Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

OP, I can't see what spell you're using to set off your CoC?

I don't see it in your items? The only projectile spells are linked to your CoC which you can't cast manually? How are you firing something off to set off your CoC?

Atziri down! I finally did it.
Really funny fight :D

I had to switch something from OP and even so got killed 3 times (in the whole run) but still I did it!!
"
brunowa wrote:
OP, I can't see what spell you're using to set off your CoC?

I don't see it in your items? The only projectile spells are linked to your CoC which you can't cast manually? How are you firing something off to set off your CoC?

Cast on Critical Strike is a trigger gem that causes a linked spell to activate when the player rolls a critical strike with the attack skill it is linked to.

I'm using attack skill BARRAGE to fire 2 spells: fireball and ice spear
ing: Storm_Gaze
"
Gegemo wrote:

I had to switch something from OP and even so got killed 3 times (in the whole run) but still I did it!!

Congratulation!!!
I thought it is possible but I chose to try with RF character with Atziri.
"
LeMing wrote:
"
Gegemo wrote:

Congratulation!!!
I thought it is possible but I chose to try with RF character with Atziri.

I played so much and had so much fun with this build that I MUST beat Atziri with it!
Atm I'm levelling a RF incinerate build too for atziri farming, should be easier :D

Thanks LeMing, playing this build and studying it I feel like I improved so much in understanding this game. Really appreciated!

P.S.: I'm actually following the RaizQT RF build but I would like to discuss if a max block/spell block would be a better choice (RF feels quite weak during mapping). Can I PM you? :P
Thanks a lot Gegemo. Please PM, I like to discuss builds and I spent some hours with RF before snapshoting fix for IIQ/IIR.

Last edited by LeMing on Oct 13, 2014, 10:06:50 AM
Last edited by brunowa on Oct 18, 2014, 7:40:22 AM
Can someone please tell me why we use Wands instead of Daggers with the higher crit chance? What about using Spectral Throw with the daggers instead?

Are there any advantages to using barrage+wands?
"
brunowa wrote:
Can someone please tell me why we use Wands instead of Daggers with the higher crit chance? What about using Spectral Throw with the daggers instead?

I can't speak to using ST with a high crit dagger, but I can say that one of the things I like about using wand + barrage is that each attack gets me 8 chances to crit (unless I'm misunderstanding how barrage works). ST only offers 2 chances on an enemy. It may work out the same or better against packs, but I like having more chances to trigger CoC on bosses.

I'm the first to admit that I suck out loud at build making, though, so someone who's better at it could likely offer a more informed answer.
"
Thaelyn wrote:
"
brunowa wrote:

I can't speak to using ST with a high crit dagger, but I can say that one of the things I like about using wand + barrage is that each attack gets me 8 chances to crit (unless I'm misunderstanding how barrage works). ST only offers 2 chances on an enemy. It may work out the same or better against packs, but I like having more chances to trigger CoC on bosses.

I'm the first to admit that I suck out loud at build making, though, so someone who's better at it could likely offer a more informed answer.

Barrage (with GMP) vs ST (with GMP):

Lower crit proc with many monsters
Higher crit proc with single target
Max base crit 11% vs 9%
Barrage is faster
Barrage can offscrean

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info