Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

"
Leszczu wrote:
Another thing to note is, Lightning Coil is best when used with Purity of Lightning and Saffel's Frame.

I think I'll concentrate on getting BIS wand and then I'll think about better 6L chest.

Even without those, it takes 40% of phys damage and reduces it by 75%, effectively meaning you only take 70% of phys damage. LC even has a fairly decent roll on EV so a I dont think its possible for an EV rare to get near the same mitigation. May still be the better option though with more life and resists (especially chaos).

I also agree though that any 6L that's not Tabula is a LOOOONG way away, at least for me. Gonna focus everything else first I think, probably going with the spell shield too, even though I know I shouldn't.

"
Leszczu wrote:
I've done maps up to 72 without LL gem, still haven't died to reflect. Instant flask and 1% leech is all I used. Granted I reroll reflect maps, but reflect mobs alone can't hurt me :)

Good to know, maybe I'm being over cautious. But the math makes me scared, with 1%LL (ignoring the time taken to leech) and 75% resists you are still taking 2.5% of your damage output reflected, and that is pretty high with this build, easily enough to "oneshot" (or more accurately 1barrage80shot) my char.

Maybe I'll roll with 1% LL for most content for a bit, see how I like it, and add in the LL gem for reflect maps or if I notice a reflect mob in time. Would also give me the opportunity to test PCoC in main attack and see how I like the convenience... OOOOOR a third spell for all of the damage XD
I'd like to know if there is another Fire Projectile spell apart from Fireball.

I dont really like mixing cold and fire, as i got some nice ring/amu with fire dmg.
"
AgentKay wrote:
"
Leszczu wrote:
I've done maps up to 72 without LL gem, still haven't died to reflect. Instant flask and 1% leech is all I used. Granted I reroll reflect maps, but reflect mobs alone can't hurt me :)

Good to know, maybe I'm being over cautious. But the math makes me scared, with 1%LL (ignoring the time taken to leech) and 75% resists you are still taking 2.5% of your damage output reflected, and that is pretty high with this build, easily enough to "oneshot" (or more accurately 1barrage80shot) my char.

Maybe I'll roll with 1% LL for most content for a bit, see how I like it, and add in the LL gem for reflect maps or if I notice a reflect mob in time. Would also give me the opportunity to test PCoC in main attack and see how I like the convenience... OOOOOR a third spell for all of the damage XD

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

To be clearer I tried out ele LL on wand. Got _WizardLizard_ (legend) to remove my crafted mod, then I put on cold LL, switched in Ice Spear instead of Fireball, and regretted out of Vaal Pact. Was super happy with the result, I tried adding PCoC instead of my LL gem, and it was incredibly nice to always have PC's. I also tried all three spells for a time and the damage was unreal. Then I rolled a lvl 66 reflect map to test it out. Any pack of 8+ mobs would rip me without potions. Any pack over 20 would rip me through potions.

So I went back to go ol' _WizardLizard_ and removed my LL on wand and respecced back into Vaal pact. RNGesus also seemed happy with the change back as he blessed me with a max craft on spell damage back on my wand.

"
gexstar wrote:
I'd like to know if there is another Fire Projectile spell apart from Fireball.

I dont really like mixing cold and fire, as i got some nice ring/amu with fire dmg.

Wiki is a great place to answer this yourself. Anyway, the answer is yes, incinerate is a fire projectile spell. However it cannot be cast with CoC as its a channeling skill. There are many ways to do CoC, but in general here is the ranking of spells:

Top Tier: There is a reason these are basically the only CoC spells you see
Arctic Breath - Silly high damage, combined with freezes and chilled ground makes it a given in almost any CoC build
Fireball - so.much.damage. I have cold scaling on my tree and Fireball still does more than Arctic breath
Ethereal Knives - Massive damage and AoE, receives projectile, spell and physical scaling. Doesn't play nice with other, doesn't need to, BFF's with chain.

Useful Tier: Utility or requirements for high damage
Arc - Shock stacking is still incredible and arc is the best in the business. It hits before the rest of your slavo and make it hit 50% harder (most of the time). Does not much damage on its own without scaling on tree and doesn't hit many enemies, also doesn't play nice with GMP or Chain.
Ice Spear - The buff made it viable, still not tested at lvl 20, may move up a tier. No AOE and lower damage hurts it a bit, and doesn't benefit from the pierce nodes on tree. Scales better with crit and crit multi than any other spell though.
Cold Snap - Super high damage, perma freeze everything, AOE. Only not top tier as it requires Voll's or PCoC in your main 6Link. ALso doesn't receive projectile scaling and doesn't work with GMP or Chain.

For Fun Tier: Still good cause CoC is good, requires scaling to be effective
Ball lightning - Ouch my fps. Very slow way of dealing damage. Shock stacks are nice though. Can be nice with arc and lightning scaling (See Mathils guide)
Freezing pulse - Super good skill, largest shotgun range in the game, but requires projectile speed and freeze chance to scale well and its damage is too low for CoC. Try it self cast, you won't be disappointed.

Just Don't Tier:
Firestorm - Do you want your pc to melt? Also GL doing single target damage.
FlameSurge - The highest spell damage in the game, with a built in potential 50% MORE multiplyer and high (6%) initial crit chance? How can this possibly be so bad? Oh yeah, no good supports work on it and it's AoE is too small to clear rooms. God I wish this one worked, but it just doesn't. Odd that Cold snap works and this doesn't.
Spark - Whats that? You want a low damage unreliable projectile that travels randomly slowly? Gotcha covered.
All the rest - I got bored, CBA listing them out. Just don't.

From this you should notice that if you must go one damage type it should be phys > cold > lightning > fire. Ele version should mix a few for best effect. Yes your elemental damage scaling is less effective, so stop investing in specific elements! The setup run by almost everyone is Arctic Breath and Fireball, with arc if you can manage to fit it in.
Last edited by AgentKay on Sep 12, 2014, 5:40:19 AM
for mana issue what about Mind Drinker? 2 passives should be enought to drop clarity:
2% phys dmg leeched as mana
8 hit with barrage and gmp or 12 with chain should be enought. Am I wrong?

I play without LL and use PCoC. If you pay attention you will not suicide vs reflect.
How could you possible play w/o PCoC, it's too slow to cast every 10'' an utility barrage (I have it too but with summon skeletons + enfeeble for specials encounters).

note: I play phys version and reflect hurt when in group, but manageble. Ele version should have more resistance than phys vs reflect.
"
Gegemo wrote:
for mana issue what about Mind Drinker? 2 passives should be enought to drop clarity:
2% phys dmg leeched as mana
8 hit with barrage and gmp or 12 with chain should be enought. Am I wrong?

I play without LL and use PCoC. If you pay attention you will not suicide vs reflect.
How could you possible play w/o PCoC, it's too slow to cast every 10'' an utility barrage (I have it too but with summon skeletons + enfeeble for specials encounters).

note: I play phys version and reflect hurt when in group, but manageble. Ele version should have more resistance than phys vs reflect.

Interesting idea with the mana issues solution. Would for sure work, but with a low level clarity I have no issues, and dropping it gains nothing really, can't put another aura on. It could be a good way to wear Voll's though as with Voll's its very hard to run clarity on mana, although no idea where to get the points from, but shouldn't be too hard.

And actually I think phys can deal with reflect better because of CWDT Immortal call making you completely invulnerable for a certain time, whereas with ele, sure the damage will be lower, but its always there, and at the higher levels of DPS it's enough to kill near instantly. Also ele version needs a pot for each elemental damage it does to get through reflect, which takes up too many flask spots. I tried it for quite a while last night and I was never really happy with it.

With the 18% extra PC duration and Deodre's flask I only need to do a utility every 24 seconds, which really isn't too hard. I don't really mind it, but I did really enjoy not having to bother. TBH if I was going to drop LL I would add another spell and up my dps by ~50% rather than add the utility of PCoC. Maybe 6 link in Voll's with Mind Drinker is the way forward.
Thanks for all the patience and your answers people!

Im currently lvl 61 on rampage and just bought myself some gear. Im currently using tabula rasa with PCoC and the elemental build. So no lifeleech... i dont like having to use another spell to get Power Charges. Dunno what to do about the Lifeleech yet.

But the damage is just retarded. Im at 94.7% critchance and about 100% spell damage and 0,43 attacks per second. Jesus that is just wrong... If i meet any elemental reflect im just instand dead even with max resists. Given i only have 1,7k Life atm... ;)

Im using Clarity lvl 10 on mana at the moment and even got some gear with manareg and its barely enough to sustain. I was thinking about running double Vaal Haste for more clearspeed, but i cant sustain that attack speed increase even remotely. Any ideas ?

Great guide, very helpful people hear. Thank you very much!
Last edited by gexstar on Sep 12, 2014, 1:44:15 PM
Again thank you for the build, had a really great time .. Lv87 on beyond, got oneshotted by flameblast exile in 75map. Time to try something else I guess. But this was the most fun build I have ever played :)
Hello, i want to make this build, seems cool!
i wanna know if you updated the pasive tree to the lastest version: forsaken masters?
"
i wanna know if you updated the pasive tree to the lastest version: forsaken masters?

The linked passives are up to date, yes.

On the life leech matter... im currently running 1% fire life leech from Doryanis Belt. As it adds 29% fire spell damage as well and has everything but max life, i wondered why it is not linked in the thread. It's one of the best in slot items for the elemental builds in my opinion. Im running PCoC instead of LL in my Tabula with Arctic Breath and Fireball and am doing exceptional so far. I didnt try a elemental reflect map, but reflect mobs are no issue with the occasional pot.
"
gexstar wrote:
"

The linked passives are up to date, yes.

On the life leech matter... im currently running 1% fire life leech from Doryanis Belt. As it adds 29% fire spell damage as well and has everything but max life, i wondered why it is not linked in the thread. It's one of the best in slot items for the elemental builds in my opinion. Im running PCoC instead of LL in my Tabula with Arctic Breath and Fireball and am doing exceptional so far. I didnt try a elemental reflect map, but reflect mobs are no issue with the occasional pot.

If you run one fire spell and one cold spell, then 1% leech is only from half of your damage. Vaal Pact then removes 60%, so that 1% is not that much. Also, 30% fire damage only scales with one spell. You should get life and resists on belt and spell damage on wand/shield/jewelry. It's more optimized that way.
IGN: LeszczuTheSlayer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info