time to use AA is if we use it on an armour tht gives us a great boost to the build but lacks survivability. for instance voll's or a ev/es 6L armour (with life and resist and other good shit), but doesn't do enough damage deduction.
"
Bars wrote:
"
differential wrote:

VP does not prevent health potions since patch 1.1.0

Totally missed that :)

I'll continue testing, the life regen from blood dance is nice for kiting around.
VP does, however, still prevents HP regen, so it would be counter productive with Blood Dance :P
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 27, 2014, 2:21:29 PM
Ok, bear with my newbie-ness for a sec.

How will a 5L Eva body armor do until I can 6-Link a lightning coil? By "how will it do" I mean, will I be able to do piety-dom and 66-70 level maps?

"
Bars wrote:
VP does, however, still prevents HP regen, so it would be counter productive with Blood Dance :P

I mean without VP, just LGoH
"
differential wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

I mean without VP, just LGoH

LgoH at level 20 will heal 44 life per hit, Barrage = 4 hits, so - 176 HP per barrage, assuming all hits are on target (one or two often miss at higher range).

At level 20, EK will deal at least 3500 average damage per hit (with your criticals and bonuses from passives and gear). Life leech level 20 is 8,8%. So, it will leech about 308 life per EK hit. A crit with barrage usually procs ~3 EK spells. Of course, leech doesn't stack like that since patch 1.1., but still - the overall healing by life leech in endgame is just better.

At your stage, it might still be about equal, I'm not sure... but still, this is easy to calculate and test.
"
Bars wrote:

LgoH at level 20 will heal 44 life per hit, Barrage = 4 hits, so - 176 HP per barrage, assuming all hits are on target (one or two often miss at higher range).

At level 20, EK will deal at least 3500 average damage per hit (with your criticals and bonuses from passives and gear). Life leech level 20 is 8,8%. So, it will leech about 308 life per EK hit. A crit with barrage usually procs ~3 EK spells. Of course, leech doesn't stack like that since patch 1.1., but still - the overall healing by life leech in endgame is just better.

At your stage, it might still be about equal, I'm not sure... but still, this is easy to calculate and test.

4 hits + chain

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info