Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

question: how in the world is this build dealing with reflect? vaal pact does not solve this problem, the amount of leech needed isn't enough it seems.
"
aznsky01 wrote:
question: how in the world is this build dealing with reflect? vaal pact does not solve this problem, the amount of leech needed isn't enough it seems.

Life leech gem + Vall Pact is sufficient.
ing: Storm_Gaze
I played this build long time ago. In that moment i used ek with arc and added fire dmg (without life leech gem). Can added fire dmg be udes instead of arc for possible bigger dps (barrage+coc+ek+chain+LL+added fire dmg). I did not read the whole tread if someone was mentioning added fire dmg gem.
I'm now Level 73 with this build. All I can say is THANK YOU! It's such an amazing and fun build to play with... clearing level 70-72 maps with so much ease!

I'm using the Tabula Rasa as the Voll's is just so expensive so I substituted Life Leech for Power Charge on Critical. It works really well. The life leech would be handy vs bosses and ele reflect but I can manage by just being a bit more tactical in my play style.

I've been leveling all of Fireball, Arctic Breath, Ice Spear and Arc (all now at level 17), so depending on the map and the resistance of the monsters I simply change my gems to have the 2 most powerful against them.

All I've spent on this build is 1ex and 10 chaos and it's killing it (1 ex for tabula rasa and 10chaos for rat's nest).

After digging through old posts in this thread, I took on AgentKey's advice and got rid of my aura nodes and stopped running haste. I've noticed no real difference except for the fact that it freed up a tonne of extra passive nodes for me to play with and I now run Purity of Elements and Purity of Fire which has helped me hit my 75% resis as well as Herald of Ice.

I'm now at a stage though where I'd love to get some extra defence just to protect from any harsh bosses or ele reflect monster kills which sometimes happens because I don't have armour or life leech gem. My crit chance could be higher as well.. there's been times when I've spent a good 2 seconds or so waiting for my critical hit to take place.

Crit chance is 59% base and 84% with 5 power charges... I'd love to get this up more so was thinking of the twin terror route but then that sacrifices defence. I could get some extra crit chance on my amulet and rings but It sacrifices my resistances (hence why I have to run Purity auras to get them to 75/75/75

Health is currently 2,800

Any suggestions with what I can improve on or do next with this build?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAv4FtQceCLEOSA-rEZYWvyP2JP0mlSoLKk0qWzBxMHw1kjY9OkI64T8nP_xCw0M2RXxJUUrIS1dLeE2STeNRR1FMUuxTNVVLXfJh4mKsY0NsjG6qb55wUnDVdwd4DXn2fVt_K4cTidOMC4w2jX2Nv5Uul5ebtZyknaqmV6lurEe0OLTFtfK5fMDjwuzDOspKy73UI9aK2L3dqN-E44TlGeaB51ToZuyw8NXxs_JF8-r79f6P_94=

Thanks!

Brunowa

Last edited by brunowa on Oct 23, 2014, 6:52:23 PM
Hi,
Thanks for your post :)
Your gems and skill tree looks very good imo. The best way to improve your char is by changing gear and level a bit more.
1) Your wand is nice but it needs at least 50% spell dmg. Add it by master crafting or try to buy another.
2) Your shield is really bad. Has no life and most important it is not evasion base. Even 500-700 evasion with life will be huge improvement.
3) Your boots needs to be change also. Wisp me ingame or PM me, I have like 10 pairs to offer you for 1 alchemy.
4) Belt is almost ok but jewelry are also not perfect :)
Overall you can be much stronger just with better gear. Try to get 50+ life on every nonunique item. Max resists. About 200-300 addytional accuracy would be nice also.
Hi,
I made new char and guide. I'm really proud of it :)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1091251
Last edited by LeMing on Oct 28, 2014, 7:35:31 AM
"
sherkhan wrote:

Is this near-BiS for your build?

It is very good. With crit multi/ crit chance for spells it would be amazing.
BiS item was alredy crafted for this build.
I've read a lot of this thread and the last 15 or so pages. One thing I've wondered is why use pcoc instead of power siphon using the ek version of the build. Any one can comment? Also what about mitigation based around clash of defiance?

Thanks for a strong build and some dedication to updating it.
Also, any opinions on the Tora mod that cause projectiles to return to the wand/bow?
"
I've read a lot of this thread and the last 15 or so pages. One thing I've wondered is why use pcoc instead of power siphon using the ek version of the build. Any one can comment? Also what about mitigation based around clash of defiance?

This is a CoC build, you need many critical strike hits.
barrage = 4 hit
Power siphon = 1 hit

May be you can swap barrage + pcoc (4 hits) with power siphon + gmp (5 hits) but I will not use this config with EK that doesn't benefit from gmp.
One more thought on this, you will probably struggle with boss fight because you will not have power charges (no kill with power siphon) and to hit with gmp you need to be at close range.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info