Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

Do you suggest this build on Hardcore/Nemesis? I really dont wanna die to reflect..
Last edited by Nazrak123 on Jan 11, 2014, 12:23:29 PM
"
jorge69696 wrote:
I tried this but my mana goes down too fast. I have like 130 mana with only 2 auras active and it goes down to 0 in 2 secs or less.
I have 2% phys mana leech but it's not enough. What's your clarity level?

Mana leech not work with so low barrage dmg. My clarity level is 14 and it is too high. Take mana+life nodes and/or mana regen node

"
Mothren wrote:
Just tested fireball. With GMP it seems to do very good damage up-close and fine damage to moving targets like piety.
I have a question LeMing:
Did you test fireball, storm call and firestorm and then decide that firestorm gives the best overall damage?
What is your piety killtime if she doesn't run away frequently?

I tested all spells at level 12 on maps only (I never do piety runs). I was able to finish map even with 12 level firestorm + ice spear.
EK is outstanding. Other spells are just good.
ing: Storm_Gaze
ok. i followed the discussion passivly (friend told me alot) but now i want release my easy and in my opinion best solution possible actually:

Arctic Breath

Arc? (Why?) You have just 50% effectiveness on it so you just deal half dmg displayed.
28–534 = 281dps/2 = 140dps

Arctic Brath! (100% effectiveness)
213–319 = 266dps

It chains alot and u slow(and often freeze) every monster. This means also attackspeed is slowed of the enemies. You dont suffer to your own chilled ground. Since using it i also be able to re-cap some life-nodes and added it to the first 2 cold-dmg-node in the skilltree(14% cold-dmg/+5% chance to freeze)

gems and gear

hf guys
Last edited by soulreapr on Jan 12, 2014, 9:05:48 AM
Hmm, I dont know which spell should I use for 6L from: Spark, Arc or Freezing Pulse?
Which would you reccomend? Dmg looks very similar.
IGN Rampage: BorrsuczePento
I have been using this build (a few points modded) since the 1week nemesis/domi race and had to switch from double EK after the patch.
I started with switching one EK for a cold snap, but after just a couple of runs I swapped it for Arc, and I was sold. It synergies very well with chain (schocks first then extra damage on the next time it bounces to the same target), its kinda hard to see where my damage is coming from but this char now has the fastest clearing speed of all my chars (ever? at least if you dont count standard chars).

I am lvling a Artic Breath just to try it out once it hits 15/16. So I might come back and report in after I have tried it.

This is my current gear on nemesis atm:
Spoiler

Its far from perfect but it works extremely well for clearing blue maps around lvl70. I am running purity instead of grace atm so I am very squishy, but its so much fun. Grab a melee friend and you will skyrocket in survivability tho.
"
soulreapr wrote:

Arc? (Why?) You have just 50% effectiveness on it so you just deal half dmg displayed.
28–534 = 281dps/2 = 140dps

Arctic Brath! (100% effectiveness)
213–319 = 266dps

You misunderstand how dmg effectiveness works i believe. The 50% on Arc only applies to the gems supporting it and any addition "added x dmg" you acquire from gear. Arcs dmg effectiveness is already worked into the numbers displayed on the gem itself. This was a change they implemented pre-release. In this case you are only gems supporting Arc directly is Chain (which also would affect Arctic Breath) Life leech.

Here is a simple example. Arc says it does 28-534 damage and that is how much it does. If you were to link an added cold dmg gem (88-132) to it THEN then dmg effectiveness would apply to that dmg specifically. So your dmg would look like this.

Arc DPS = 281
Cold dmg dps = 110/2 (divided by 2 for 50% effectiveness mod from arc) = 55
Check out my Frozen Dagger build in the Shadow forums!!
Using the same skill tree, I have run this with barrage, GMP, CoC, LL, Fireball and Arctic Breath.

It's crazy to watch, and quite effective. I'm working on going to Ice Spear instead of arctic breath (Lots less video lag and beautiful to behold) but it's just a fantastic clear of groups. I'm still not to mapping yet, as I just got the Merci A2, but I'm really liking this combo over the chain/ek.
"
Nazrak123 wrote:
Do you suggest this build on Hardcore/Nemesis? I really dont wanna die to reflect..

I made several maps with reflect mode and meet some reflect pack on them. I’ve never died even to double reflect.
"
IcesPL wrote:
Hmm, I dont know which spell should I use for 6L from: Spark, Arc or Freezing Pulse?
Which would you reccomend? Dmg looks very similar.

EK is the most efficient. No doubts. But there is no other best spell. That is why I really love the 1.0.5 patch. We have so much possibilities and testing.
My few thoughts about some spells:

Cold spells:
The best thing is slowering/freezing enemies but EK with hatred aura can do this also. Arctic Breath is nice – good dmg + ice patch.

Fire spells:
Best damage from spells but no utility. I like firestorm for 2 reason: 1) Sometimes it is hard to destroy immorality totem blocked by minions. EK just hit minions and cannot reach the totem. Firestorm can do the work fast and nice. 2) Fast fireballs give me very fast and fluent life leech so I can tank a boss.
Fireball is a good single target spell. EK are best for aoe so boss/rare hitting spell is something we need.

Lighting Spells:
The best is shock stacking. Shocked mobs take much more dmg from EK. I like sparks for 2 reason: 1) in narrow places sparks are very efficient because all going in good direction bouncing from wall to wall. 2) When you are close to boss all 3 sparks rea hitting him.
Arc is better in open maps. It can shockstac very fast.

If you really need recommendation I think the best spell is that one with the highest level you possess :)
Last edited by LeMing on Jan 13, 2014, 4:41:08 AM
I’m really looking forward to see this spell working in my build:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duAFA-I_JCI&feature=youtu.be
Last edited by LeMing on Jan 13, 2014, 4:44:39 AM
"
LeMing wrote:
I’m really looking forward to see this spell working in my build:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duAFA-I_JCI&feature=youtu.be

They say that's a minion, so I doubt chain or lmp/gmp would have any effect on the number of them out there or how they react, but it could be a lot of fun to have a heat-seeking fireball essentially.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info